Please explain this AC behvior?

lalajuju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX CVT
I have 2016 Civic LX, that has single auto climate control system. Lately, I am confused with the AC behavior for the following scenario:

Outside temp is 16C (63F), inside of the car feels bit muggy and little bit warm, so just for mild cool air I put climate control on
mode: MANUAL
temp: 23C (73F)
AC: ON
fan circulation: ventilation ON or OFF

Result:
middle driver side vent: blows not so cold air
middle passenger side vent: blows hot air
driver side left vent: blows not so cold air - borderline warm.

So
1. why does middle passenger side vent blow hot air when mode is manual ?
2. why no cold air from other vents, I understand outside temp. is low, but when AC is ON shouldn't I get cold air

Thanks,
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
so outside is 63F and you have the temp set at 73? that sounds about right with it blowing warm air

reversals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
The scenario you're describing sounds like you're trying to heat up the car. Not sure what to suggest to you other than turning down the temperature.

OP
OP

lalajuju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX CVT
But my AC is ON, and why one middle vent blows cold air and the other blows hot air. Even in manual mode is it trying to do "climate control"

NPCwars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
But my AC is ON, and why one middle vent blows cold air and the other blows hot air. Even in manual mode is it trying to do "climate control"
Has your dealer been able to find the source of your problem?

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't had this issue. However, I do notice when driving with the Econ mode on the a/c doesn't work as well. It doesn't to seem to blow as much air. My father in law has same issue with is 2015 Accord..A/C doesn't work as well in Econ mode.

losjackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Try changing the temperature on both sides to "Lo". Think of it as "this is the temperature of the target climate I want it to be in automatic mode" and "this is the temperature of the air coming out in manual mode".

OP
OP

lalajuju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX CVT
Try changing the temperature on both sides to "Lo". Think of it as "this is the temperature of the target climate I want it to be in automatic mode" and "this is the temperature of the air coming out in manual mode".
I have LX, single (driver side) climate control only, so don't have option to change temperature to both sides.

sumii0626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L White
I haven't had this issue. However, I do notice when driving with the Econ mode on the a/c doesn't work as well. It doesn't to seem to blow as much air. My father in law has same issue with is 2015 Accord..A/C doesn't work as well in Econ mode.
I was just wondering/searching if the AC for Honda sucked since mine felt weak. Have to see if its just in econ mode like you said. Would make sense if it was weaker for econ mode I guess.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I was just wondering/searching if the AC for Honda sucked since mine felt weak. Have to see if its just in econ mode like you said. Would make sense if it was weaker for econ mode I guess.
Yeah mine works.great when not on econ mode..however, I do find that the bi level setting blows more at your feet than at the top..one seems work best is the setting for top only.I.drive in D most.of the time..and S mode sometimes..econ mode I would probably just use for like a road trip.
Sponsored