ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
Hi everyone. My name is Will and I just purchased a 2019 Civic Type R.

Day 1:

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street PVo5kK

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 2dkQhl

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street jZrF3h

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street jtltgN

It's been a hell of a journey getting here as I have been jumping around in terms of car options. As in... I wasn't sure what to get. My objective was to replace my old fully built s2k track toy with something that had more modern amenities / comfort while retaining a similar driving feel. I considered many options but i believe the CTR is the only car that checks most of the boxes while allowing me to stay within budget.

My build is as follows (stick with me guys because this is going to ramp up fast):

Engine / Performance:

USR Turbo Blanket - Type R
PRL Motorsports Honda Civic Billet Oil Cap - Black
PRL Intercooler
HKS BOV
USR HKS Side Moint Oil Cooler Kit
Mishimoto Performance Air intake
Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can
Radium Engineering Coolant Tank Kit
Koyo Radiator
PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R 2.0T 3.5" Race Downpipe & Front Pipe Combo
HKS Intercooler Hard pipes
Hondata Tuning Tool
Hondata Flashpro
Fujitsubo Exhaust

Suspension / Wheels / Tires:

TE37 Time Attack (Street tires)
ZE40 - Matte Blue - 18x9.5 +38
Hasport 2016_ Civic Rear Engine Mount U88A
Girodisc Front Brake Rotors
Endless MX72
Ultra Racing - Front Lower point
Ultra Racing Front Strut
Ultra Racing Lower Rear sub
Rear Lower subframe
Ultra Racing Rear Trunk Lower
EVS Roll Cage
EVS rear seat delete
Eibach S32mm Front and 25 mm Rear Anti roll Kit Sway Bars
R40 Iconix 14x1.5 Black Lock and Lug Nuts (capless)
JRZ RS PRO 3 Coilovers
OS Gilken LSD
Sakebomb Stainless steel braided brake lines
HKS Suspension Error Canceller
Spoon Rigid Collar Front
Spoon Rigid Collar Rear
Hasport 2016_ Civic FULL Engine Mount U88A
Whiteline Front Sway Bar link
Whiteline Rear swaybar End link
Yokohama A052's
Yokohama A052's
Nankang AR-1
BFGOODRICH R1S

Interior:

Weathertech floor mats
Acuity Shifter
Type R shift knob
Honda Center Console illumination
Honda - Foot Light
Honda - Inner door handle and door pocket light
Honda - Side Step Garnish Set
Teknocraft T2 Seats w/ black padding, embroidery, and planted base
Revel Carbon Fiber Dash Cover

Exterior:

BMSPEC V2 diffuser
Toponemotors Side Skirts
Toponemotors Diffuser
Toponemotors Canards
BMSpec Front Splitter
"JDM" Sport Heavy Duty Steel Red Front Tow Hook Kit
"JDM" Sport Heavy Duty Steel Red Front Tow Hook Kit
EVS Tuning Carbon Rear Gurney Flap
Window Tint
Voltex Wing
EVS Front Tow Hook relocation Bracket
Zero Auto Factory Vents - Large and small
Seibon Vented Hood
GPP Front Driver Side Vented Mesh Grill
Aerocatch Hood Pins - Black
Mugen Carbon Fiber door card covers
GRP Front Vented grille - Driver's side
Lamin-X
Seibon CV Style front Grille
Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
APR NACA Ducts Type 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chapter 1 - "Ordering"

Most of the days right after taking delivery were spent on ordering the parts on the list. I had been contemplating buying this car from about a year ago so my mod list at the time of purchase was already extensive. A lot of the parts on the list came from talking to fellow CTR owners, seeking advice from the shop mechanic that does all my builds, and doing my research on this forum. We also decided to aggressively order most of the parts because many of the parts IMO were either cooling and / or safety related.

The order of our focus would be the following: Cooling ---> Safety ----> Brakes ---> Wheels ---> Aero ---> Suspension ---> Power

Notice that cooling and safety are first because let's be honest, what's more important than the life of the car and well... our own lives. haha. I also don't like adding power until the very end when we feel we have become comfortable with the car. Besides, more power doesn't necessarily make you faster on track. Any good track enthusiasts will be able to tell you that power doesn't always equate into faster lap times.

Despite our order of priority, I couldn't help but throw on a few "mods". lol.

EVS Carbon Fiber wing "Gurney"

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street jvuQwa

Some ebay branded tow hook:

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street qgvTP3

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chapter 2 - Mishimoto Catch Can

Added the mishimoto Catch can. This is probably one of my first mishimoto products but count me impressed. The build quality on this product is great and the instructions were clear. Install time was roughly 30 minutes (could've been faster but i didn't have the correct size pliers needed). I opted for the black bracket because I've always wanted the engine bay to look more subtle. I mean... I never understood why people want to dazzle up their engine bay. I almost never pop my hood unless I'm at the track trying to cool the car down and if you ever get pulled over by the Popo, it just makes it harder to convince the officer that you're "stock".

Pics:
Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street iyYfDE

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street TrYOKK

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
I remember your screen name on S2KI. Sucks that you sold your s2k but welcome to the CTR.

Linwozzle

First Name
Linden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CBP CTR, 05 Lotus Elise, 94 Miata
Country flag
Where are the pictures with all the mods???

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chapter 3 - Weight Reduction

My wife and I just welcomed a new addition into our family so I've spending a lot of time trying to stay local. And by local, I mean at home. lol. But staying at home isn't that bad when you've got a brand new CTR to work on and a whole lot of parts to install. So with that said, I started tearing into things. Now, mind you. I have no idea what I'm doing. Oh well, here we go.

I had planned to start tearing into the car but unfortunately, it was raining hard core in the morning. So I spent the morning taking care of my baby and when he was finally asleep, unboxing some of the parts.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 00bP9H

Anyways. The afternoon was surprisingly sunny so I went about dismantling the interior in preparation for the EVS roll cage and rear seat delete. Not too much info around on how to remove the seats but I kind of figured it out.

End result:

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street Uk1lmm

By the time I was done with that, I figured I'd install the Shorai battery too since we were on a weight reduction rampage!

Just to give you a comparison. I think the stock battery was something like 30 lbs and the shorai one can't be more than 5.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street PmtZQo

The install was easy but took a bit longer than expected because it didn't come with terminal posts that your car needs to attach to it. Luckily my local autozone had some in stock. They're not the best but as a temporary solution, it'll manage.

Some notes about the install.
1. The shorai battery does not come with terminal posts. Make sure you buy one that are 6mm.

2. You'll want to use some of the foam that the shorai battery comes with. DO NOT THROW IT AWAY. I did so and had to fish it out of my trash can. Lesson learned.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you planning to put E85 in it (flex fuel kit) or are you restricted by the class that you're racing? I'm not even sure if anyone makes a FFK for the CTR, just wondering. Enjoy your modding process. Looks like fun. :thumbsup:

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Thanks, I get a 404 page not found error with that link but I will search the site again now I have the description.
The issue is that when I use your link it rolls over to the .co.uk address and the misihimoto site in the UK does not have than can :(

If I manually type the .com address it still forces me over to the UK one!

I will call them to find out what the score is.

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
what class are you racing in ? also is the ultra racing trunk bars needed? the evs cage goes side to side as well. it would be the same thing pretty much but different mount points no?
Sponsored