Poor rear-view & Lane Watch camera quality?

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I have a 9th gen SI and a 10th gen SI at home!
The camera look pretty much the same. A little better resolution on the 10th gen.
They both are functional but not that good if I compare them with my ex WRX 2017.
They also get dirty very easily for some reason rendering them almost useless sometimes. The WRX did not get that dirty even after a week.

Might be a solution to clean it thoroughly an then apply a nano-coating on it to repelled dirt.
Apply wax or rain x to the lenses
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Good to know. I just went to clean the lens.
Not sure how to get a small amount of nano-reading, I will just wax it next time I wax the car.

kakazsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is a big let down after I got the car, since Honda has been advertise all the techs on the new Civic. My wife's 17 GTI is way better in resolution and color. My 17 Forester is also way better in resolution and night clarity (better low light sensitivity)

Well, maybe Honda is just too good at business. Saving any penny they can.

BTW, the head unit is trash too, interns of the ancient hardware specs. Both the camera and the head unit feels like the first Android on HTC G1

notsure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Sedan
My issue is less with the quality of the cameras (they’re ok, not superb), but more often with glare from above washing out the display itself. I may try to improvise a visor to shade it from above and on the right. Does anyone know of any existing clip-on piece that would accomplish this?

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
It is a big let down after I got the car, since Honda has been advertise all the techs on the new Civic. My wife's 17 GTI is way better in resolution and color. My 17 Forester is also way better in resolution and night clarity (better low light sensitivity)

Well, maybe Honda is just too good at business. Saving any penny they can.

BTW, the head unit is trash too, interns of the ancient hardware specs. Both the camera and the head unit feels like the first Android on HTC G1
My cameras work and look great. My headunit is fast and sounds great ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Carrots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
I joined this forum to ask about this very issue. My husband has a '17 hatchback and I have an '18 Si. The hatchback camera is perfectly fine, the camera on the Si is terrible. I feel like it should be better but that it wasn't focused properly during install or something - at first I thought maybe they left the film on, but I've tried cleaning it and no luck. I've considered going to the dealership but I don't know if they would really care about it. This was actually one of the things I loved on his car that made me want to get a civic, and I'm really disappointed I can barely even use it.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I joined this forum to ask about this very issue. My husband has a '17 hatchback and I have an '18 Si. The hatchback camera is perfectly fine, the camera on the Si is terrible. I feel like it should be better but that it wasn't focused properly during install or something - at first I thought maybe they left the film on, but I've tried cleaning it and no luck. I've considered going to the dealership but I don't know if they would really care about it. This was actually one of the things I loved on his car that made me want to get a civic, and I'm really disappointed I can barely even use it.
Take to the dealership to see if they can look into it. The worse they can tell you is that it is normal.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
Yes take it to the dealership. It's the same quality as an hatchback. It's probably the same camera.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I had a '15 Si, and the cameras on that were better than the ones on my '17 Si...hands down...so it's possible.

kakazsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My cameras work and look great. My headunit is fast and sounds great ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What are you comparing to then. It is great compared to 10 years old car. But not most modern cars today.
They quality is worse than both GTI and Forester. Granted SI is an ecobox on steroid.
Sponsored