Phoenix Yellow 2020 Civic Type R facelift refresh model spotted testing at Nurburgring

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Acure TL-Type S concept slated to come with a twinturbo V6 and possible AWD so i mean there ya go itll probably nbook out somewhere around 40-60k
Yep hopefully it's a bit of a leap above the TLX A-SPEC because, although it's a good car, it's no AMG, M or S-line.
Sponsored

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Isn't Aspec just an cosmetic package?

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yep. Well, they firmed up the suspension like 1.5% and put bigger/slightly wider wheels on, but that's really it, besides the cosmetics.

It's a shit car, overall. The transmission makes you want to blow your brains out, and other than that, Acura touts it as being a sports sedan that neither has good horsepower, nor good brakes, nor any sporting qualities that any other average run of the mill car has. Hell, even the Camry puts out more power than the TLX.

And don't get me started and that cheap looking interior and the stupid dual screen layout. Ugh.

It's a "fine" car for what it is... If it was sold and marketed as an average Joe commuter car. But Acura keeps touting on what a rocketship it is, and how sporty it is, and how fast you'll be... What a grandiose lie. My, how badly Acura has fallen.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
misread something nevermind

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
No Phoenix Yellow for 2020 at least for US. Aegean Blue replaced by Boost Blue.

Honda Civic 10th gen Phoenix Yellow 2020 Civic Type R facelift refresh model spotted testing at Nurburgring 6CBE03B4-2135-412E-ACF9-FFC9BF425145

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No Phoenix Yellow for 2020 at least for US. Aegean Blue replaced by Boost Blue.

6CBE03B4-2135-412E-ACF9-FFC9BF425145.jpeg
What does boost blue look like? I always thought ABM was a really nice shade of blue.

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
What does boost blue look like? I always thought ABM was a really nice shade of blue.
If they are releasing this info to sales systems, I hope we'll find out soon.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Rumor is it's a lighter blue. Similar to Apex Blue Pearl that the s2000 CR came in, or what the Focus RS came in, or what the Series Blue WRX/STI/BRZ came in.

I'm a little confused at the point of the move, but I'm sure the CTR will look good in that color.

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
Rumor is it's a lighter blue. Similar to Apex Blue Pearl that the s2000 CR came in, or what the Focus RS came in, or what the Series Blue WRX/STI/BRZ came in.

I'm a little confused at the point of the move, but I'm sure the CTR will look good in that color.
As you pointed out there are a vast number of vehicles with the similar blues, it seems blue and gray pearl's have recently become quite popular. I'm sure it will look clean, just disappointed it's not phoenix yellow.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
i mean would it kill Honda to release a yellow? It's as if they don't want to make as much money as they can.....

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Boost blue would look interesting. Love the similar colors on the Focus RS M3/M4s and the like.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
i mean would it kill Honda to release a yellow? It's as if they don't want to make as much money as they can.....
I can see it being an issue since the UK factory doesn't currently offer it, but why they haven't offered silver totally makes no sense. Offering a different blue though means they're willing to add a new color so why not yellow? Weird. I bet it'll be something super lame like the rest of the world will get yellow and a carbon roof and the US will just get a different blue... oh wait, not even that. The boost blue was a bug in the software. Sorry. Cool, Honda. Cool. LAME!

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
As you pointed out there are a vast number of vehicles with the similar blues, it seems blue and gray pearl's have recently become quite popular. I'm sure it will look clean, just disappointed it's not phoenix yellow.
Yeah, that's sort of why I'm confused though, the color is available in several "similar" vehicles so it just seems like an odd new color to choose. IMO, it'd be more worth it to do something like Phoenix Yellow (a new bright color that has R heritage) or Silver (a boring color, but there's R heritage in there at least).

I guess Honda just thinks there's more money overall in a currently popular trend color than there is in the other options. Doesn't really matter to me since I have the color I wanted from the start. I'd also wager that Aegan Blue is probably the lowest in-demand color so it would make sense to replace it (no offense Aegan owners, it's a pretty blue, just probably not as popular as the other colors).

incinerator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 1997 Del Sol Si
Country flag
I guess that makes Aegean Blue the most exclusive color - only available on US models '17-19. Glad I got one when I did, not a fan of the lighter shades... I'd much rather be mistaken for an STI than a Focus RS.
Sponsored