Pin stripe or not? Opinions

—Nicole—

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Thanks for all the input. You guys confirmed what I've been thinking. It's got to go. Better to do it now while it's fresh. Should be an easy removal.
Mine also came with a pinstripe from the dealer. I tried to have it removed and was told it’s painted on. So mine is staying put lol. I’ve had the car a month so it’s still fairly fresh, but I wouldn’t dare try taking it off myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Justin G

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
Mine also came with a pinstripe from the dealer. I tried to have it removed and was told it’s painted on. So mine is staying put lol. I’ve had the car a month so it’s still fairly fresh, but I wouldn’t dare try taking it off myself.
Hmmm. Painted on? Is it raised? I just assumed it was a vinyl pinstripe. There are also ways of removing painted on pin stripes although painted on pin stripes from the dealer are rare.

—Nicole—

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Hmmm. Painted on? Is it raised? I just assumed it was a vinyl pinstripe. There are also ways of removing painted on pin stripes although painted on pin stripes from the dealer are rare.
I assumed it was vinyl too, but he didn’t feel comfortable removing it so I didn’t press it. I used my fingernail to scrape a piece off, came off pretty easily so idk.

Honda Civic 10th gen Pin stripe or not? Opinions B2E85983-C868-48A7-9056-EC6045CB0BD3

Honda Civic 10th gen Pin stripe or not? Opinions A2CDCA8B-B067-498E-9823-C8F0350AF2F1

OP
OP
Justin G

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
I assumed it was vinyl too, but he didn’t feel comfortable removing it so I didn’t press it. I used my fingernail to scrape a piece off, came off pretty easily so idk.

B2E85983-C868-48A7-9056-EC6045CB0BD3.jpeg

A2CDCA8B-B067-498E-9823-C8F0350AF2F1.jpeg
Take a blow dryer or a heat gun if you have access to one and it should peel right off. There are many YouTube videos on it. Although that looks like it could be painted. I don't like how they ended yours short. I would be looking for a way to remove it.

OP
OP
Justin G

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
Not my cup of tea. I specifically told the dealer not to put any pinstripes nor dealer badges on my car when I came to pick it up. They still managed to drill 2 holes for the front license tho.
That would of pissed me off. On my 16' I asked them to remove a red pinstripe on my Lunar Silver car before delivery. It took them about 10 minutes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justin G

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
Project "remove pinstripe" is complete. Took literally 10 minutes by barely heating with a heat gun(a blow dryer would of easily worked) and a finger nail to start it. All peeled off in whole pieces. As I stated they were very fresh so older pinstripes may not have same easy outcome. Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy with the results.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Project "remove pinstripe" is complete. Took literally 10 minutes by barely heating with a heat gun(a blow dryer would of easily worked) and a finger nail to start it. All peeled off in whole pieces. As I stated they were very fresh so older pinstripes may not have same easy outcome. Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy with the results.
:thumbsup: :dance:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Personally, I can't stand pinstripes. My brother's roommate just traded his 2013 Civic LX sedan for a 2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring this weekend. His 2013 had vinyl pinstripes that had faded and chalked over the years. The 2019 came with painted pinstripes. The dealer has a guy that comes by and stripes 20-25 vehicles in a day. It takes him about 15 minutes to drive a car into the shop, clean and load his striping tool, roll on the stripes, give it a few minutes to dry, then return the car to the lot. The dealer pinstripes every vehicle on their lot and includes this as one of the junk items in their $1,500 markup.

Honda Civic 10th gen Pin stripe or not? Opinions IMG_9475.JPG

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I'm not sure if I like the dealer pin stripe. Kind of weird how the ended it. I do like how they started it instead of curving it around the front wheel well. If it was your car would you leave it or remove it?

IMAG1700.jpg

IMAG1701.jpg
I actually had to look to see if mine or my girlfriends had pinstripes lol. Mine is the sedan and has pinstripes. And hers is the hatchback and does not have pinstripes. My pinstripes actually look good on my sedan. But her hatchback looks good without. So that being said, I think you need to take those off. The hatchback looks good without, especially since they did that weird bend at the end.
Sponsored