Planning to change engine & cabin air filter

sunny786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda CRV
What is the fram engine air filter Part number? Anyone can direct me to the DIY guide link.
Sponsored

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
What is the fram engine air filter Part number? Anyone can direct me to the DIY guide link.
There is no Fram part number for the engine air filter since they haven't released one.

Honda part #17220-5AA-A00 for Turbo
#17720-5BA-A00 for 2.0

jjccrv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic ex-t coupe
Country flag
K&N air filter 33-5044 Wix air filter WA10417... For 2016 Civic ex-t coupe.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Diy. Pop hood.. Locate airbox. Directly behind driver side headlamp. And in front of fuse box (wich is in front of battery.. Remove 3 metal clips. Remove bu pulling up amd out to the side.. Remove filter and replace with new one.. Reverse the directions given here to finish..

Cabin filter.. Drop glove box.. Squeeze 2 ends of glove box and lower glove box further. Behind glove box push 2 tabs on each side inwards and pull out.. Replace filter and reverse instructions..

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Diy. Pop hood.. Locate airbox. Directly behind driver side headlamp. And in front of fuse box (wich is in front of battery.. Remove 3 metal clips. Remove bu pulling up amd out to the side.. Remove filter and replace with new one.. Reverse the directions given here to finish..

Cabin filter.. Drop glove box.. Squeeze 2 ends of glove box and lower glove box further. Behind glove box push 2 tabs on each side inwards and pull out.. Replace filter and reverse instructions..
I'd add,

1. for the EAF, you may be tempted to unplug the MAF sensor, do not, if the ignition is in ACC mode it may set off a bunch of fault codes that need to be cleared with an OBD tool.

2. for the CAF, take note of the "Air Flow" direction markers printed on the CAF cover and the replacement filter itself.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I don't know about other models, but my ext has no clips, the air box is held on with 4 screws.

WVUGuy275

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know about other models, but my ext has no clips, the air box is held on with 4 screws.
This is true of my 18 Hatchback EX as well - four screws, no clips. The screws are soft, so be careful not to strip them.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
My LX have clips :)

To start safely a screw if the thread are soft ( plastic or wood ) turn the screw counterclockwise one turn, you'll feel and may hear the screw right in te starting thread.

Do some test in you home, you'll will see what I mean
Sponsored