Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Love my 2020 SI Sedan, don't love the rear end. I spoke with College Hills Honda, and although they can't ship the parts, they confirmed what I intend to do.

Swap the SI bumper for the Sport bumper, as well as the Sport trunk. I like the clean lines of that trim.

Not sure if the Sport has a rear deck tail light. It's part of the spoiler on the SI. I'll have to look into a solution.

I've found an aftermarket bumper cover without the trim for under $80. I also plan to check local junkyards for OEM. Perhaps I'll even find them in Modern Steel Metallic, undamaged.

For the front and sides, I'm adding the OEM ralleye front spoiler and pre-painted side skirts.

Going to be a moderately priced chore, but I think the car will look amazing.
To me all the 10th gen civics rear are ugly
Sponsored

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I have to work with what I have! In this case, the Sport is the belle of the ball, haha!
I have a civic too I'm just saying I think its ugly I also has been looking for an alternative rear end no lick socfar

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I checked out the SI coupe, unfortunately it doesn't match the rear body panels and tail lights. I think the coupe implements the "vents" really well, and I would've chosen it if possible.
This tells me that you had to have a civic Si, but the dealership you went to did not have any 2dr coupes available. So instead of shopping around/working with the dealer/waiting a couple months for an Si coupe to come in, you just took the Sedan that you didn’t like.

This is a sad thought, but I am familiar with the pressure that a dealer salesman can put on a customer to make them think they need this car right here, right now.

You told yourself that you could just do some plastic surgery to the rear end, before actually thinking about the complications of doing so.

i think what you want to do can be achieved, but it looks like there will be some compromises. I think it would have been easier to have a little more patience while you were shopping.

I’m with you man. I also really do not like the rear of the Si Sedan, which is why I had to have the coupe. I had an LX sedan before the Si and the sedan had more room for the driver and adjustable seat belt. I like the side profile of the sedan better. Passengers have more room in the back and it’s much easier to get in with a door. The sedan is more practical in many ways.

I don't like the rear end of the Sedan, but I like that other people do. Makes each model more unique. The styling of this Si is crazy. It gets people feeling something when they see it. The rear bumper of the Sedan may start to grow on you after awhile.

I’d give it some time. The car is brand new and it is a great looking car. The look of the rear end may grow on you. Give it some more thought and let the new car jitters settle before you start choppin.

OP
OP

Deleted member

This tells me that you had to have a civic Si, but the dealership you went to did not have any 2dr coupes available. So instead of shopping around/working with the dealer/waiting a couple months for an Si coupe to come in, you just took the Sedan that you didn’t like.

This is a sad thought, but I am familiar with the pressure that a dealer salesman can put on a customer to make them think they need this car right here, right now.

You told yourself that you could just do some plastic surgery to the rear end, before actually thinking about the complications of doing so.

i think what you want to do can be achieved, but it looks like there will be some compromises. I think it would have been easier to have a little more patience while you were shopping.

I’m with you man. I also really do not like the rear of the Si Sedan, which is why I had to have the coupe. I had an LX sedan before the Si and the sedan had more room for the driver and adjustable seat belt. I like the side profile of the sedan better. Passengers have more room in the back and it’s much easier to get in with a door. The sedan is more practical in many ways.

I don't like the rear end of the Sedan, but I like that other people do. Makes each model more unique. The styling of this Si is crazy. It gets people feeling something when they see it. The rear bumper of the Sedan may start to grow on you after awhile.

I’d give it some time. The car is brand new and it is a great looking car. The look of the rear end may grow on you. Give it some more thought and let the new car jitters settle before you start choppin.
Actually, I only wanted the sedan because my wife and I are working on our first kid, and I needed something future proof. The coupe has a sweet ass, but I never wanted that car. I love my sedan, just needs a Brazilian butt lift.

There was absolutely zero pressure from my salesman.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually, I only wanted the sedan because my wife and I are working on our first kid, and I needed something future proof.

There was absolutely zero pressure from my salesman.
That is good to hear. But the boy racer in you shined through on this decision, whether you’d like to admit it or not.

The Si is not a family/baby hauler. The ride is noticeably stiffer than the other civics. The front seats are less comfortable on longer rides. The NVH is louder. The rear motor mount can Cause some jerkiness in traffic in 1st and 2nd gear.

The Accord sport with a manual trans would have been the ideal choice if you had to stay in that $25,000 price range. The Accord is an outstanding family vehicle, that is way more fun to drive than a Camry.

The ride quality on the other manual civics (sport/sport touring) is way better if you expect a baby to sleep in the carseat behind you. The power difference stock to stock with the regular 1.5T and Si 1.5T isn't that big, but the Si has modding potential.

You’ll have more fun in the Si when you are by yourself though. For sure

OP
OP

Deleted member

That is good to hear. But the boy racer in you shined through on this decision, whether you’d like to admit it or not.

The Si is not a family/baby hauler. The ride is noticeably stiffer than the other civics. The front seats are less comfortable on longer rides. The NVH is louder. The rear motor mount can Cause some jerkiness in traffic in 1st and 2nd gear.

The Accord sport with a manual trans would have been the ideal choice if you had to stay in that $25,000 price range. The Accord is an outstanding family vehicle, that is way more fun to drive than a Camry.

The ride quality on the other manual civics (sport/sport touring) is way better if you expect a baby to sleep in the carseat behind you. The power difference stock to stock with the regular 1.5T and Si 1.5T isn't that big, but the Si has modding potential.

You’ll have more fun in the Si when you are by yourself though. For sure

I knew what I was buying. My wife has the massive SUV. In discussing, her car, which is the primary family car, would be in regular rotation. But, I didn't want to buy myself a car, the SI, that couldn't function as a family car in a pinch. The coupe couldn't do that with a baby and all the peripherals.

I appreciate your concerns, but I didn't just wake up and buy an SI one day. A lot of thought and consideration for where my life is and is going went into the purchase.

And yes, I want to have fun in this car. I'm the "driver" in the family. I also drive to work, she takes public transportation. But, the SI sedan has a larger interior and trunk than my last car, Audi Q3. We can get baby stuff in here, when needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I knew what I was buying. My wife has the massive SUV. In discussing, her car, which is the primary family car, would be in regular rotation. But, I didn't want to buy myself a car, the SI, that couldn't function as a family car in a pinch. The coupe couldn't do that with a baby and all the peripherals.

I appreciate your concerns, but I didn't just wake up and buy an SI one day. A lot of thought and consideration for where my life is and is going went into the purchase.

And yes, I want to have fun in this car. I'm the "driver" in the family. I also drive to work, she takes public transportation. But, the SI sedan has a larger interior and trunk than my last car, Audi Q3. We can get baby stuff in here, when needed.
You bought a great car. I love driving my Si more and more each day, but it is not an Audi.

I hope I didn’t offend with anything I said. I try to be helpful with my posts, but I am no car buying expert by any means. I do feel like i’m shitting on a lot of posts today...:( i should probably chill out.

I hope your modifications go well and we expect pics when you finish!

OP
OP

Deleted member

Just got back from the local body shop. They had the local Honda dealership on the phone, I had College Hills on the phone. Everything I want to do is possible.

These were waiting for me when I got home. JDM black chrome from Heel Toe Auto.

Honda Civic 10th gen Planning a robust exterior cosmetic change IMG_20200222_130721

OP
OP

Deleted member

You bought a great car. I love driving my Si more and more each day, but it is not an Audi.

I hope I didn’t offend with anything I said. I try to be helpful with my posts, but I am no car buying expert by any means. I do feel like i’m shitting on a lot of posts today...:( i should probably chill out.

I hope your modifications go well and we expect pics when you finish!
No offense taken.
What color is your car?
Modern Steel Metallic