First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just curious, I've got three different drives and i have no idea how they are formatted , I just click the button on my computer and then drag the files onto it, but I have my system set to randomly play all the files , I wonder if it isn't set to that,if it just reverts back to the first song automatically.
Sponsored

EXT2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 EXT
Country flag
I don't think it's the speed of the drive and I don't think formating an older drive to FAT32 will help ( it may, with me it didn't). I had the same problem as well, the first song will start playing when I turn my car on. 3 weeks ago, I went to bestbuy, purchased a ScanDisk Cruzer 32g USB 2.0 (it came already formated with FAT32 and I haven't had a single problem. Not sure what it is on the older flash drives, but for $10.00 at bestbuy now, you can purchase what I purchased and give it a try.

ViKeToR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th Hatchback
Country flag
Do someone has the solution of that?
Randomly. My unit begin to the firts song too.

OP
OP

gkpar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2016
Do someone has the solution of that?
Randomly. My unit begin to the firts song too.
Get a usb3.0 drive of any reputed brand like Sandisk and it should work. I observed that usb2.0 drives were hit or miss but usb3.0 works pretty good.

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
SanDisk Cruzer Glide 32 GB -- no problems. ($10.99 Walmart)

/Need to have cup holder turned 'shallow cup forward' to clear the USB stick.

ViKeToR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th Hatchback
Country flag
Get a usb3.0 drive of any reputed brand like Sandisk and it should work. I observed that usb2.0 drives were hit or miss but usb3.0 works pretty good.
Sandisk cruzer ultra fit 64GB
USB 3.0 and "Speed up to 150 MB/s"
Formatted in FAT32

DataTraveler® Micro 3.1 64GB
USB 3.0 and "speed up to 100MB/s"
Formatted in FAT32

And still having problems twice a week.. So I was asking if anyone knew what the problem was and how to solve it.
With other old generic 32GB drive with usb 2.0 it failed too, buy just once a week.

Could it be for having a lot of music in it? I've tested them with 18GB of music

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Must be something in the settings cuz I’ve got an age-old 8GB drive (no USB3.0 in sight) and it works a treat.

Sidebar- still surprised how the Civic’s headunit switches sources really fast.

ViKeToR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th Hatchback
Country flag
Must be something in the settings cuz I’ve got an age-old 8GB drive (no USB3.0 in sight) and it works a treat.

Sidebar- still surprised how the Civic’s headunit switches sources really fast.
Yes, that's the problem. With 16GB or lessles doesn't fail (USB 3.0 or not..).
Bigger than 32gb I'm having problems :doh:

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My bad, didn’t pay enough attention.

So... Several smaller USB-sticks? :D

daBiker68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - Lunar Silver Metallic 2017 Subaru Forester - Quartz Blue Pearl
Country flag
1) 64gb SanDisk Ultra microSD in reader - did not work at all in car (fine everywhere else)
2) 32gb SanDisk Ultra microSD in same reader - works, but goes back to first song
3) 8gb generic - works, but goes to first song

I just realized that both of the working usb's have a variety of files - mp3's, jpegs, and multiple folders. I wonder if that is what's throwing things off. I'm going to experiment with it tomorrow, but in the meantime, I will ask the question:

Does anyone whose system remembers its stopping point use a USB stick with folders? with different file types?

Same question, but (micro)SD + reader?

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
1) 64gb SanDisk Ultra microSD in reader - did not work at all in car (fine everywhere else)
2) 32gb SanDisk Ultra microSD in same reader - works, but goes back to first song
3) 8gb generic - works, but goes to first song

I just realized that both of the working usb's have a variety of files - mp3's, jpegs, and multiple folders. I wonder if that is what's throwing things off. I'm going to experiment with it tomorrow, but in the meantime, I will ask the question:

Does anyone whose system remembers its stopping point use a USB stick with folders? with different file types?

Same question, but (micro)SD + reader?
I use a 32gb lexar usb drive (jumpdrive s45) with folders and mp3 / jpeg / pngs and it works fine for remembering last played and even where it left of in the song. I did have trouble until I formatted it as fat32 then zero issues.

Also I just realized I live super close to you in the passage I picked mine up at the best buy in the crossing.

daBiker68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I use a 32gb lexar usb drive (jumpdrive s45) with folders and mp3 / jpeg / pngs and it works fine for remembering last played and even where it left of in the song. I did have trouble until I formatted it as fat32 then zero issues.

Also I just realized I live super close to you in the passage I picked mine up at the best buy in the crossing.
Thanks CC - great info to help me narrow things down - and a local answer too!

Though, I think I will admit, I had to read your post twice when I first thought you picked up your Civic at Best Buy ("they must have really expanded their automotive section ")!

daBiker68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No luck yet I'm hesitant about purchasing another USB drive as I've got a number of micro sd cards and thumb drives that I have little use for.. I'll have to try and justify to myself if it's worth another $30.

daBiker68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
SUCCESS!
I think I found the secret too: a 3.0 USB stick!

Thanks to CobraCommand for suggesting the Lexar. The 32gb S70 works as well, and is on sale this week for my Canadian friends at Best Buy for $16.99. But so far so good!

(FYI, the S50 is a 2.0 USB, so I don't expect it will work - shell out the extra $2 for the S70!)

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
SUCCESS!
I think I found the secret too: a 3.0 USB stick!

Thanks to CobraCommand for suggesting the Lexar. The 32gb S70 works as well, and is on sale this week for my Canadian friends at Best Buy for $16.99. But so far so good!

(FYI, the S50 is a 2.0 USB, so I don't expect it will work - shell out the extra $2 for the S70!)
Honda Civic 10th gen Playback from USB flash drive - resets to first song on every car start JpYTwPh
Sponsored