Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed the Thermal R&D this past Saturday and I love it. No vibrations, and quiet a bit louder than stock. It definitely sounds more aggressive. It has a slight drone at certain speeds, but not bad. Install was a breeze and the fitment was dead on. Also, I love the crackle between gears. I couldn't be happier. The only complaint, (if you could call it that) is getting the tip adjusted right. I'm OCD, and getting it perfect was a bit aggravating. Not bad though
I felt the same (OCD on tips) for my milltek...I got lucky and somehow managed to put those tips on to where I don't feel their not even.
Sponsored

adrianI91

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Installed my Greddy exhaust yesterday on my FK8, and I truly do enjoy the tone, and think it will sound tremendously better with my downpipe. I am running it with a PRL front pipe.

I did run across an issues.....

After install I was getting a rattle. Come to find out it’s from the heat shield that’s in between the front pipe and the electric steering motor. I had been running the front pipe for 3 months before the exhaust and just after the exhaust install, I get the rattle from the front pipe and the shield. We couldn’t figure out a solution to get it to stop without removing the shield or the front pipe. After a little thinking, I got a metal zip tie and use it to pull the exhaust up a little higher with the middle hanger hook. No more rattle, but do have a little more vibration.

Just posting so that if anyone else has this issue, they have one solution to use.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Installed my Greddy exhaust yesterday on my FK8, and I truly do enjoy the tone, and think it will sound tremendously better with my downpipe. I am running it with a PRL front pipe.

I did run across an issues.....

After install I was getting a rattle. Come to find out it’s from the heat shield that’s in between the front pipe and the electric steering motor. I had been running the front pipe for 3 months before the exhaust and just after the exhaust install, I get the rattle from the front pipe and the shield. We couldn’t figure out a solution to get it to stop without removing the shield or the front pipe. After a little thinking, I got a metal zip tie and use it to pull the exhaust up a little higher with the middle hanger hook. No more rattle, but do have a little more vibration.

Just posting so that if anyone else has this issue, they have one solution to use.
Hey Adrian Im awaiting on the PRL front pipe would you mind giving me a feedback.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Have anyone had this issue of the heatshield rattling with the milltek catback?

adrianI91

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Oh ok, I mailed PRL to cancel the order.
I haven’t heard it from anyone else, could be something I did. They’re a reputable brand and the customer service thus far has been awesome.

I don’t want you to think that it’s gonnahaooen just cause it happened to me, but you do what you feel is right at the end of the day. I am definitely keeping it, just going to find a solution.
Sponsored