Phoenix Android Radio Walkthrough and settings Pt 1

ysutarko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
That looks pretty awesome! The description on the online store for the head unit says that the voice control button may not work, can you confirm if thats the case, or if there is a way to change the settings to enable it?
Voice control button on the steering wheel does not work. it now works as a mute button. Google voice / command button on the headunit works
Sponsored

OP
OP

Subiepanda

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2005 Subaru STI
Country flag
@Subiepanda ... do you know if there's a way to control the ipod via usb?
Not that I'm aware of. I don't have an Idea to try it with but with my phone connect I am able to hit the right and left buttons to change tracks.

HK_P30s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX Sonic Grey
Country flag
Just ordered mine thanks to you. :bow:
Hey Shank, have you received yours yet? I ordered mine ( I assume you ordered the same one in the vid from Phoenix) on December 2nd, and the order is still "unfulfilled". Emailed them a week ago and they said in the next couple days it would ship, lots of orders blah blah. So, have they shipped yours at least or you jamming out with it or what? Anyone waiting or received a Phoenix android head unit lately?

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey Shank, have you received yours yet? I ordered mine ( I assume you ordered the same one in the vid from Phoenix) on December 2nd, and the order is still "unfulfilled". Emailed them a week ago and they said in the next couple days it would ship, lots of orders blah blah. So, have they shipped yours at least or you jamming out with it or what? Anyone waiting or received a Phoenix android head unit lately?
Be patient I ordered mine on black Friday and recieved from China in about 2-3 weeks

HK_P30s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Be patient I ordered mine on black Friday and recieved from China in about 2-3 weeks
Yeah I know, but it hasn't even shipped yet after 17 days. I guess the only good thing is I did pay for expedited shipping, so WHEN it ships, it should hopefully be a little quicker. In the days of Prime shipping, buying from China seems like the mail order catalogue days in terms of fulfillment :)

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I contacted them after a week and they said they were behind because of the 4 gig ram parts not being in. Had to contact twice more because he said it would ship early last week. No update contacted again "it's in the shipping queue". No update contacted again, "oh srry, i forgot to update your page. Here's your tracking number". Supposed to be here today. For some reason they sent it to Tucson and not Phoenix but it got turned back up here once they saw where it was going, so hopefully it shows.

According to the tracking info it only took 2 days, from going to DHL in Hong Kong, to get here.

HK_P30s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I contacted them after a week and they said they were behind because of the 4 gig ram parts not being in. Had to contact twice more because he said it would ship early last week. No update contacted again "it's in the shipping queue". No update contacted again, "oh srry, i forgot to update your page. Here's your tracking number". Supposed to be here today. For some reason they sent it to Tucson and not Phoenix but it got turned back up here once they saw where it was going, so hopefully it shows.

According to the tracking info it only took 2 days, from going to DHL in Hong Kong, to get here.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. Sounds like I need to get on their a$$! I've only ordered the 2GB/32GB ROM version, so I would not have your memory delay I guess. Good info sir, much appreciated!

MikeJXWT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic EX 5-Dr Hatchback, 1994 Chevy Silverado Full-Size Std Cabin, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Full-Size Quad Cabin, 2004 Toyota Tacoma Std 2-Dr Pick-up, 2017 Toyota Corolla LE, 2017 Nissan Fronteir S King Cab
Country flag
Sounds like a great upgrade. Two questions though: To your knowledge is there/will there be a Volume knob version? And would this support WiFi iOS/Android Mirroring (Not Carplay or Android Auto)?

ysutarko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Sounds like a great upgrade. Two questions though: To your knowledge is there/will there be a Volume knob version? And would this support WiFi iOS/Android Mirroring (Not Carplay or Android Auto)?
No Vol Knob version and it does support Wifi mirroring

MikeJXWT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic EX 5-Dr Hatchback, 1994 Chevy Silverado Full-Size Std Cabin, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Full-Size Quad Cabin, 2004 Toyota Tacoma Std 2-Dr Pick-up, 2017 Toyota Corolla LE, 2017 Nissan Fronteir S King Cab
Country flag
No Vol Knob version and it does support Wifi mirroring
Thanks, definitely considering this then. Will try it out once I've saved up enough to upgrade the Audio system at the same time. I like the Tesla style version, but seems a tad over the top for me. I'm not exactly keen on having to control my HVAC via the HU even more either...
Sponsored