Phoenix Android Radio Walkthrough and settings Pt 1

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Thanks for the advice. Decided to stick with my Pioneer. Getting it removed from my truck tomorrow and have all the parts on the way needed to swap it to the Civic.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Thanks for the advice. Decided to stick with my Pioneer. Getting it removed from my truck tomorrow and have all the parts on the way needed to swap it to the Civic.
Going to be real interested to hear how that goes. :)

Especially what work & what does not in the Honda

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Going to be real interested to hear how that goes. :)

Especially what work & what does not in the Honda
I spoke to someone that did it and they had no issues. Only thing I'll lose is the additional camera views.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I spoke to someone that did it and they had no issues. Only thing I'll lose is the additional camera views.
I believe the additional Camera views are obtained from the Camera, by 2 digital signal lines to the camera, from the Honda head Unit, that select the camera's view for the video it sends back to the head unit.
This is pretty specific to the Honda head unit, so your aftermarket system probably does not have the two digital outputs, or the software to control them.
You also probably have 2 wires, coming back from the Camera, that have nowhere to connect on your head unit.
You might be able to just put a 4 position 2 bit binary selector switch (oo, 01, 10, 11) onto those two wires, and manually be able to select whatever view you want... or pre-wire it permanently to the view you want.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I believe the additional Camera views are obtained from the Camera, by 2 digital signal lines to the camera, from the Honda head Unit, that select the camera's view for the video it sends back to the head unit.
This is pretty specific to the Honda head unit, so your aftermarket system probably does not have the two digital outputs, or the software to control them.
You also probably have 2 wires, coming back from the Camera, that have nowhere to connect on your head unit.
You might be able to just put a 4 position 2 bit binary selector switch (oo, 01, 10, 11) onto those two wires, and manually be able to select whatever view you want... or pre-wire it permanently to the view you want.
Do you have any suggestions on how to prewire it to a specific view? It's at the installer now and he had the camera working fine but it's the super wide angle and I want the default view and he's unsure how to do this.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have any suggestions on how to prewire it to a specific view? It's at the installer now and he had the camera working fine but it's the super wide angle and I want the default view and he's unsure how to do this.
DISCLAIMER: I have never done this - this is just theory based on the Honda schematics. You and your Installer do this at your own risk.

Never physically looked at this, but according to the schematic there are two lines control lines (Bit 1 & Bit 2)

It may be that all you have to do is drag them LOW (to Ground) to control the view.
(Measure the voltage on the open wire, if it is a few volts positive, then its a good bet that grounding them will do the control).

If the two wires are already a 0v, then they will need a +ve voltage to switch them.
This becomes more complex, as what should that voltage be ?
3 v, 5V or 12v. Putting too much voltage on them may well damage the camera.

In any case, two wires, which can either be at ground, or at a +ve voltage.
That 00, 01, 10, 11 -- ie 4 possible combinations, to select up to 4 views.

If you find you have to put a positive voltage on to control them, supply that through like a 1K Ohn resistor, just to be safe and limit any possible excessive current.

I would NOT connect either wire directly to 12v !!

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
DISCLAIMER: I have never done this - this is just theory based on the Honda schematics. You and your Installer do this at your own risk.

Never physically looked at this, but according to the schematic there are two lines control lines (Bit 1 & Bit 2)

It may be that all you have to do is drag them LOW (to Ground) to control the view.
(Measure the voltage on the open wire, if it is a few volts positive, then its a good bet that grounding them will do the control).

If the two wires are already a 0v, then they will need a +ve voltage to switch them.
This becomes more complex, as what should that voltage be ?
3 v, 5V or 12v. Putting too much voltage on them may well damage the camera.

In any case, two wires, which can either be at ground, or at a +ve voltage.
That 00, 01, 10, 11 -- ie 4 possible combinations, to select up to 4 views.

If you find you have to put a positive voltage on to control them, supply that through like a 1K Ohn resistor, just to be safe and limit any possible excessive current.

I would NOT connect either wire directly to 12v !!
Appreciate it. I'm going to run over there right now and show him this .

Thanks again.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Appreciate it. I'm going to run over there right now and show him this .

Thanks again.
Cool -- let us know how it works out.

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's my walk through of the Phoenix Android Radio Headunit. This is a guide to set the headunit to work properly with the 2017 Honda Civic.

Hey Subie, I bought this exact head unit and for some reason the call volume or sound isn't working. All the cords are correct and music plays through bluetooth, but I can hear people when they call me and I can't dial anyone. Is there a possible fix for this? Thanks!

Jarda Voříšek

First Name
Jaromír Voříšek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X, FK 8,2017
Country flag
Tady je moje procházka phoenixskou androidí rádiovou hlavou. Toto je průvodce, jak nastavit headunit tak, aby správně fungoval s Hondou Civic 2017.

[/CITACE]
Instaloval jsem si můj. děkuji za kutilství @Subiepanda .

Používám vnitřní mikrofon a zatím tak dobře jsem namontoval anténu uvnitř palubní desky tak dobře. otázka pro @Subiepanda , dis používáte držák z rádia nebo jen namontován pomocí klipů?
[/CITACE]
A.
Sponsored