Phoenix Yellow 2020 Civic Type R facelift refresh model spotted testing at Nurburgring

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
2020 Civic Type-NeR?!
If this is true with added carbon bits Honda successfully built the cheesiest car on the market. What a joke to have faux carbon fiber inside and out with real carbon add ons. Even if it's more faux carbon it will be cornball but appeal to all fanboys because it's a new "edition" they can post about.

:rofl:

GMK5321

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M3 - 6MT
Country flag
If this is true with added carbon bits Honda successfully built the cheesiest car on the market. What a joke to have faux carbon fiber inside and out with real carbon add ons. Even if it's more faux carbon it will be cornball but appeal to all fanboys because it's a new "edition" they can post about.

:rofl:
Lol I’m getting the special edition if it’s real. I mean hell why not.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To each their own. Usually special editions are marketing garbage and badges so we will have to see what comes in the future.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
Yellow rims still 20" or are they 19 or 18"? I think that's the most exciting part, possible better rims from Honda.

I think the smaller wing will impede your rear view more than the current tall wing.
looks like 20"

GMK5321

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M3 - 6MT
Country flag
To each their own. Usually special editions are marketing garbage and badges so we will have to see what comes in the future.
Yeah you’re right, I had a downpayment on a ln sti type ra and canceled. I just didn’t think it was worth it. Hopefully the type r special edition (if there is one) will be.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I hope you like paying 10k in markups... On top of the already higher price point for this thing. I hope the 12-15k more in price is worth it.

Let's be real- even if Honda bumped this thing to 350hp, you can get that by spending well under $1500US to get a normal CTR to that level

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Let's be real here- the exterior looks 98% the same as a regular CTR. The regular CTR brakes are already fantastic. So is the entire suspension setup.

Besides being an even bigger theft magnet, I'm not sure how much more superior this version will be, besides churning out extra horsepower.

GMK5321

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M3 - 6MT
Country flag
I hope you like paying 10k in markups... On top of the already higher price point for this thing. I hope the 12-15k more in price is worth it.

Let's be real- even if Honda bumped this thing to 350hp, you can get that by spending well under $1500US to get a normal CTR to that level
I don’t think I’ll have to pay any markup. I have a very close family friend that owes me a favor. She happens to own several Honda dealers as well as a large network of other brand dealerships. But you’re right, if she can’t pull through then I’ll just get a normal one.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let's be real here- the exterior looks 98% the same as a regular CTR. The regular CTR brakes are already fantastic. So is the entire suspension setup.

Besides being an even bigger theft magnet, I'm not sure how much more superior this version will be, besides churning out extra horsepower.
It’s probably going to be a cosmetic refresh with no power added.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I don’t think I’ll have to pay any markup. I have a very close family friend that owes me a favor. She happens to own several Honda dealers as well as a large network of other brand dealerships. But you’re right, if she can’t pull through then I’ll just get a normal one.
Yeah, that kind of flips the tables if that is the case. If it comes at more or less the same price, then by all means, jump on that shit as fast as possible :D But to pretty much anyone else... shiiiiet.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Has this mystery trim been confirmed for North America? Honda is very tight with their best models- the best ones were always being left for JDM land only. Or Europe, with North America getting the bone all too often. :nono:

I think it would sell in NA though. CTR sales in general seem steady in NA, so the demand seems to be there.
Sponsored