Plastidip chrome trim today

LODAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Civic LX
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Plastidip chrome trim today B323B7A3-4300-4068-8461-0A2875E92C59
Honda Civic 10th gen Plastidip chrome trim today CEADB679-43F4-4E50-A150-C7D9CA7CB7F9
I’ll have to redo it, some imperfections are showing. Should’ve spent more time prepping. I might just scuff and use flat black paint next time.
Overall pretty good result

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The prep work is a major pain. I spent a considerable amount of time in doing my daughter's car, and still had some peel up when removing the masking tape. Since it was less than perfect, and couldn't satisfy my OCD, I went ahead and peeled it all off. I think I'll try wrapping next time around.

OP
OP
LODAC

LODAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Civic LX
Country flag
BTW, your wheels look great!
Thanks, I’m waiting on my centre caps to come in. I peeled the tape right after the second coat. If you wait until it’s dry, it’ll peal the damn dip off... I’m just about ready to order a new set of sport model trims and be done with it to be honest. lol

delsorbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si sedan '18
Country flag
Thanks, I’m waiting on my centre caps to come in. I peeled the tape right after the second coat. If you wait until it’s dry, it’ll peal the damn dip off... I’m just about ready to order a new set of sport model trims and be done with it to be honest. lol
The 1st layer won't adhere to the tape and peel off with it? I was thinking of doing this instead of wrapping.

OP
OP
LODAC

LODAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Civic LX
Country flag
The 1st layer won't adhere to the tape and peel off with it? I was thinking of doing this instead of wrapping.
You have to pull it when it’s still wet (or just after your last coat) I didn’t wait long between coats, just sprayed like 30 seconds in between coats. Light coats is the key.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is this still holding strong?
It probably should be, especially with it being on the sides of the car. I plastidipped trim on my daughter's Checy Cruze a few years ago, shortly after she got the car, including the Chevy emblem in the middle of the front grille. Three years, and 30,000 miles later when turning it in at the end of the lease, it looked as good as when I had first applied it.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looked at plastidip as an option. Vinyl just looks so much cleaner. Yours turned out pretty damn good though.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
If I have to do it over again and I do I would go vinyl over plastidip. Faster application in my opinion and less prep and also over time I’m starting to get bubbles in the plastidip where water is seeping in probably my fault in application but yeah. Looks good when I first did it though
Sponsored