First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I make my living operating complex machines, and it's an occupational hazard to anthropomorphize them. I'm not alone here. As the passionate posts on this forum attest, many of us think of our cars as friends.

For me, the car dictates its identity. My Wolfsburg Jetta had a masculine all-business feeling to it. My Civic has a feminine feel: hidden power and a love of dancing. But that's just my interpretation.

I'm curious as to how others play this game.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Like the other guy said, it's a car. No gender.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Having owned 3 civics, this is the only one that feels feminine because of the CVT. It's such a "vagina" of a transmission.
:rofl:

un hombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+GT White
Country flag
I think mine is a "shemale". I treat the car as "her", but every gear change involves stroking her "stick"...

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
99% of the time I don't think of a car as being gendered...but when I do, she's a she. Named after this blonde in college - Amber.

Having owned 3 civics, this is the only one that feels feminine because of the CVT. It's such a "vagina" of a transmission.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'll keep it clean but this cracked me up more than it should have.

I think mine is a "shemale". I treat the car as "her", but every gear change involves stroking her "stick"...
...to each his own?...

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I've usually given my cars female names except for my current Silver SI. This one "Silver Hornet" came from the Pink Panther movies. It is more reliable too.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Her name is Lucy. Bunch of weirdos in here not assigning their cars a gender and name. :crazy:

pyropinky

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' civic hatch sport touring 6sp SGP
well she bitches at me when I don't have my belt on (going to grab the mail) or if I don't put my foot on the brake to take the e-brake off so its definitely a girl. she doesn't have a name yet tho :(

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Mine would have certainly self-identified, if only it could, as a semi-fluid non-binary asexual, with personal pronouns "it, it, its". I did refer to it as "she" once or twice, and I think she sorry, it, got slightly offended, although I can't be certain as it continually refuses to talk to me. About anything, in fact. If that behavior persists, we'll be doing some counseling...

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would say that I usually wait until I refer to my cars as a he or a she, instead of just assigning it a designation. My first car was a she, and my last car was a he. That being said my Civic is a HE! He is just too badass to be a she. I dont really do the naming thing, he is just referred to as "The Civic".

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
He is just too badass to be a she.
Hmm, not to start anything here, but I can certainly think of at least several women off the top (and many guys to compare them against) that would definitively make the opposite statement true. ;)

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
My civic identifies as JDM :dance:
Sponsored