Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

TypeWavey

Free The Wave
First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2016 Aprilia RSV4
Country flag
I'm running non resonated...and no, it doesn't drone to me...and didn't seem to drone to Jimmy either (the other CTR owner). I drove around in normal traffic and then got up to speed for him...he commented that if he had the other exhausts on he would have heard drone at usually 2500 rpms....which we can be in that range a lot during after work hours around here.

Made me glad I kept my milltek lol. I kept thinking of trying something else out just for the heck of it...but yeah, glad I kept my milltek.
If and when I get my CTR we might need to meet up so I can hear it in person lol. Im liking this the most, but will probably go with just the center resonator. I really like the Magnaflow, but it might be TOO quiet and it seems to rob a bit of power. I know exhausts alone don't make much difference, but who wants to lose hp from stock?
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If and when I get my CTR we might need to meet up so I can hear it in person lol. Im liking this the most, but will probably go with just the center resonator. I really like the Magnaflow, but it might be TOO quiet and it seems to rob a bit of power. I know exhausts alone don't make much difference, but who wants to lose hp from stock?
yeah man, definitely, just let me know. I'm usually busy as hell, but managed to meet up with Jimmy.

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I saw some posts on people saying they lost low end power with the Greddy Tri-tip, is it the same for the dual tip? Been thinking about getting the dual tip, but after reading all these posts might go with HKS. Thanks.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw some posts on people saying they lost low end power with the Greddy Tri-tip, is it the same for the dual tip? Been thinking about getting the dual tip, but after reading all these posts might go with HKS. Thanks.
do they have a before and after dyno to prove that?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question, is the video for the HKS Legamax they have showcasing the exhaust note just the exhaust installed, or does it have other parts that could influence the sound? Anyone have good impressions of it? The reason I like it is because it sounds great and doesn’t look like it drones at all which is good since I would be hearing it daily.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question, is the video for the HKS Legamax they have showcasing the exhaust note just the exhaust installed, or does it have other parts that could influence the sound? Anyone have good impressions of it? The reason I like it is because it sounds great and doesn’t look like it drones at all which is good since I would be hearing it daily.
no idea, but I know the members that have it mentioned they love it and get zero drone

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Not that i know of, just saw the same thing posted about the tri-tip from at least 2 different owners.
I was probably one of those previous owners. I didn't dyno to definitely prove that I actually lost power down low, it was more of a butt dyno.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no idea, but I know the members that have it mentioned they love it and get zero drone
Yeah, that’s what the consensus I drew up was. I love the deep tone but it’s only 4 dB higher than the stock exhaust which is exactly what I want. Don’t need to be shattering ear drums and don’t want it to be stuck hearing it when cruising on the highway.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, that’s what the consensus I drew up was. I love the deep tone but it’s only 4 dB higher than the stock exhaust which is exactly what I want. Don’t need to be shattering ear drums and don’t want it to be stuck hearing it when cruising on the highway.
yeah, in fact, I never see anyone selling it...at least I don't recall seeing it in the member classifieds.

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
anyone know how much the greddy sp (dual tip) weighs?

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
Js Racing Exhaust Stainless Steel version.

I’m going to start off with the GOOD.

SOUND SOUND SOUND.
If any other exhaust came close to its deep tone, I would have purchased it. I believe there is another exhaust on the market that comes close to tone, but its apples to oranges on what exhaust tone people prefer on their “R.” This exhaust made for track use. The drone for daily driving is NOTICEABLE. I daily drive mines but I just love the sound. Very loud in two words, all my neighbors know when I come and go, so you have been forewarned about the exhaust being obnoxiously loud.

Downturn tips/Dolphin tips
Another +1 about the exhaust. I know most of you that use your trunk and after a long drive the stock exhaust with 3 tips always will heat up your shins while gaining access to your trunk. The downturn tips alleviate the exhaust heat dramatically.

Now for the ugly truth...
BAD
Piping
The exhaust is cheaply made, piping looks like it came from a Chinese knockoff. Pictures in this post show the piping is not completely round as well. Js Racing started with cheap piping from the star.

Welds
A bit disappointing, the titanium welding was not back purged causing a lot of discoloration and the welds are not “perfect.” Welding is an art and on the titanium tips, you could see the welder stopped and restarted welding which aesthetically is ugly. I know titanium is not an easy metal to work with but for this price those welds better be immaculate. On the stainless side piping, I noticed a lot of discoloration showing the same issue of starting and stopping.

Final thoughts
For the cost of this exhaust, $1900 I am greatly disappointed in the quality. I contacted Js Racing US Sales manager and he informed me that the exhaust is supposed to be that way. He even told me he spoke with the owner of Js Racing to reconfirm his statement.

Another member has posted a review on his FULL TITANIUM Js Racing exhaust and I will be the first to say only the mufflers/rear section is titanium. Look at my pictures and compare his mid pipes to my mid pipes. Looks like stainless steel to me as titanium has a dull metal color without a shine. For $5000.00 on a full titanium setup that’s a damn rip off to only get the rear section in titanium.

I love the sound and the downturn tips. Once I find a suitable replacement exhaust I will change exhausts. I can’t say I am too pleased with spending so much and getting such a cheaply made exhaust.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Js Racing Exhaust Stainless Steel version.

I’m going to start off with the GOOD.

SOUND SOUND SOUND.
If any other exhaust came close to its deep tone, I would have purchased it. I believe there is another exhaust on the market that comes close to tone, but its apples to oranges on what exhaust tone people prefer on their “R.” This exhaust made for track use. The drone for daily driving is NOTICEABLE. I daily drive mines but I just love the sound. Very loud in two words, all my neighbors know when I come and go, so you have been forewarned about the exhaust being obnoxiously loud.

Downturn tips/Dolphin tips
Another +1 about the exhaust. I know most of you that use your trunk and after a long drive the stock exhaust with 3 tips always will heat up your shins while gaining access to your trunk. The downturn tips alleviate the exhaust heat dramatically.

Now for the ugly truth...
BAD
Piping
The exhaust is cheaply made, piping looks like it came from a Chinese knockoff. Pictures in this post show the piping is not completely round as well. Js Racing started with cheap piping from the star.

Welds
A bit disappointing, the titanium welding was not back purged causing a lot of discoloration and the welds are not “perfect.” Welding is an art and on the titanium tips, you could see the welder stopped and restarted welding which aesthetically is ugly. I know titanium is not an easy metal to work with but for this price those welds better be immaculate. On the stainless side piping, I noticed a lot of discoloration showing the same issue of starting and stopping.

Final thoughts
For the cost of this exhaust, $1900 I am greatly disappointed in the quality. I contacted Js Racing US Sales manager and he informed me that the exhaust is supposed to be that way. He even told me he spoke with the owner of Js Racing to reconfirm his statement.

Another member has posted a review on his FULL TITANIUM Js Racing exhaust and I will be the first to say only the mufflers/rear section is titanium. Look at my pictures and compare his mid pipes to my mid pipes. Looks like stainless steel to me as titanium has a dull metal color without a shine. For $5000.00 on a full titanium setup that’s a damn rip off to only get the rear section in titanium.

I love the sound and the downturn tips. Once I find a suitable replacement exhaust I will change exhausts. I can’t say I am too pleased with spending so much and getting such a cheaply made exhaust.
that sucks, yeah, I think you're the one I saw on facebook post about it.

As for the tips being great to not burn you, lol...never had that issue with the stock tips :D And I definitely don't have the issue with the milltek...milltek's sits in further.

If you end up getting another exhaust, maybe check out HKS's new exhaust they're coming out with...check them out on instagram. Right now they are in the works on the same tip design, dolphin tip...unfortunately it's just one tip...I think if everyone tells them, they'll make it at least 2 tip like J's...and it'll probably be better imo.

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
that sucks, yeah, I think you're the one I saw on facebook post about it.

As for the tips being great to not burn you, lol...never had that issue with the stock tips :D And I definitely don't have the issue with the milltek...milltek's sits in further.

If you end up getting another exhaust, maybe check out HKS's new exhaust they're coming out with...check them out on instagram. Right now they are in the works on the same tip design, dolphin tip...unfortunately it's just one tip...I think if everyone tells them, they'll make it at least 2 tip like J's...and it'll probably be better imo.
I seen the post but sound will be the major point for me. As for the exhaust ehh I'll hold on to it for now as I am the only one in Arizona with it.
Sponsored