Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I don't have a picture on hand but I scratched up the piano black plastic wing pretty bad when my buddy and I tried to jack up the car in the garage with the hatch open. Stupid idea...
I feel your pain. I did the sub and amp upgrade and had the car parked in my driveway while I was messing with the amp controls in the hatch. Started to rain, so I went to put the car in the garage, forgetting that the hatch was still open. Scratched the wing on the top of the garage door as I drove in. Such a dumbass move. It cleaned up OK and is not too noticeable unless I look close, but I know it's there.
Sponsored

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
found a pretty deep scratch on my roof soon after i bought the car. It was only clear coat, but deep enough that dirt collected on it as I drove. It was a straight line, at least 6" long. No idea how it happened but it was probably the dealer. Got it paint corrected when i got PPF.

Not many other scratches but my front lip bottom is pretty scratched... not yet visible from above luckily.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some ass hit my parked car an left cane out of work doing 12hr shift to do there goes my ot hrs called insurance getting estimate done wondering if anyone knows or have idea how much it gonna cost me insurance says I only have a 509 deductible fml

D6815F18-80A7-4AA2-91FF-6D1C516B2044.jpeg
Man. That sucks. I would be livid!! Good luck

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve got rock chips on the front bumper, front fender, rear fender, and along the bottom edges of the door. My front lip has eaten curb more times than I would like to admit (goddamn those low curbs) and 3 out of 4 of my wheels have varying degrees of curb rash.

Battle scars, but that’s the life of a daily driver, isn’t it?

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure how a hit and run works, but if it's a known party who hit you, you wouldn't be liable and you wouldn't be responsible for a deductible. The damage would go through their insurance. No cameras on the lot?
Yeah cameras I got video footage an everything just too grainy to see plates fml

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man that sucks. Unfortunately these things are gonna happen. Eventually she’ll be fixed up and looking great.
Yeah going tomorrow to meet with the estimator gotta get her looking sexy again by summer lol

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
No way I can look at this thread. Would drive me nuts and make my OCD kick in on my own car.... Skip

scottjua

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru STI, 2019 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
found a pretty deep scratch on my roof soon after i bought the car. It was only clear coat, but deep enough that dirt collected on it as I drove. It was a straight line, at least 6" long. No idea how it happened but it was probably the dealer. Got it paint corrected when i got PPF.

Not many other scratches but my front lip bottom is pretty scratched... not yet visible from above luckily.
I have a garage door story too.

The wife forgot to set the e brake, and the car rolled back. Then she forgot to close the garage door. When she went back out and saw the garage door was open, she closed it but it came down on the rear wing.

:(

Luckily just a few tiny nicks in the black paint...

However our driveway is uphill from the neighbor's house. We got Soooo lucky the car didn't roll back over the lip of the garage and crash into the other house. I'm thankful it was only the paint on the wing. It could have been MUCH more disastrous.

We're used to the electronic e brake now, but we were both hating it at first. I still prefer a manual e brake as years of manual driving for us both and the muscle memory of pulling it up makes for a big adjustment.

She also doesn't like parking in-gear, so now she's learned to be extra careful to make sure the e brake is engaged. If I park the car I'm used to checking neutral before start with foot on the brake etc., but she might forget it's in gear and launch straight into my mill...

Wish there was a manual e brake.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
If you have the $, it doesn't hurt to have the hood and fenders covered completely covered but make sure they completely cover it. Any seams will look like garbage.

I had my rocker panels PPF'd as well and I HATED the seam. It would also collect grime right at the edge. I had it removed. I'll take the risk.
Mine is gone getting PPF on front and rockers. Was hoping the seam wouldn't bother me, but this is worrying to hear. I imagine it's much more noticable on white though, mine is PMM.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Mine is gone getting PPF on front and rockers. Was hoping the seam wouldn't bother me, but this is worrying to hear. I imagine it's much more noticable on white though, mine is PMM.
Consider your compromise: bearing with chips, or bearing with seeing seams. Some people consider one than the other. I'm on the latter.

No way I can look at this thread. Would drive me nuts and make my OCD kick in on my own car.... Skip
Thankfully there hasn't been a lot of photos in this thread yet. I can post my 1 out of 2 chips :)? I've been refilling them though so I'm doing much better before it gets ceramic this weekend.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
A lady decided to back up so she could reach the ticket booth button at the entrance of a public underground garage (there was more than enough space for her to maneuver..). of course she wasn't looking what was behind her and backed right into my car's front passenger side.
It wasn't really visible at the ambient light but there is a "pinched fold" like crease on the bumper. THE CAR IS LESS THAN 1K MILES! GODDAMMIT.

Paint looked fine though slightly foggy where the contact is, I guess there was a noticeable denting action but it popped right back out due the location of the bumper.

Got her info but doubt I'll file for an insurance claim for something this minor... Quebec is a no-fault insurance province thus it could still impact the premium in the long run...
Any suggestions? not worth it to file a claim right? what can I do to fix a plastic bumper's crease? I can probably get the paint buffed out for cheap and it will look like new, but i'm concerned about the 2 inches long "pinched like" crease.

I did not expect the car to go scratchless and dentless for years but within 2 months of ownership? smh....
Sponsored