PERRIN

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.perrin.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Relocate your accelerator pedal to a more ideal location for heel-toe driving with the PERRIN Accelerator Pedal Relocate
PERRIN.Com

Honda Civic 10th gen PERRIN Accelerator Pedal Relocate PHP-DRV-088_03

Competitive parts move the accelerator pedal up too high, placing it even with the brake pedal at rest. This makes heel blips difficult as you have to raise your foot to reach the accelerator. The PERRIN relocate plate is specifically designed to place the accelerator pedal on the same plain as a depressed brake pedal for perfect heel-toe blips while braking.

Honda Civic 10th gen PERRIN Accelerator Pedal Relocate PHP-DRV-088_12

Horizontal Placement
The PERRIN Accelerator pedal relocate has 2 horizontal positions. One running tight and parallel to the brake pedal. The other angled, with the bottom of the pedal running closer than the top. You can change the position anytime by simply re-installing the part to see if you prefer heel or side foot throttle blips.

Honda Civic 10th gen PERRIN Accelerator Pedal Relocate PHP-DRV-088_11

Honda Civic 10th gen PERRIN Accelerator Pedal Relocate PHP-DRV-088_10

Construction
The PERRIN Accelerator Pedal Relocate is CNC machined from lightweight aluminum for a perfect fit.

Honda Civic 10th gen PERRIN Accelerator Pedal Relocate PHP-DRV-088_07

Easy Installation
Simply un-plug and unbolt your acceleration pedal. Install the PERRIN relocate plate and reinstall the accelerator pedal.

Honda Civic 10th gen PERRIN Accelerator Pedal Relocate PHP-DRV-088_08

Please email [email protected] for your CivicX Discount

DPE

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Nice part. I tried the competitors first, but indeed it positions the pedal too high relative to the brake pedal. Fine just tooling around town, but once you get deep into the brakes driving more aggressively your throttle is simply too high to reach easily with the outside of your foot. Then I tried yours and it's much better. I don't really heel-toe so much as the inside ball of my foot is on the brake and the outside is doing the blipping (my foot is basically vertical), but it works great for that in position 1.

Yes, you have to cut down one of the studs that it mounts to, and it's a bit of a PITA if you use cheap dremel cutoff wheels that shatter every 10 seconds (so find good quality cutoff wheels!), but it's very worth it to get the pedal in the right spot.

FWIW, I believe I measured the competitions part at 28mm thick vs the Perrin part at 12mm thick. That difference made all the difference for me.

Tothemax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Nice part. I tried the competitors first, but indeed it positions the pedal too high relative to the brake pedal. Fine just tooling around town, but once you get deep into the brakes driving more aggressively your throttle is simply too high to reach easily with the outside of your foot. Then I tried yours and it's much better. I don't really heel-toe so much as the inside ball of my foot is on the brake and the outside is doing the blipping (my foot is basically vertical), but it works great for that in position 1.

Yes, you have to cut down one of the studs that it mounts to, and it's a bit of a PITA if you use cheap dremel cutoff wheels that shatter every 10 seconds (so find good quality cutoff wheels!), but it's very worth it to get the pedal in the right spot.

FWIW, I believe I measured the competitions part at 28mm thick vs the Perrin part at 12mm thick. That difference made all the difference for me.
Can you clarify what exactly needs to be cutoff? I have mine sitting for 2 months and i need to install it, but i just came across your post and don't want to install something that won't fit properly.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Can you clarify what exactly needs to be cutoff? I have mine sitting for 2 months and i need to install it, but i just came across your post and don't want to install something that won't fit properly.
If you check out Perrin's install instructions, it will show which stud is being cut and how much. Looks like its mostly just the unthreaded part of the bold being cut off and they indicate that it won't prevent a return to stock.

DPE

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Sorry, not on the forums a ton.

If you look at the OEM throttle pedal, it is mounted on three studs. Actually, just go unclip the electronic connector and undo the three nuts and take the pedal off, and it'll all be very clear. Perrin gives you a couple spare nuts to thread onto the stud being cut so you know where to cut it, and then you just cut a part of one of the studs off. Remove the spare nuts, and install spacer and then install pedal. It's not all that difficult, and there's enough stud left to put the pedal back on in stock form if need be.

Not sure what you are saying about something that won't fit properly; the pedal spacer fits and works perfectly. You just have to do a little surgery to get there, which they give explicit instructions for. Very worth it IMO.