ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
Chapter 15 - Part C? - Amazon engine covers. lol.

The gap on the sides of the engine bay always bothered me. I don't know why Honda opted to leave that stuff exposed but that got me looking into ways to clean it up a bit. Some options can be found via seibon and password JDM but you're looking at close to 400 dollars plus for that stuff. So while the gap did bother me...well... let's just say it didn't bother me enough to spend 400 dollars. Then there's the problem of if you buy the carbon fiber engine bay covers, you have to buy the rest of stuff because then you just look cheap. haha.

Anyways, I left it alone for a bit but ended up stumbling upon this part on amazon. It was like 50 bucks and the texture actually perfectly matches the rest of the bits on the car.

Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0778V3LMJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered on Monday and the part came on Wednesday. Pictures:
Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street yIemA8

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street UZaG1P

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street JB9Y75

Let me know what you guys think.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street gxiCuQ

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street gxiCuQ

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street UZaG1P

Last edited:

Earth_Dreamer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Chapter 15 - Part C? - Amazon engine covers. lol.

The gap on the sides of the engine bay always bothered me. I don't know why Honda opted to leave that stuff exposed but that got me looking into ways to clean it up a bit. Some options can be found via seibon and password JDM but you're looking at close to 400 dollars plus for that stuff. So while the gap did bother me...well... let's just say it didn't bother me enough to spend 400 dollars. Then there's the problem of if you buy the carbon fiber engine bay covers, you have to buy the rest of stuff because then you just look cheap. haha.

Anyways, I left it alone for a bit but ended up stumbling upon this part on amazon. It was like 50 bucks and the texture actually perfectly matches the rest of the bits on the car.

Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0778V3LMJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered on Monday and the part came on Wednesday. Pictures:
yIemA8.jpg

UZaG1P.jpg

JB9Y75.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

gxiCuQ.jpg

gxiCuQ.jpg

UZaG1P.jpg
The engine bay cover looks soooo nice!
btw does it require drilling holes?

Thanks!

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chapter 16 - Some of the FBO parts + canards

Got the OK from the wife to start hitting the track again so I signed up for a few days. Going to run Sonoma on May 24-25th and then again on May 27th to run Thill East.

Started to get a lot of my parts in but didn't have too much time to install. Ended up dropping the car off to my buddy Gary, at Elite Performance, to do the work. I usually have Trackspec work on my cars but the owners were preoccupied and I didn't want to bother them. haha.

We got the following installed:

- Koyo Radiator
- USR Turbo Blanket
- USR Oil cooler
- Fitted a custom undertray for the splitter
- Splitter support rods
- Top1 Canards
- finished drilling / bolting the roll cage
- Sakebomb Garage SS brake lines
- Hasport 82A lower engine mount
- All fluids changed

With this round of mods, my car should theoretically be able to run without any overheating issues. The single biggest mod I feel after picking up the car is definitely the motor mount. I don't mind it but the mount adds A LOT of vibration to the car. Driving it feels way more direct which is actually really nice. I wouldn't advise people to get the 82A mount for a street driven vehicle. It is not for the faint of heart.

Exterior wise, we added the canards and support rods. Parts were from Top1 and while there wasn't really a need for them, whatever... it's for aesthetics i guess. I can't really say I support this company or it's products because dealing with them was honestly a pain. In the end, they did come through but only after i made a ton of noise. Car looks mean now though.

The plan for the weekend is to run the car on track and get a feel for it. This will be my first outing on track so I chose to run in the low intermediate group. Will probably move up depending on comfort level / car's performance. Hopefully i can get things dialed in before the 27th as I'll be running with a fellow member who's been setting some lap records. lol.

Pics:

SS brake lines in:
Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 8kmdHB

Roll cage secured:
Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street hVwlfy

"custom" splitter piece:
Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street eGsGJa

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street zQO7Ds

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street WgNwqV

winsanity324

@WNSNTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Chapter 15 part b - Lamin-X & Vented driver's side grille

Usually not a fan of yellow headlights but on the CTR. It just sort of works.

Bought a small tiny amount of Lamin-X from amazon here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006347Q8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Took me about 5 minutes to install including the removal of the grille. Seriously, it's that easy. Also threw on my new vented grille. Pics:

nbOCQ7.jpg

DwqvYN.jpg

Gave her a quick wash. Car gets so damn dirty every time. haha. Will probably end up wrapping it at some point....

CGldzV.jpg
Great build. Love your NSX too!
Where'd you get the vented grille from?

Thanks!

Chena28

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r
Country flag
Should've waited for the cleib canards or gotten the aeroflow carbon ones or done something yourself! Anyways nice build

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Chapter 16 - Some of the FBO parts + canards

Got the OK from the wife to start hitting the track again so I signed up for a few days. Going to run Sonoma on May 24-25th and then again on May 27th to run Thill East.

Started to get a lot of my parts in but didn't have too much time to install. Ended up dropping the car off to my buddy Gary, at Elite Performance, to do the work. I usually have Trackspec work on my cars but the owners were preoccupied and I didn't want to bother them. haha.

We got the following installed:

- Koyo Radiator
- USR Turbo Blanket
- USR Oil cooler
- Fitted a custom undertray for the splitter
- Splitter support rods
- Top1 Canards
- finished drilling / bolting the roll cage
- Sakebomb Garage SS brake lines
- Hasport 82A lower engine mount
- All fluids changed

With this round of mods, my car should theoretically be able to run without any overheating issues. The single biggest mod I feel after picking up the car is definitely the motor mount. I don't mind it but the mount adds A LOT of vibration to the car. Driving it feels way more direct which is actually really nice. I wouldn't advise people to get the 82A mount for a street driven vehicle. It is not for the faint of heart.

Exterior wise, we added the canards and support rods. Parts were from Top1 and while there wasn't really a need for them, whatever... it's for aesthetics i guess. I can't really say I support this company or it's products because dealing with them was honestly a pain. In the end, they did come through but only after i made a ton of noise. Car looks mean now though.

The plan for the weekend is to run the car on track and get a feel for it. This will be my first outing on track so I chose to run in the low intermediate group. Will probably move up depending on comfort level / car's performance. Hopefully i can get things dialed in before the 27th as I'll be running with a fellow member who's been setting some lap records. lol.

Pics:

SS brake lines in:
8kmdHB.jpg

Roll cage secured:
hVwlfy.jpg

"custom" splitter piece:
eGsGJa.jpg

zQO7Ds.jpg

WgNwqV.jpg
See you at THill on the 27th! Will you be doing the Hot Hatch Challenge?

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
See you at THill on the 27th! Will you be doing the Hot Hatch Challenge?
probably not. That'll be my third time on track with this car and I still feel like there is a decent amount of dialing in we would need to do before it is even competitive (and by dialing in, i really mean the driver mod). haha.

I'll be attending with a slew of norcal ctr owners though. Are you on the fb group?

Are you getting your ECU unlock and hondata/ktuner?
Yeah. I'm actually waiting for my PRL DP / FP combo to come in before we do hondata. Will also be throwing in coilovers, rigid collars, and various suspension upgrades as well so the next phase of this car is going to be a pretty huge leap forward.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Should've waited for the cleib canards or gotten the aeroflow carbon ones or done something yourself! Anyways nice build
any more info on the cleib ones? I've seen the aeroflow ones and they weren't erhm... aggressive enough for me. haha.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
probably not. That'll be my third time on track with this car and I still feel like there is a decent amount of dialing in we would need to do before it is even competitive (and by dialing in, i really mean the driver mod). haha.

I'll be attending with a slew of norcal ctr owners though. Are you on the fb group?
Which group? I’m in many of the FK8, track, and NorCal groups