Possible to install Civic Si wing spoiler on regular Coupe?

flare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
My wife won't let me buy a Civic Si because it's only offered in standard transmission and she doesn't want to "deal with it".

I'm willing to go with a coupe but one of things I like the most about the Si is the wing spoiler. Is it possible to have this specific wing installed on a regular coupe? Honda's site offers a wing spoiler accessory but it's not the same one from the Si.
Sponsored

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
I dont see why it wouldn't fit granted the trunk is the same.
You will have to drill holes etc so make sure you really want the wing.

sillyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I actually inquired about this with my dealership when I got my Coupe a few months ago.

Basically they said that it could be done but since there is no "kit" for it, it would have to be done by a local body shop and not the dealership.

You can order the SI spoiler from the dealership and then take it to a body shop for installation.

I am in Canada, but the local body shop here quoted $600 for installation because it was something that "hadn't been done before." This is on top of the price of the spoiler itself.

That being said, everyone involved said it was definitely possible to do.

Don't forget to get the trunk springs so that the trunk will still open with the extra weight of the spoiler.

buddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic coupe touring WOP 2016
Country flag
I actually inquired about this with my dealership when I got my Coupe a few months ago.

Basically they said that it could be done but since there is no "kit" for it, it would have to be done by a local body shop and not the dealership.

You can order the SI spoiler from the dealership and then take it to a body shop for installation.

I am in Canada, but the local body shop here quoted $600 for installation because it was something that "hadn't been done before." This is on top of the price of the spoiler itself.

That being said, everyone involved said it was definitely possible to do.

Don't forget to get the trunk springs so that the trunk will still open with the extra weight of the spoiler.

I ordered the SI spoiler and had a body shop in Ottawa install it for $160.00 (Honda wouldn't do it) see pics

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible to install Civic Si wing spoiler on regular Coupe? IMG_6185.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible to install Civic Si wing spoiler on regular Coupe? IMG_6186.JPG

cfleegle

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe 2015 Chrysler 200s
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the SI spoiler and had a body shop in Ottawa install it for $160.00 (Honda wouldn't do it) see pics

IMG_6185.JPG

IMG_6186.JPG
Where did you order it from and how much if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

nblair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag

IMG_6185.JPG

IMG_6186.JPG
Hey, I just bought a 2018 EX-T and I purchased an Si spoiler from Honda separately. They said they wouldn’t install the spoiler and I was just wondering where you got yours installed?

I noticed the 6 bolts that came with it didn’t have nuts, seems like some bolts and two sided tape wouldn’t be enough to hold it on... have you experienced any problems?

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
My wife won't let me buy a Civic Si because it's only offered in standard transmission and she doesn't want to "deal with it".

I'm willing to go with a coupe but one of things I like the most about the Si is the wing spoiler. Is it possible to have this specific wing installed on a regular coupe? Honda's site offers a wing spoiler accessory but it's not the same one from the Si.
There’s no reason she should be driving your car. It’s OK to be a man dude. It would be a cold day in hell before my lady would be telling me what I can drive.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would just get something from eBay to look different than the std coupe.
you can get a knock-off TypeR spoiler or just a lip spoiler if you like to keep it simple

EDIT: just saw the OP was months ago & you probably got something already...

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
There’s no reason she should be driving your car. It’s OK to be a man dude. It would be a cold day in hell before my lady would be telling me what I can drive.
This right here x100
I bought my Si and didn’t care what she had to say about it. She has her own car so she doesn’t have to drive mine. That said I did offer to teach her and she is trying to learn

sillyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
honda canada
Hey, I just bought a 2018 EX-T and I purchased an Si spoiler from Honda separately. They said they wouldn’t install the spoiler and I was just wondering where you got yours installed?

I noticed the 6 bolts that came with it didn’t have nuts, seems like some bolts and two sided tape wouldn’t be enough to hold it on... have you experienced any problems?
How much did you guys pay for the SI Spoiler and related parts? (US or Canadian?)

OP
OP

flare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
This right here x100
I bought my Si and didn’t care what she had to say about it. She has her own car so she doesn’t have to drive mine. That said I did offer to teach her and she is trying to learn
We have kids and she takes them everywhere on her soccer mom van. She always mentions the concern of having her car break down and then having to "deal" with driving my car to take the kids.
FML

nblair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
How much did you guys pay for the SI Spoiler and related parts? (US or Canadian?)
Hey sorry, I’m not on here super often. I paid $700 CAD for it through my Honda Dealer, I asked them to order it in as a part. I don’t have it installed yet because I realized some time ago the the Si Trunk is different than the regular coupe. So I made some reinforced plates and welded nuts to it and that’s what I’m going to use to secure the spoiler to the car. I may post pics when I finally get around to drilling into my baby :S

Civicx

First Name
brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic touring

IMG_6185.JPG

IMG_6186.JPG

Nice the spoiler looks great!! Im about to install this spoiler would i need to change my trunk springs? Did you?
Sponsored