Photos of Touring Amp

Domsdad324

First Name
Randel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 energy green civic SI
In my coupe, I have my dual 12" ported enclosure rear facing.
In my experience, rear facing gives a little more output into the cabin when windows are open, and
front facing sometimes has a little more response (or less "boominess").
My trunk doesn't really rattle at full tilt. Keep in mind I'm probably playing at around 130 db.
I feel more impact while rear facing rather than forward facing.
Supposedly, if you have a hatch, upfacing subs, rear facing ports gives the most output.
Years ago, I had a co-worker run dual 18" digital design 9500 series subs up-facing with three 4" diameter ports into the hatch door.
It was absolutely insane and difficult to breathe during long bass notes and the kick punches were heart stopping.

I used an "add-a-circuit" fuse tap plugged into a circuit that is typically off while the engine is off.
I'm fairly certain I probably tapped it into the ECU circuit because ECU is usually off even while ACC is on.
This, I ran to the battery isolator and the amp (as well as my air-ride suspension).
Awesome thanks for the help. I’d love to see your civic.
Sponsored

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe 6MT
Haha I meant pix
Its nothing special. Just an ugly black coupe with bad offset wheels and air suspension.
The trunk is completely gutted with the pre-fab sub enclosure taking up most of it.
Whatever room I had left, I shoved the air tank in.
Trunk so small, I had to put the Kinetik HC2000 in the spare tire well under the amp and air tank.
I kinda made a rack-like thing out of whatever wood I had laying around. Mostly 1.5" x 3" studs.
I guess I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my 2018 touring is left front tweeter green and yellow. right front tweeter pink and blue.....hmm...

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This is what I have so far on my 2017 Honda Civic Si amp and subwoofer install. I am installinga LC2i, JL audio JX 250/1 amp, and JL audio 8w1v3. I began by removing the battery to access the rubber grommet behind the battery to penetrate my 12v power wire through the firewall (pic included). It was quite tough but patience will be rewarded.
image1.jpeg

I then removed the kick panel by the passenger door to access the factory amp wires in which to tap my LC2i i(pic included). Now for this, I used the wire diagram above which does have a typo but hopefully we can get that cleared up. However for now I have wired mine as follows Front Right Speaker + A13 (Gray), Front Right Speaker - A12 (Purple), Front Left Speaker + A6 (light blue), Front Left speaker - A5 (light green). I used the front speakers due to some searching I've done claiming these are the best to use to restore full range sound. Also same reason I am using a LC2i rather then an LOC.
image2.jpeg

I am tapping my remote wire off of the 12v + cigarette lighter socket wire (white) since I feel I will never use it so it shouldnt disturb anything else (pic included). Im assuming you could run off the factory amp power wire, but I was hesitant to in case something shorted on my install side and as a result might effect the factory amp. To access behind the socket I actually just stuck my hand behind the panel where I have a red arrow on the bottom right and push out the panel with the socket and usb connector. It should pop out easier from behind.
image3.jpeg

This is where I am so far. I will be installing the JL audio bass knob on the slots next to the traction control and mounting amp and sub in truck. I will add info and pics as I go. Hopefully this is of help to you guys. If you have any feedback of something I am doing wrong, Please dont hesitate to let me know.
Doesn't the LC2i have a remote turn on built in so when it detects a signal on the speaker level input it will turn on the amps?

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag

jspencer89

First Name
Jiles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
That's my issue, i hate when Bass is coming from the door speakers. I guess I may have to figure out how to only push Mids to the door speakers.
Use resistor's on the speaker line to remove the lower tones.

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
interesting thread, I just tapped into the rear sub for my sub amp and tapped into the FR tweeter output off the stock amp to run my super tweeters running a 2nd amp for them. Also swapped out all door speakers and tweeters..

God I wish the sport touring wasn't so complicated.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Do all civics have a factory sound system amp?
No. There’s a thread called “what models come with a factory amp.” Check it out.

safraz

First Name
safraz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic touring
Country flag
where does this located ?
Honda Civic 10th gen Photos of Touring Amp 1614078123676

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
Does anyone have dimensions of the factory amp off hand? I'm trying to plan out an audio install for my Sport and want to see if a Kicker Key will fit in the factory location.
Sponsored