PDI, Dealer Accessory Problem

sbcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
I would really appreciate the help because I want to be certain that I won't be having any dealer-customer problems as well as car issues.

1) So I've bought the civic a few days ago and when I was just searching around my vehicle, I realized that the PDI (pre delivery inspection) has not been completed by the dealer (#1-9 was completed. #10 was not). Should I be concerned that this has not been done before I received the car?

2) The dealer 'tried'/or made a mistake and added an accessory right before I signed the vehicle costing us 500$ more than the price quoted as an out the door price. I said I had no idea about any accessories added on. So they told me they were going to honor our agreed quote and indeed they did. However, on my receipt (or so called retail installment sale contract), I am still charged for that accessory but did not receive the accessory.

To clear up any confusion for problem #2, my receipt states that I've been charged for a dealer accessory of 200$ and my my subtotal is still the out the door price they had quoted. However, I did not receive this dealer accessory that I've been charged for.

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to deal with all of this once and for all so that I can enjoy my new civic :)
Sponsored

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you didn't ask for it, never got it, and was still charged for it, then definitely go have a talk with them. That's called fraud.

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would really appreciate the help because I want to be certain that I won't be having any dealer-customer problems as well as car issues.

1) So I've bought the civic a few days ago and when I was just searching around my vehicle, I realized that the PDI (pre delivery inspection) has not been completed by the dealer (#1-9 was completed. #10 was not). Should I be concerned that this has not been done before I received the car?

2) The dealer 'tried'/or made a mistake and added an accessory right before I signed the vehicle costing us 500$ more than the price quoted as an out the door price. I said I had no idea about any accessories added on. So they told me they were going to honor our agreed quote and indeed they did. However, on my receipt (or so called retail installment sale contract), I am still charged for that accessory but did not receive the accessory.

To clear up any confusion for problem #2, my receipt states that I've been charged for a dealer accessory of 200$ and my my subtotal is still the out the door price they had quoted. However, I did not receive this dealer accessory that I've been charged for.

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to deal with all of this once and for all so that I can enjoy my new civic :)
The PDI has 15 to 18 steps (depending on trim level)...which ones did they miss?

OP
OP

sbcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
If you didn't ask for it, never got it, and was still charged for it, then definitely go have a talk with them. That's called fraud.
Do I get a refund for that item or are they going to pressure me into adjusting the entire contract to the OTD price?

OP
OP

sbcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
The PDI has 15 to 18 steps (depending on trim level)...which ones did they miss?
I have he coupe LXP. From the looks of it, I don't think it's a big deal anymore. I just didn't understand why they didn't fill it out.

Honda Civic 10th gen PDI, Dealer Accessory Problem 14648913475121586291502

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do I get a refund for that item or are they going to pressure me into adjusting the entire contract to the OTD price?
If it was me, I would ask for a refund. It would probably be alot easier for them to refund instead of redo the paperwork.
Sponsored

Last edited: