Passenger Side Mirror Meets Garage

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey all,

Two and a half years of no issues and my dumb self bent the mirror on my garage door frame.

Thankfully I heard it and stopped before much damage. It folded backwards, put some hairline cracks in the black plastic (bottom and near blinker light) and left some scuffing (near camera assembly). Also seems to have separated the “evenness” by the seam of the back of the mirror and camera housing.

Any idea how much this would cost to repair? Camera and heated mirror are fine, as is paint. Seems just like the bottom black housing.

Other threads said around $115 for labor plus $200-300 parts but the latter seems excessive if it’s just the bottom plastic...unless the whole darn thing needs to come off. I wouldn’t care except this is a lease and I’ll be damned if I get dinged at turn in.

What do you think? Pretty sure Honda gives me a $500 damage waiver and the car is flawless beyond that. Maybe they wouldn’t even catch it? Worth paying or should I deal with it at turn in?

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger Side Mirror Meets Garage 5952BF27-B15C-42AD-9E30-952008311947
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
You can't buy just the bottom plastic. You have to buy the whole mirror body. See if they make aftermarket mirror bodies which are likely to be half the cost of an OEM one, and no one can tell the difference.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
If the mirror isn't broken and Lanewatch still works, I doubt you'd be hit at the end of lease.

Mike Tonge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring in Burgundy Night Pearl. 2018 Civic Si Coupe in Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is so weird guys. What is it with the lane watch camera and “garage door posts?” I did the exact same thing and it really got to me. Then I found all of this info about how expensive it could be to repair plus that camera set up which sounded complicated.
I’m a technical guy so I wasn’t going to let this beat me. The pic below is what I purchased from the stealership and I’m just going to say this, not only did I fit it myself in my garage this morning, I didn’t see the need to rip apart the door panel to do it, so I didn’t.
I looked at the parts and saw that there wasn’t going to be any part of the connection that would “need” to be accessed from the inside of the door panel.
I was on a roll, so I got what I needed to set the camera up “ I’m guessing I can’t talk about that too much” and calibrated the lanewatch camera to finish it off properly.
Let’s just say, I’m very happy to have been able to get this done, and properly, for minimum cost. Now, about these garage door posts
Mike

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger Side Mirror Meets Garage 6C52767E-BB07-4DF2-8E60-494F4ED34FD9

rennielfrancia

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-L 2018
Country flag
HAHAHA! Crap! the same thing happened to me. Due to my slow reflexes, my mirror broke into pieces. My dealer was able to get me just the bottom part and a new glass. Camera still works. The annoying part is that the motor inside or whatever inside it is broken that fails to adjust the mirror angle. :(