Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Another HKS Legamax installed. Initial impression:

- It has the signature HKS sound
- Deeper and loud enough to be noticeable, but not obnoxiously loud
- No drone and even less boomy than stock exhaust at times. Btw, I have very low tolerance to drone.
- Feels more refined and smooth all the way to redlines
- Fitment is on point, and quality is as expected from HKS

My only gripe is that the dual tip doesn't fill up the cutout.
Sponsored

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag
Some data on the HKS Legamax... I have a 2018 CTR with an Ultimate Racing catless downpipe and front pipe combo that is 3" diameter. With the OEM exhaust (2.36" diameter or 60mm). I took some in-car decibel readings...from approximately 2500rpm to 4500rpm (and depending on throttle input and load) I got anywhere from 92.5db - 93.6db... and in my opinion is a very acceptable level to tolerate. As drone is a very subjective thing with this setup there is almost no drone at all.

Using the same front setup and changing only to the HKS Legamax the in-car readings went to anywhere from 96.0db - 97.8db...and for my personal taste this is too loud.

I have had the 3" UR downpipe/front pipe combo on since shortly after I got the car in late March of 2018 so I didn't run the car stock for very long. I also have a Hasport lower engine mount which did increase both vibration and drone a small amount but I never got any before and after measurements.

I have done some testing on my other cars some years ago and it seems that once you get above 94db-95db in-car it starts to become intolerable...again in my opinion.

I may decide to build another B-pipe to replace the supplied HKS one and install 2 3" Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonators to see if I can get the overall volume down 3-5db or so.

Brian

Last edited:

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Some data on the HKS Legamax... I have a 2018 CTR with an Ultimate Racing downpipe and front pipe combo that is 3" diameter. With the OEM exhaust (2.36" diameter or 60mm). I took some in-car decibel readings...from approximately 2500rpm to 4500rpm (and depending on throttle input and load) I got anywhere from 92.5db - 93.6db... and in my opinion is a very acceptable level to tolerate. As drone is a very subjective thing with this setup there is almost no drone at all.

Using the same front setup and changing only to the HKS Legamax the in-car readings went to anywhere from 96.0db - 97.8db...and for my personal taste this is too loud.

I have had the 3" UR downpipe/front pipe combo on since shortly after I got the car in late March of 2018 so I didn't run the car stock for very long. I also have a Hasport lower engine mount which did increase both vibration and drone a small amount but I never got any before and after measurements.

I have done some testing on my other cars some years ago and it seems that once you get above 94db-95db in-car it starts to become intolerable...again in my opinion.

I may decide to build another B-pipe to replace the supplied HKS one and install 2 3" Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonators to see if I can get the overall volume down 3-5db or so.

Brian
Thank you for this
This was my exact concern with pairing any aftermarket exhaust to a catless dp&fp setup
I was also considering adding the exact resonators to an exhaust. Waiting on the invidia q300, 27won (maybe), and T1R exhaust

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for this
This was my exact concern with pairing any aftermarket exhaust to a catless dp&fp setup
I was also considering adding the exact resonators to an exhaust. Waiting on the invidia q300, 27won (maybe), and T1R exhaust
Sure...no problem!

I kinda figured that this might be too loud for me but I wanted to try it anyway because I really like the 2 tip design. I also thought that even if it was a bit too much I could easily re-make the B-pipe accordingly. I'm just trying to decide on trying that or not...I'm not sure that i can pull 4dB out with 2 Ultra Quiet resonators...the only other option for me right now looks like the Milltek but I didn't really want a triple tip...even though I could change that too. Scorpion makes a dual muffler 3 tip 2 resonator exhaust and I could fairly easily change that into the 2 tip but at $1955 shipped I'm cringing at that! I found the Milltek for $1750 shipped. ...decisions decisions!

A handful of years ago I tried something similar on my S2000 and went from a Vibrant bottle style resonator to the ultra quiet and it was better but only went down by 2db...I don't think 2 resonators equals 4db...that's my struggle.

Some pictures...I polished off the blue from the tips...

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2..._c3d0db8bad97456ad63961eaeb064796e5a4becd.jpg

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2..._baf1a9dcca9aa8024f86a6f4dcc3b68751d2130f.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2..._d1abbb0ca38821f1e7525d3d1f052808c2790250.jpg

Last edited:

BoostSeason

First Name
Baron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #20604
Country flag
Afe exhaust review.
Amazing tone to this exhaust (my personal favorite) with more low end pick up than OEM. Biggest thing i would advise is buying the resonator delete from afe upon purchase. Without the resonator delete the exhaust has a pretty serious drone, too much for me despite being 24. Resonator delete gets rid of almost all drone and makes the car 30% louder than just the catback at WOT.

CTtypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sure...no problem!

I kinda figured that this might be too loud for me but I wanted to try it anyway because I really like the 2 tip design. I also thought that even if it was a bit too much I could easily re-make the B-pipe accordingly. I'm just trying to decide on trying that or not...I'm not sure that i can pull 4dB out with 2 Ultra Quiet resonators...the only other option for me right now looks like the Milltek but I didn't really want a triple tip...even though I could change that too. Scorpion makes a dual muffler 3 tip 2 resonator exhaust and I could fairly easily change that into the 2 tip but at $1955 shipped I'm cringing at that! I found the Milltek for $1750 shipped. ...decisions decisions!

A handful of years ago I tried something similar on my S2000 and went from a Vibrant bottle style resonator to the ultra quiet and it was better but only went down by 2db...I don't think 2 resonators equals 4db...that's my struggle.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2..._c3d0db8bad97456ad63961eaeb064796e5a4becd.jpg

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2..._baf1a9dcca9aa8024f86a6f4dcc3b68751d2130f.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2..._d1abbb0ca38821f1e7525d3d1f052808c2790250.jpg
Where did you find the milltek for $1750? If I do a catback it will likely be that one.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Sure...no problem!

You don’t have to go this far. Just cap the center outlet and join the two outer or weld two curved pieces that you can fit new tips to. There is plenty of space.

The center outlet I believe has a more direct path and under load exhaust wants to exit there. The other outside ends are just open ended so they will naturally be more quiet. I’ll verify in a few.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Milltek full resornated has a great Sound but unfortunately the muffler isnt good for the flow i think..

What do you think.
Front pipe 3"
First silencer 2,5"
Second silencer 2,5"
And the rear muffler have two pipes in 2".

IMG_20181230_223805.png

IMG-20181222-WA0108.jpg
Here we go. Just cap the center. And curve the tips toward the center. You’d probably have to find new tips. Or throw an equalizing path and weld tips to it at the correct spot like a 911 tip.

Or I guess cap the ends instead and out a single to dual tip.

https://vibrantperformance.com/cata...=3709&osCsid=b1a8bd139f6ce576d2ec497ceb6e4ff3

Last edited:

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i like it so much better with it polished off. I had the Greddy SE on my s2000 before and i polished out the blue ends too.

I kinda wish they offered a non burnt tip on my Sequence Manufacturing exhaust. I'd polish them off too but i don't want to really mess with Ti so it's still on there.

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i like it so much better with it polished off. I had the Greddy SE on my s2000 before and i polished out the blue ends too.

I kinda wish they offered a non burnt tip on my Sequence Manufacturing exhaust. I'd polish them off too but i don't want to really mess with Ti so it's still on there.
Yeah...that was a nice exhaust! I came close to buying it back then...I ended up with the Fujitsubo Legalis R...which is still on the car today!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yeah...that was a nice exhaust! I came close to buying it back then...I ended up with the Fujitsubo Legalis R...which is still on the car today!
nice lol. In the 8 years of ownership, I started with the fuji legalis which i replaced with the greddy single se, which then became the EVS 70mm single to the tanabe medallion before it was sold last year. I still do sometimes miss it to this day.

On topic,
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. kwXKCV9

Sequence Manufacturing Ti Exhaust paired with the stock fp and dp.

Drone? Absolutely none. Zero. Probably even quieter than stock.
Even when the valves open, it's really not that loud from the outside.

Zero regrets purchasing this. It is everything I wanted from an exhaust.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
That's awesome! ...but sad that you don't have it anymore! :(

Great plate! That's your 370? Nice! With the Sequence do you have an aftermarket catless dp?
yeah, the nismo replaced the S2K actually. The S2k was getting to the point where it just made it hard for me to just get in and enjoy it cause the soft top was gone, hardtop creaking everywhere, the bride seat I had was becoming a pain to get in n out of, etc etc haha. The front fenders were flared out and stuff and when i put some of it back to stock, it was just not as enjoyable as how it was when it was modded.
Guess I wanted more of a grand touring car now instead of like a race car lol. It also didn't help that I only have a single car garage and when i bought the ctr, it took over the garage space so the s2k sat outside ...

I had to keep the plate though lol. That plate was on my S2K (i thought it matched the AP1 perfectly lol) and when I sold it, I wanted to keep a piece of the S2K so i transferred over the custom plates lol.

The Sequence Exhaust is paired with the stock downpipe. As much as I believe in removing the cat for efficiency and power reasons, I don't like the raspiness that comes from the exhaust being catless. That, and i'm in cali so rather not deal with the possible mess lol. I might get a front pipe at a later date but i'm pretty set on not going catless.
Sponsored