POLL: How many of you STILL love your Si after owning for more than a year?

Do you still love your Si as much, or almost as much, as when you first got it?

• YES, very much so

• No, I am ready to trade it in or sell it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
I have noticed in the last few months that people are getting rid of their SI's like they are the plague. It seems like many people get bored of it and trade it in for a CTR, or anything else. A lot of people are jumping ship!

While I am not quite at a year, I can honestly say that I still love my Si almost as much as when I first bought her. Now, like with everything, once I had it for a little while, the excitement wore a little. But, all it takes it driving out on a twisty road to bring back those old feelings.

Anyone else still love their Si after long term ownership?
Sponsored

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Best car i have owned so far in my life, wouldnt trade blackie in for anything at this point. 14k miles on her, and shes sitting in the garage awaiting spring weather and hopefully the 27won exhaust.

lhobbs

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how much the enticing price tag for an entry-level sports car plays a role in the buyer's remorse. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast (regretting the original decision that was probably motivated by the Si's cheaper cost)... or maybe I should have test driven all the competitors to see what I'm missing... some food for thought :popcorn:

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
1 year and 4 months later, I love her now more than the first month I got her. She's grown on me just like age has grown on J-Lo, the older they both get, the hotter and better they seem to become.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
I wonder how much the enticing price tag for an entry-level sports car plays a role in the buyer's remorse. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast (regretting the original decision that was probably motivated by the Si's cheaper cost)... or maybe I should have test driven all the competitors to see what I'm missing... some food for thought :popcorn:
Sports car? Please. It only “looks” like a sports car and that’s a stretch. It’s a civic not an accord which is more of a sports car than the si will ever be.

250gtswb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe; 1969 Honda S800M Roadster
Country flag
At the end of last month, my 2017 Si coupe was totaled in a bad crash shortly after my first "anniversary" with it. After a few weeks of convalescent rest, I was feeling well enough to get myself a new car: another Si coupe (a 2018 in Lunar Silver). I chose to replace my Si with an Si with no hesitation, and without even considering another vehicle. I've owned a great variety of very good sports cars in my time, and I just love the Gen X Si. If my current financial state was better, I might have pondered the Civic Type R and the Porsche Cayman, but the Si really suits my needs perfectly.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
Dont feed the troll :crazy:
You can sit on your pedestal all you want. Won’t change the fact that a 4 cylinder engine will never be able to compe with even a basic v6 turbo engine. SI’s are for the people who wanna own a “sports” car but don’t wanna pay for a real one. Insurance does not take your manual transmission or WHP into consideration when labeling a car “sports”. Neither should you.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
You can sit on your pedestal all you want. Won’t change the fact that a 4 cylinder engine will never be able to compe with even a basic v6 turbo engine. SI’s are for the people who wanna own a “sports” car but don’t wanna pay for a real one. Insurance does not take your manual transmission or WHP into consideration when labeling a car “sports”. Neither should you.
Is the CTR a sports car?

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The official definition of a sports car according to Merriam Webster is,

"a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving."

The CTR is too practical to be a sports car :D (joke)

I would not classify the Si as a sports car though. I would consider it a sporty vehicle.

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I have an Si and I still like my car very much but it is definitely not a sports car. It is however quite "sporty".

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Hasn’t been a year yet, but I can say with all confidence I will absolutely love my Si still by next April. Can’t wait to take it outta storage just before. Some annoyances I have with it, but on balance really doesn’t matter when looking at the car as a whole.
Amazing car, and well deserving of its 10 best cars awarding from Car & Driver magazine. Nothing like it on the road, very unique looking coupe. Will probably own it for the rest of its life and hopefully add another better sports car down the line a-la Supra. Also lotsa rank & file at work (where there are a few Mercs/BMW/AUDI)have become pretty enamoured and big time jealous of this car from the behind back talk I’ve heard...haha:p And oh yeah this car is very much a SPORTS CAR. If something like a less capable Toyota 86 or Miata are considered sports cars, then this Si (coupe) is certainly one too. Haven’t encountered not one person who thought this car wasnt a sports car;)
Merry Christmas everyone

Last edited:

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
Maybe he mad cause he don’t have a si ‍:hmm: but I love my sporty si :drive:
I have 17 coupe with leather. I ain’t salty at all since I’m unable to drive MT.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't care what people want to call it; sports car, sporty or otherwise, but I love my Si. I have had it for a year and a half, and there isn't a better balance of performance, mpg, practicality, reliability and comfort in any other car that is $25k MSRP.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.