Phoenix Android Radio Walkthrough and settings Pt 1

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like a great upgrade. Two questions though: To your knowledge is there/will there be a Volume knob version? And would this support WiFi iOS/Android Mirroring (Not Carplay or Android Auto)?
You only want the large screen one and if you really need a volume knob, this is not the unit for you.
Sponsored

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mine just shipped today, any ideas how long it will take to receive?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did it actually ship or did they just make a shipping label? Shipping info should be available on the link they sent you.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did anyone have issues with the dongle for AA/AC? I can't seem to get it to work with my S5.

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone with the pheonix installed also downloaded the ktuner app onto it??

Kwalsh24

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
So im new to the gen 10 civic, picked up a 2017 hatchback lx 3cweeks ago, managed to softbrick the slow factory infotainment unit (think I had it doing one too many things at once and it just permanently crapped itself, it's being replaced but I may just yank it after) so I've been looking at this unit myself (either the 2gb or 4gb model) Phoenix hasn't been overly responsive to my questions I've sent them (little alarming but not shocking for China radios) hoping maybe i can get some clarification from you awesome members.

For those of you who recently ordered a 2gb or even a 4gb model,
What Android OS is used? (their site says 6 or 7.1 model depending)
Has any software updates been released since taking on ownership?
What factory options are retained with your unit is the original factory unit? What won't be retained?
Does everything on the guages work still, especially in the info section? Nothing effected?
My car has 2 factory USB ports, one in the armrest and one in the dash, are these retained ?
Do all the HVAC controls work? Right now with my bricked unit I have lost half of my controls and it's a tad annoying

Does Google assistant work? Maybe this could be configured to launch on the voice command button?

Thanks all! I think that's all the questions I have currently.

Last edited:

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
It seems thay have been realesing updates

Kwalsh24

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
It seems thay have been realesing updates
Well that's a good sign, my questions to them have gone totally unanswered, all I received with my initial contact was a sales pitch for a model I wasn't even inquiring on. So for now I'm holding off as if I were to upgrade I'd like to keep as much factory components as possible.

Edit. That's on the Tesla model tho not the 9" so no that doesn't necessarily mean they are doing updates to the 9"

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
this is all i got online. I also targeted the option, so far I wait to see how it goes.
There is a local company here (Bucharest - Romania) named Edotec. They don't support yet civicx, they will do it soon. The quality of their products seems to be far better than the Chinese ones. I saw a few and product quality seems good.

Kwalsh24

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
this is all i got online. I also targeted the option, so far I wait to see how it goes.
There is a local company here (Bucharest - Romania) named Edotec. They don't support yet civicx, they will do it soon. The quality of their products seems to be far better than the Chinese ones. I saw a few and product quality seems good.
Interesting info thanks, I'll look into it as well

Kwalsh24

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I've decided to not purchase this unit due to the lack of info from the company. Instead I am going to pick up this unit in a couple days when it goes on sale... Seems to be fairly similar to the Phoenix hardware but the company has good reviews and feedback along with XDA support... Plus the company is emailing me and answering questions! They are providing me with 2 USB adapters so I can continue to use the oem us ports.

Dasaita 10.2" Android 8.0 Car GPS Radio Player for Honda Civic 2015-2016 with Octa Core 4GB 32GB Auto Multimedia Stereo video 4G
http://s.aliexpress.com/7bQFfI7n?fromSns=

Believe it's the same as phoenix px5 model but it's going to be cheaper with the sale price ($489cdn shipped)

Last edited:

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I've decided to not purchase this unit due to the lack of info from the company. Instead I am going to pick up this unit in a couple days when it goes on sale... Seems to be fairly similar to the Phoenix hardware but the company has good reviews and feedback along with XDA support... Plus the company is emailing me and answering questions! They are providing me with 2 USB adapters so I can continue to use the oem us ports.

Dasaitata 10.2" Android 8.0 Car GPS Radio Player for Honda Civic 2015-2016 with Octa Core 4GB 32GB Auto Multimedia Stereo video 4G
http://s.aliexpress.com/7bQFfI7n?fromSns=

Believe it's the same as phoenix px5 model but it's going to be cheaper with the sale price ($489cdn shipped)
It had been determined on XDA that most people are just resellers and all the units are made by a few companies in China

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
can you please share the xda links where those units are discussed?

thx
Sponsored