First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
bringing this back from the dead...has anyone resolved the tweeter buzzing/rattle? This happens when no music is on.

While I drive around, the tweeters make a buzz/rattle sound. I pushed up against the mesh of the tweeter and it stopped...just curious if anyone has fixed theirs...or am I alone
Sponsored

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I think someone fixed it by replacing the tweeters but...not sure if the tweeter was the problem or if it was the uninstall/reinstall that made it work.

Jaydubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR
Country flag
I've been noticing this too. I've done my own full-blown soundsystem installations before and will take a look to see if I can find the source on mine. I listen to my music LOUD though, usually in the 24-32 volume range.

Alim_N

First Name
Alim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had my CTR for maybe three weeks now and the driver side tweeter rattles like crazy. When I put pressure on the triangle that the tweeter is mounted on, the rattle goes away.

Anyone found out how to stop it? Will Honda deal with this for me under warranty? Thanks!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been noticing this too. I've done my own full-blown soundsystem installations before and will take a look to see if I can find the source on mine. I listen to my music LOUD though, usually in the 24-32 volume range.
I never hear it when the music is on...of course...just when I don't have it on. Just a slight buzz/rattle sound. Drove me nuts for days trying to find it. I kept pushing the pillar and that didn't work, then realized it was the tweeter lol. I may just take it apart and see if I can figure it out. I was hoping not to be the first to try this.

Alim_N

First Name
Alim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never hear it when the music is on...of course...just when I don't have it on. Just a slight buzz/rattle sound. Drove me nuts for days trying to find it. I kept pushing the pillar and that didn't work, then realized it was the tweeter lol. I may just take it apart and see if I can figure it out. I was hoping not to be the first to try this.
Mine's fine with no music, or music lower than 12. So weird. I usually listen to music around 18-24 and it's very rattly anywhere passed 14 or so.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine's fine with no music, or music lower than 12. So weird. I usually listen to music around 18-24 and it's very rattly anywhere passed 14 or so.
yeah this stuff is always interesting how its different for each of us. I went to a car show and another PMM CTR pulled up next to mine...he happened to be car number 749, mine is 750. His CTR was recalled for that wire harness...but not mine, lol...just goes to show you have each car in a different line of assembly can have different issues.

Alim_N

First Name
Alim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah this stuff is always interesting how its different for each of us. I went to a car show and another PMM CTR pulled up next to mine...he happened to be car number 749, mine is 750. His CTR was recalled for that wire harness...but not mine, lol...just goes to show you have each car in a different line of assembly can have different issues.
That is interesting.

Well, I have an Appt on the 29to reinstall my infotainment OS since my speakers randomly stop working and I have to turn the car on and off to get them working again. So I will mention the rattle and see what they can do.

Yesterday I got a flashing red screen of death on my screen when I started the car, and the whole car system just rebooted... My car has a mind if its own. New issue everyday, but at least I don't have any gear grinding yet!

johnnyanalog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #4314, 2020 Crosstrek Limited, 2014 4Runner Trail Premium
Country flag
bringing this back from the dead...has anyone resolved the tweeter buzzing/rattle? This happens when no music is on.

While I drive around, the tweeters make a buzz/rattle sound. I pushed up against the mesh of the tweeter and it stopped...just curious if anyone has fixed theirs...or am I alone
This issue has been driving me crazy lately and I may have found a solution! I was able to make the buzz almost completely go away by wedging a small piece of rubber in the spot I have circled in the attached image. I need to see if I can find something a little thicker (what I used was only about 1/16" thick) to make the door panel piece press harder against the piece the tweeter is mounted in and hopefully it will completely go away. Let me know if that works for anyone else.

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side front Tweeter / driver buzzing IMG_20181211_164536

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This issue has been driving me crazy lately and I may have found a solution! I was able to make the buzz almost completely go away by wedging a small piece of rubber in the spot I have circled in the attached image. I need to see if I can find something a little thicker (what I used was only about 1/16" thick) to make the door panel piece press harder against the piece the tweeter is mounted in and hopefully it will completely go away. Let me know if that works for anyone else.

IMG_20181211_164536.jpg
Nice.

It was driving me crazy again today. I started to think maybe it was that area...makes sense.

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
The problem is that the tweeter is too loose. If you can wiggle it with your fingers it will rattle with music and high revs.

You can fix this by taking out the tweeter, taking off its mounting bracket, and wrapping the inner part (actual tweeter) with electrical tape. This fills the space between the mounting bracket and the tweeter. Interrupt the wrap every time you get to a mounting bracket tab.

Do the same for mounting bracket so that electrical tape fills the space between the mounting bracket and the piece it goes into on the door.

I will upload a youtube video later.

MrBlonde

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had the same problem a month or so back. I brought it into the dealer and they said they changed out the tweeter and I haven't had a problem since.

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type-R, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Bringing this back from the dead, my 2020 has this problem on the passenger side tweeter. Had my wife press it down during drives and the sound goes away.

I just took it off and taped the shit out of it following doctorbee's helpful YT video.

The sound was coming on rough highways, causing me to nearly lose my mind. Hope it fixes it!!

jchen597

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Type R
Country flag
Same thing happened to my rear tweeters and they replaced it at Honda. After those have been replaced, I now hear the same thing in my front tweeters. Seems to be on less smooth roads at higher speeds. Once I hit a smooth patch on the highway, the sound goes away. The tech at Honda couldn't figure it out so I had to drive with him in my car for him to hear it. So
Sponsored