Brah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my month from hell:

In the beginning of August i had received my H11 6000K HID’s from Diode Dynamics after waiting a month for them to ship. Finally get them installed and they’re throwing a black shadow line on each side. I go back to the place i had them installed and showed me their is no interference with the lights and that everything was installed correctly. I then email Diode about the issue and they said that this is sometimes an issue in newer Honda’s (mine is a 2017 Civic Sport) and that i would need the H11B size bulb since i received the H11A, which btw there was no option of selecting the H11A or H11B on their website.

So after going back and forth between emails for about a week because they apparently never got my emails in response to theirs, i finally received my H11B’s. Took them back to the place i had them first installed and the guy installs the new ones for free. I take a look and their still casting the damn shadows on each side. At this point you can imagine my frustration.

I’m looking for help in figuring out what the issue is. I want to take it to a second shop and get another opinion, but since i work 40+ a week it’s difficult to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Honda Civic 10th gen PLEASE HELP - Diode Dynamics HID 776FF920-C279-424C-9B8D-875EFAB795A7

Honda Civic 10th gen PLEASE HELP - Diode Dynamics HID 45DBFBF6-ADE2-485D-A7BA-B9201C431753

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I don't know jack about the technical stuff re: HID and reflectors.

But I'd just live with it. It doesn't seem (to me) to be that big of a deal.

However... if you spent a ton of money on stuff advertised to be perfect and 100% compatible; I get it.

I'm curious to hear what a shop says about the issue.

Good luck.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
What?!!??? You paid people to install HID?? It's plug and play. I have a feeling they might sent you a h11a for the exchange. My morimoto H11B doesn't have the shadow at all.

May I ask how much you paid for the hid install?

OP
OP
Brah

Brah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What?!!??? You paid people to install HID?? It's plug and play. I have a feeling they might sent you a h11a for the exchange. My morimoto H11B doesn't have the shadow at all.

May I ask how much you paid for the hid install?
$50 and it included other installs as well. I’m about to order some Morimoto H11b’s cuz the shadows are driving me up a wall lol

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered h11b from TRS and there is a shadow visible to me when looking at the lights that is entirely at the top of the projector. The box says h11b.
Sponsored