Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Does not many people go for Rampage exhaust?

It seems like the lightest titanium, best looking, and claimed 11 hp gain at least.
Sponsored

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
I would like to add to this, for those of you with an aftermarket exhaust and excessive drone, can you please share with us the 1 or 2 RPM windows where it is worse? As in what ranges of your driving habit is it the most unbearable and you would eliminate it if you could.
With catless downpipe the worst drone areas are always 2500 and 3500 rpm.

hotFK8hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CW
Country flag
Spoon Sports

Noticeable upgrade from stock
Beautiful welds and appearance

Zero drone

Kinda wished it was slightly louder especially at the track but I suspect it will get there after intake and down pipe upgrades

Really happy with it

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. A55BD3F6-CFD2-4657-96C5-A1AEC1EE819B

chingonR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #1592, 2015 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I think I narrowed it down to one of the 2 hks exhausts, not too many people here with the hi power spec L, why is that? Both are the same price and have similar sound.
Is it the smaller diameter? Does the thinner metal cause longevity issues? It’s only capable of handling 400+ horsepower vs the 530+ horsepower of the legamax? Just the look of it?
I don’t personally love the look from the back of the car of either exhaust but I prefer the spec L by a hair and the 7kg weight savings of the spec L is a plus.
Please share why you picked the legamax over the spec L if you own one or why you would if you don’t
Thanks

Rdaily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hellcat challenger, 2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would like to add to this, for those of you with an aftermarket exhaust and excessive drone, can you please share with us the 1 or 2 RPM windows where it is worse? As in what ranges of your driving habit is it the most unbearable and you would eliminate it if you could.
I went back to stock because of the 2500-3000 rpm drone. Still waiting for your exhaust setup. Maybe your side branch resonators will get the job done!!! I’ve sat in V8’s with those type of resonators and it’s amazing how they’re quiet inside but it’s a different story when you hear it outside of the car.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
anyone getting the new remark titanium exhaust? Sounds pretty good from their clip they have on their site. Curious to see how loud this is going to be irl.

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
I think I narrowed it down to one of the 2 hks exhausts, not too many people here with the hi power spec L, why is that? Both are the same price and have similar sound.
Is it the smaller diameter? Does the thinner metal cause longevity issues? It’s only capable of handling 400+ horsepower vs the 530+ horsepower of the legamax? Just the look of it?
I don’t personally love the look from the back of the car of either exhaust but I prefer the spec L by a hair and the 7kg weight savings of the spec L is a plus.
Please share why you picked the legamax over the spec L if you own one or why you would if you don’t
Thanks
I settled on the Spec L for a few reasons. I felt like with the smaller diameter tubing (still bigger than OEM), it would be quieter than the 3" units, yet offer a sportier sound and look. For me, it accomplishes both very nicely. Regarding other exhausts offering "more flow" or "less restriction," it's widely known now that even the OEM exhaust isn't a restriction... even to those of us making the max full bolt ons and a tune can offer. The Spec L looks and sounds great, is lighter in weight than most, is reasonably priced, and wont be a restriction for most. It doesn't drone either.

Hope this helps.

Le Creme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback (6mt) 2014 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
I have a magnaflow that I picked up used locally for like 1/3 of the original price. I love it, the sound is improved, while not too loud or throaty/raspy. I have a rmm I picked up off of the classified too, so I can do another sound clip then, to see if it’s improved. It probably will be warmer conditions. This clip is from this morning at a cold start (I drove to the gym, about 3 hours before and returned home probably 2 hours before this clip) .. but car thermostat read 51, yahoo app said 42 and rainy.

I lost some low end, but nothing too crazy, I adjusted to it and it also feels like sometimes I can’t tell. I’ve probably had this for 3 weeks. Maybe a month. I can do a warm start up when I return home from work one night.

This clip is from my Arlo Pro, which surprisingly has a pretty good quality. The video adds some end of tone distortion, that I would say you don’t actually hear in person..

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 65F53636-3AAA-4BD3-98C7-494F1FC5FF6F

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 5DA7EBEA-641A-4600-A044-4B6210666B39

Link isn’t working — add an “H”

ttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1nJAE2vT4LxqS4UggJdYhL-P8HTV0281X/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spoon Sports

Noticeable upgrade from stock
Beautiful welds and appearance

Zero drone

Kinda wished it was slightly louder especially at the track but I suspect it will get there after intake and down pipe upgrades

Really happy with it

A55BD3F6-CFD2-4657-96C5-A1AEC1EE819B.jpeg
that angle makes it look pretty good.

I just didn't like the tips...didn't seem to flow well for the FK8 using the old school spoon tips

hotFK8hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CW
Country flag
I kinda agree

Fk8 looks are so aggressive and the spoon tips are very mellow

Spoon in the past seems to be very mild with most of their upgrades, it’s their philosophy

Hungryhippo96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, E92 M3, 991.2 GT3 (incoming)
Country flag
I have a Milltek Race Exhaust (no resonators) with stock downpipe, Carbon tips. I really like the sound on stock downpipe. It’s deep, and has burbles when shifting occasionally. When I go catless downpipe I’ll put a front resonantor on.

hitch

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
With catless downpipe the worst drone areas are always 2500 and 3500 rpm.
My goodness I just had a catless DP and Front Pipe added to my HKS Legamax, it's actualy insane the amount of noise it now makes. I'll be looking to get a mid muffler to tone it down as it has now introduced drone on accell from 1500-3500.

In the upper rev ranges from 3500 - 7000 it sounds glorious, but like a full race car!

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
My goodness I just had a catless DP and Front Pipe added to my HKS Legamax, it's actualy insane the amount of noise it now makes. I'll be looking to get a mid muffler to tone it down as it has now introduced drone on accell from 1500-3500.

In the upper rev ranges from 3500 - 7000 it sounds glorious, but like a full race car!
Yeah the HKS with catless does have that but it’s very tolerable for me personally. Imo once you go catless there will always be drone with any exhaust setup. Just depends what you (and the wife/girlfriend haha) can tolerate.
I’ve had Invidia/Remus/Thermal/Milltek(Road+ and Race)/ and now HKS all with catless dp. HKS imo is the best for a deeper sounding tone with minimal drone. Cruising for me is pretty nice. Remus was also the other ones with the least to almost no drone, but was super raspy with catless. Invidia = drone city, but beautiful deep sound. Milltek Road+ was pretty nice but had decent drone not too crazy. Milltek Race was loud and raspy similar to Remus rasp and had decent drone as well. Thermal is actually one I liked but droned oddly only at 2500 and 3500 rpm, so for daily cruising hated to always have to play around those rpms.
I’m using OEM fp right now with HKS / catless so I’m hoping the fp will give it a bit more growl and more pronounced gurgles/pops at the lower gears
Sponsored