Play audio from laptop in car?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport - Honda Sensing
Country flag
Hello, probably have a simple question here. I have a 2017 civic hatchback sport canadian model.

Would I be able to somehow plug my MacBook into my car and play audio from it? Would I just use a USB a to a cable?

I’m a music producer and want to work on certain elements in the car.. when I plug it in, how would it work? Would my laptop work just like a non CarPlay phone just routing the audio output automatically?
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Blue tooth, or WiFi should do it.
Or,with a usb cable like you said, i don't know if you could access just the music from your laptop from the center console USB port though. In other words, not sure if it would function like a usb drive.
But you should be able to pair it up under blue tooth devices on the settings menu.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
Bluetooth the laptop to the radio then play via the music software on the laptop, USB inputs don't work for laptops like the do phones, there is no Apple CarPlay in your Mac, thats a feature of IOS, not MacOS.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
If your MacBook is equipped with a hard drive, it can be damaged with the shaking of the car. If on the other hand it is a SSD, the shaking does not matter.
So what do you have ?
Sponsored