Poll: Is 2021 going to start the 11th generation?

Do you think the 2021 will be the 11th generation Civic?

• Yes, it isn't as popular as the 8th gen to go another year

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • No, it's selling well enough to go another year

Votes: 186 82.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 7.1%

• Total voters

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Looks like it's from October of 2016. I would have believed that information back then, but with the MMC not happening until MY 2020, I doubt it'll be that fast.
MMC for the sedan was in 2019.

Hatch and Si are on their own production schedules, and very likely will carry through MY 2021.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My last post in the thread. No I'm not an industry insider but having run a car forum (granted it's Hyundai based) for nearly 20 years I have a bit of a knowledge base.

It just seems illogical that Honda would rush to release the 11th gen. The 10th gen has garnered acclaim from consumers and the media like no Civic in recent memory... maybe forever. Some of the 10th gen models were literally just refreshed. The non-SUV market is soft. As much as Honda is secretive about such things it just seems too late in the game (with no peep or leak from any source) for a Fall 2020 release as a '21.

Reactions: mjh

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
My last post in the thread. No I'm not an industry insider but having run a car forum (granted it's Hyundai based) for nearly 20 years I have a bit of a knowledge base.

It just seems illogical that Honda would rush to release the 11th gen. The 10th gen has garnered acclaim from consumers and the media like no Civic in recent memory... maybe forever. Some of the 10th gen models were literally just refreshed. The non-SUV market is soft. As much as Honda is secretive about such things it just seems too late in the game (with no peep or leak from any source) for a Fall 2020 release as a '21.
With the "No Change" recommendation by the EPA to the Greenhouse Gas standards for Light Duty vehicles (MY '22-'25) it would be difficult to predict the release of a different set-up than what already exists.
Granted, the next Civic line will be slightly smaller in liter (perhaps a 1.4L) and be marginally more efficient.
Enjoy the 1.5L while it lasts.....

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
With the "No Change" recommendation by the EPA to the Greenhouse Gas standards for Light Duty vehicles (MY '22-'25) it would be difficult to predict the release of a different set-up than what already exists.
Granted, the next Civic line will be slightly smaller in liter (perhaps a 1.4L) and be marginally more efficient.
Enjoy the 1.5L while it lasts.....
I can't imagine an Si model with any engine smaller than the 1.5L unless it's a hybrid setup.

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can't imagine an Si model with any engine smaller than the 1.5L unless it's a hybrid setup.
Yeah, I couldn't see that either. A hybrid for their Si addition won't happen either - they would lose a serious customer base.
It will either be the engine size or slightly increased thermal efficiency (which is already pretty stout).

If I might: It may be longer than the usual MY changeover at this point in the game, since there is not a change to the Greenhouse standards up through '25. That's a possibility.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
If the 11th gen was going to be released for 2021 MY, we would have heard some rumblings by now.
Look for a 2022 model year 11th gen Civic announcement in 6-12 months.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
If it's hybrid setup I won't touch that with a ten foot pole

2ndCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic si
Country flag
If it's hybrid setup I won't touch that with a ten foot pole
Depends on what kind of hybrid. If they added an mgu-k and an mgu-h it could be a lot of fun at the track. Kind of overkill on a daily though.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
1.0t coming soon with 0w16. Watch it happen. I laugh everytime someone mentions the hopes of the engine increasing in size.

As far as the release of the 11th.

I agree with @gtman

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1.0t coming soon with 0w16. Watch it happen. I laugh everytime someone mentions the hopes of the engine increasing in size.

As far as the release of the 11th.

I agree with @gtman
Yes. Engines will not increase in size, that has been the staple thus far. Slight increases in thermal efficiency and possibly more robust catalyst systems. Maybe a drop to a 1.4L - but as of now, the Greenhouse standard will remain unchanged through MY ‘25.
There may be slight changes to the body, but I do not predict a different engine until at least ‘24-‘25 when the new set of standards is mandated of the manufacturers.

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
https://hondacivicjapan.blogspot.com/2019/11/honda-civic-11th-generation-release-date.html

how does this guy know all these upcoming feature of Civic 11th generation?

Is he just blowing his horn? or he has inside scoop?

because I find it hard to believe Honda will remove the lane changing warning technology
The 11th Gen would more likely be released in Europe before the U.S. look for it probably mid ‘22.
Just let the “details” be the details, we have no control over that.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
I think with the current pandemic affecting the global economy and manufacturing, it is very unlikely to see any big changes in the near future. When the economy tanked last time, we lost several brands and many models of vehicles. I'm guessing any funds that were headed towards retooling assembly lines and engineering will be used to restart production on the most profitable/popular vehicles in an attempt to recover. Hopefully we won't lose any of the performance oriented vehicles. I say we sacrifice the entire Mitsubishi brand and keep the rest.