Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

Matt-10611

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've got the magnaflow exhaust system, at first I liked it. But over time it developed a lot of drone.
I thought about buying another system, but didn't want to lose money selling it and spend more buying another. So. I decided to change up a few things.
Starting with the center muffler, i moved to the next size bigger.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 20191001_162749

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 20191001_162439

Installed the prl mid pipe.
At the front connection on the magnaflow exhaust it necks down to 2" like the factory exhaust. So I changed that.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 20191004_144312

Currently running the system with the center tip capped off. Working on an inexpensive way to manipulate it. Closed off it's got zero drone. Open it's similar to the normal system but quieter overall.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I have the Remus valved exhaust with their front pipe and stock down pipe.

Things I Love:

- The ability to close the valve and have the car be basically as quiet as the stock exhaust.

- The throaty growl from 0 - 4K RPM when the valve is all the way open. It has a great "Rrrrrr" rolling R growly sound. Also sounds nice and deep

- The Bluetooth valve controller button. I love that I can set how loud I want it at the click of a button.

- The premium OEM+ feel. Remus and Akropovic both make exhausts for certain OEM's as optional factory upgrades, and it shows.

Things That I Wish Were a Little Different:

- The exhaust note above 4K RPM. It definitely has a slightly higher pitched, "European sound" to it. I would love it, if only it kept the rolling R sound at higher RPM's with the valve open. I've found that it loses that amazing growl and gains rasp as the RPM's approach redline. I've gotten more used to it as time goes on though.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
I got the j's racing exhaust and yes it is a bit louder and has some drone in the lower rpm areas but the sound it produces is quite awesome. I get some burbling on some shifts too. If you are looking for a more quieter exhaust that is a little louder over stock this exhaust for sure isn't for you. And by no means am I saying this is just a drone monster it's just louder and has some good bass to it. Also I still feel drone is so subjective especially person to person. I had an Amuse R1000 on my s2k and I was able to tolerate that lol

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Cant remember if i posted already LOL but like a month ago i pulled the trigger on the thermal R&D exhaust. In my opinion its the best bang for your buck right now. The sound is beautiful under throttle and when cruising around town its just a tad bit louder than stock. Slight drone at 2,4K but its nothing annoying. Gonna get a video up soon on it so you guys can hear it.

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
Just installed the Invidia R400 yesterday and to say I'm impressed with the sound now is an understatement. Tone is much deeper than I expected from a 4 cylinder and no drone noticed yet. Upshifts and downshifts are now accompanied with pops and gurgles that I love. Happy..

willharp360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR CTR
Country flag
Just installed the Boost Logic valved exhaust system and I love it. Sounds just a tad louder than stock during cold starts but absolutely no drone. I just installed it the other day but will provide more feedback after this week.
How has your experience with the exhaust been so far?

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Just ordered the Greddy SP (2 tip) AND the optional forward pipe to make it a true 3in all the way through. I am running with the Ultimate Racing catLESS D/P and F/P so I am sure it will be loudish.

So many systems are not 3in all the way and that bothers me.
Anyway for $825 total shipped, I think I have the exhaust VALUE leader. :headbang:

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Just ordered the Greddy SP (2 tip) AND the optional forward pipe to make it a true 3in all the way through. I am running with the Ultimate Racing catLESS D/P and F/P so I am sure it will be loudish.

So many systems are not 3in all the way and that bothers me.
Anyway for $825 total shipped, I think I have the exhaust VALUE leader. :headbang:
Drone city my friend!

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Drone city my friend!
Well, we are going to see.
NOTHING can even come close to when I was running the catLESS D/P by itself into a turn down!! I wish everyone could have experienced that violent NVH for comparison sake!

Did you have this setup?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just installed the Invidia R400 yesterday and to say I'm impressed with the sound now is an understatement. Tone is much deeper than I expected from a 4 cylinder and no drone noticed yet. Upshifts and downshifts are now accompanied with pops and gurgles that I love. Happy..
Based on your signature seems like you own a SI, this thread is Type R specific as both cars sounds differently.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
The R400 is pretty awesome. Still loving mine 9 months after installing it. My wife and I went down to The Dragon area a few weeks ago. She drove the CTR and I drove my truck, trailering our bikes. This was the first time I have been able to hear the R400 from outside the car in the wild. Really, really good, and yes, the pops between gear changes is exactly what I like to hear.
Sponsored