Possible to order from factory?

CivicNovice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Country flag
Is it possible to order a 2019 from the factory? I'm looking for a specific setup; an Aegean Blue Sport Hatchback manual transmission with the upgraded radio that supports Apple CarPlay. Not sure if a sunroof is an option but that would be nice. I cannot find this anywhere near me. What's the process to order from the factory?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
In the US, the Sport hatch isn't available with CarPlay or a sunroof.

OP
OP

CivicNovice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Country flag
Thank you for the reply. That really sucks.

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Other option is to purchase an after market display that supports apple car play and diy install if you plan on getting a hatchback. The lack of a sunroof and quality infotainment system wasn't a personal deal breaker, having had an 07' Accord. All the best to you in choosing the car that best fits your needs.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The 2019 Sport infotainment unit doesn't support CarPlay or Android Auto.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's similar, but only 5".

The CarPlay/AA units are 7".

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
See, this is just another great example of the seemingly inexplicable dysfunction in the trim and feature differences between the US and Canada. ALL our hatches have the 7" AA/CP infotainment and the sport and sport touring both have a moonroof. Yet, we can't get a sedan or coupe with leather and turbo without going to the touring. We also can't get a turbo sedan with manual except the Si. And then to flip back we CAN get the hatch sport touring with a manual.

All kinds of messed up...

Oh and our sport sedan/coupe is now basically a heavily de-chromed EX-T without the the T :( Looks real pretty but has one nut cut off so to speak...

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
Our local Honda dealer explained to me that cars can no longer be special ordered. Honda builds what they predict will sell based on numerous factors. If you want something special, your choice is to search dealer inventories, or wait for one to be built, which may be weeks or months. Apparently the dealer can find out what has been built recently and order it.

Type Rs are allocated to dealers, and when one comes in, it's a showroom piece to draw in potential customers. Dealers in our area sell them anywhere from MSRP to MSRP+$10,000 ADP. No discounts. Salesmen take turns selling them; i.e. "That's Mike's Type R to sell this month, next one will be Dan's to sell."

Disclaimer: This was told to me by salesmen at 3 different dealers, so the truth may vary.
Sponsored