ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
Hey! That's the video I made for Radium on their coolant expansion tank - glad you got some benefit from it. Very nice build by the way!
Holy crap. The man himself! I loved your video! It was soooooooo clear. You're like a painter with your words. I didn't even need to watch it, just listened. haha. But seriously, thank you though and I hope you continue to make more videosss!! It was supperrr helpful.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chapter 8 - Mishimoto Intake

I have to admit that i didn't really do much research prior to buying this intake. I simply searched "intake" on this forum and the Mishimoto one was what seemed like the most popular. So there you have it. No research. Just a blind purchase.

With that said, I didn't really have any expectations of the product. Just figured it was one of the parts I "needed" to make the car perform a little better. But I was blown away by the clear instructions and the excellent product they were able to make. Two for two so far on these mishimoto parts. haha.

The install wasn't too bad. Actually, it was really easy. Took me about 90 minutes and i just followed this video:

Impressions? I can't tell if the car is faster or not. I don't think I'm supposed to be able to anyways. haha. But it does make a cool whooshing sound now whenever i accelerate. The engine bay also feels cleaner now and less cluttered.

Pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 9wrNSC

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 0FGto3

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street e0Id9T

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street h1QNOB

A bit off topic but I also managed to upgrade the battery terminal posts on the shorai battery. The shorai battery doesn't come with any posts so I had to buy these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0149IRHS6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chapter 9 - "New Shoes"

I actually had these wheels for awhile (i ordered them even before I bought the car). Te37 OG's in Bronze. 18x10 +41 fitment.

What was holding up the installation process wasn't so much the wheels or my laziness but it was the tires. Up until this point, I had been ruuning Toyo R888R's in all my cars. Then a few of my friends all told me to try out the Yokohama A052's. They were telling me about how sticky they were and what sort of pb's they were breaking...bla bla bla. What they didn't tell me was that basically every major outlet had sold out of these freakin things. So how did i get them? I ebay'ed it.... all the way from the freakin UK. These tires better be worth it...

Anyways, without further ado.... pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 3HHlmo

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street AiLG1M

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street Qyq805

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street RbbrLP

Also, I'd like to thank the guys at my local wheel works. They stayed behind and squeezed me into their schedule just so that I could have it installed ASAP. Good bunch of guys.

Oh yeah... I also picked up one of these things so i can really start tearing into the car. Figured it'd be worth it for the long run. Just waiting for my extension ramps to get in so i can properly jack the car up.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street ZN20yM

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chapter 10 - Varis Rep extensions

Found some replica Varis fender extensions on ebay. Figured it was that or wait 6-8 months for essentially the same thing. Fitment wasn't bad. Didn't come with any double sided tape so pick some up if you're planning on trying to install this part the same day.

Pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street n9Zo8R

She's getting there...

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street CuUQWe

Some other things I did that's not pictured:

- Switched the battery from the Shorai one back to the stock one.
- Got my exhaust in.
- Ordered my coilovers

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Chapter 10 - Varis Rep extensions

Found some replica Varis fender extensions on ebay. Figured it was that or wait 6-8 months for essentially the same thing. Fitment wasn't bad. Didn't come with any double sided tape so pick some up if you're planning on trying to install this part the same day.

Pics:

n9Zo8R.jpg

She's getting there...

CuUQWe.jpg

Some other things I did that's not pictured:

- Switched the battery from the Shorai one back to the stock one.
- Got my exhaust in.
- Ordered my coilovers
Yeah, QuickJack FTW if you tinker with the car a lot.

Why did you switch back to the stock battery? Weight reduction isn’t a factor in what you’re trying to achieve?

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, QuickJack FTW if you tinker with the car a lot.

Why did you switch back to the stock battery? Weight reduction isn’t a factor in what you’re trying to achieve?
I just had a kid so the car is going to be sitting for awhile. Figured I’d switch back to the stock battery for now so i don’t have to worry about keeping it charged.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chapter 11 - Acuity Shifter

Prior to doing this mod, I had been researching the Acuity shifter. Seems like everyone was raving about it so figured why not. The car honestly feels like it shifts very nicely from the factory, so this mod was done more out of curiosity than necessity.

The product itself is a sight to behold. Wayyy cleaner than the OEM shifter. It's kind of a let down that no one will ever see the product once its fully installed but ... damn.

A side by side comparison:

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street IGp2bL

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street vwxb3E

Installation was pretty straight forward as I followed the instructions provided on the Acuity website. They estimate the install time to take about 1.5 hours but I ended up taking somewhere around 4 because quite honestly I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. lol. There were also a few steps that were a bit ... infuriating. Namely the center console tab removal step and the removal of the shifter cable.

Aside from those several steps, the install was actually fairly smooth. ooo which reminds me... another tip, make sure you have all the tools they require you to have. This was NOT one of those things you could improvise. The install actually requires you to remove the entirety of the center console so be prepared to dig in.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street pyCskr

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street WUgSFD

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street NquuEt

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street rwbxwD

I remember thinking at this point... how am i going to put this stuff back in... lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street QUVf68

Once installed, make sure you have all your adjustments on the shifter made. After that, just follow the instructions in reverse order to reinstall everything.

I haven't driven my car with the acuity in it yet so I can only give initial impressions. The car does feel like it shifts a lot shorter and I like the ability to customize the positioning of ... well... almost everything. Is it worth it though? I don't think so. For the price, there are a lot of other mods out there one can be doing. As mentioned before, the car already shifts very nicely from the factory so to spend 500 BUCKS on something that might only improve the car .... ~1-2%? Yeah. Not worth it.

On a side note, I finally got my quickjack ramp extensions in. Tested the quickjack system a bit and it's a bit sketchy... Not sure if I feel comfortable crawling under there to do work on the car. I'll probably set up jack stands as a precaution.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street pNfTfZ

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street ziN1Xn

_leslietu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 S14 & '19 CW CTR
Country flag
On a side note, I finally got my quickjack ramp extensions in. Tested the quickjack system a bit and it's a bit sketchy... Not sure if I feel comfortable crawling under there to do work on the car. I'll probably set up jack stands as a precaution.
Sketchy because of the extensions or quickjack itself? I have been contemplating getting a set for myself.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I almost went the QJ route but decided I'd be further ahead if I just get a second Harbor Freight 1.5ton jack (to complement its much bigger 3-ton brother in my garage). I've swapped wheels several times now (don't ask) and have to say I'm completely fine with this approach. And it's good enough to get one side lifted and use the center jack point with the 2nd jack, so I can lift the whole thing up on jack stands in what I would expect to be about the time I'd get the quickjack out, set up, and ready to use. QJ would undoubtedly be easier, though.

OP, I have the Acuity shifter and it's very much my favorite mod so far. It's still breaking in a little, my 4-5 shift was tough out of the gate, but it's loosening up just fine. I have however missed the 5-6 shift a few times, just being lazy - and you can't be lazy with this shifter. That said, I just don't go into 6th around town as much as I used to which is actually more fun anyway.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I haven't driven my car with the acuity in it yet so I can only give initial impressions. The car does feel like it shifts a lot shorter and I like the ability to customize the positioning of ... well... almost everything. Is it worth it though? I don't think so. For the price, there are a lot of other mods out there one can be doing. As mentioned before, the car already shifts very nicely from the factory so to spend 500 BUCKS on something that might only improve the car .... ~1-2%? Yeah. Not worth it.

i felt the shifter to be worth it because it is something i'm touching and using every time im in the car driving. If you got it to increase your track speeds then idk. $500 also really won't get you much on this car.

regarding the Quickjacks, what feels sketch about it? I been wanting one of those for a while so i'm curious. Been using the 2 jack method for a while and was looking at just getting something like a quickjack.

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Looks great so far!

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sketchy because of the extensions or quickjack itself? I have been contemplating getting a set for myself.
It's neither. It just felt sketchy because this is the first time I've used it and there was some unevenness going up. I've since gone up and down a few times and the operation is much smoother.

I'm still going to put jacks underneath though cause you can never be too safe. Not risking anything. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i felt the shifter to be worth it because it is something i'm touching and using every time im in the car driving. If you got it to increase your track speeds then idk. $500 also really won't get you much on this car.

regarding the Quickjacks, what feels sketch about it? I been wanting one of those for a while so i'm curious. Been using the 2 jack method for a while and was looking at just getting something like a quickjack.
I agree. 500 dollars doesn't get you much of anything these days. lol. But i do think that it can be better contributed elsewhere on this car.

The reason why i don't feel like it's worth it is because the car feels like it shifts really nicely already from the factory. It's like paying to improve something that is already an "A" to get it to an "A+". It's just not worth it. For the money spent, I could have put it towards paying off a big chunk of another mod (hondata, downpipes, brakes....etc...). But once again, this is my opinion, and my opinion probably shouldn't carry too much weight right now because I have barely driven the car with the mod on.
Sponsored