Pics of best cell phone mounts for Si?

grantsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Whats best cell phone mount for new SI? Where are you mounting cell phone. Im always looking for something that doesn't screw up dash or connect in a way where its awkward etc.
Sponsored

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a 90 degree USB plug so I could set mine in the pocket in front of the shifter.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My one biggest wish though, is that I could control apple/Android CarPlay using the controls on the steering wheel. Having to actually press buttons on the screen seems to run counter against making the car safe.

TophersSI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe 2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Vehicle Showcase
Whats best cell phone mount for new SI? Where are you mounting cell phone. Im always looking for something that doesn't screw up dash or connect in a way where its awkward etc.
Search some of the other threads on here (cell phone mounts). A lot of ppl have come up with some great ideas and show pics! I got my idea from one of our poster's.

violet10g

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of best cell phone mounts for Si? FBAE084A-0D47-4022-AA1C-B6263DA777C1.JPG

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag

violet10g

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag

amped_imports

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si , 2003 S2000
Country flag
(cross post but here's what I made)

Here's an update on mine.

Hi! So here's an update on mine! Long story short, the clay didn't work I found a low melting temp plastic that worked GREAT and we'll see how it goes. I'm making this for a manual, which, it should work for a automatic I'd think. When I say that though I say that as I hold the shift nob from the right side (if that makes sense.... I don't grab from the top directly) I've used painters tape to hold it now and its fine. I need to rotate it just a bit but it's great! My plan next it so model the 3M tap into the mold to it sits flush and works great. Fingers crossed

phone update 2.jpg

Prototype is done! So I 3D printed the front piece which actually captures the phone, I then bought off Amazon molding plastic and used it to get the shape of the center console pillar. Here's a link to the plastic. If you've never used it you gotta check it out for your next project. This stuff is incredible. At 150° it turns soft and you can mold it however you like, once it cools down it turns harder than hell. You can then drill it, sand it, do whatever you want to it. And, if it doesn't work out you can heat it up and try again.

Here's what I came up with.:

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of best cell phone mounts for Si? W8c3eeR

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of best cell phone mounts for Si? 02Guo9a

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of best cell phone mounts for Si? 2LF7E4L

The way I have it mounted is Velcro, this way in case my leg does bump it, it'll just "break off" and not damage my interior.

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of best cell phone mounts for Si? Gf2HWqA

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of best cell phone mounts for Si? l5VTTiz

My next goal is go back down to my old college (go Bobcats) and 3D scan my design so then I can easily print a clean, on piece part that'll be ready to install in any civic with the same center console.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It's just a cheap pop socket mount you can get at any cell phone retailer

IMG_6339.JPG
Do you foresee any issue with getting the adhesive off if you were to remove it? Apparently it's industrial-strength 3M VHB tape. I like the form-factor of the mount and didn't realize pop sockets were collapsible (always wondered how people fit them in their pockets). I'm just wary of a semi-permanent mount on the headunit.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Here is mine. Clamps on

bef7XL5.jpg

20171022_175940.jpg
This is exactly what I'm looking for! That very place, and no magnets (to keep the wireless charging operational).
Can you please post a link or name? Does it attach securely-enough (i.e. no wobbling)?

And thanks for the pics.

*edit* -- never mind, found the other post where you talk about making it...
Sponsored

Last edited: