samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Wondering if anyone here parks their CTR outside? I wanted to know if our cars are usual targets for theft or vandalism of any kind in the Bay Area. I will have to park my car outside my complex for a month due to our garage being used as temporary storage.
Sponsored

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I park my car outside and it was vandalized at work.... The area I live in though is pretty good though. I have been parking on the street with no problems. Probably because all the neighbors have cars that are 2x or 3x more expensive than a CTR.

OP
OP
samji

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I park my car outside and it was vandalized at work.... The area I live in though is pretty good though. I have been parking on the street with no problems. Probably because all the neighbors have cars that are 2x or 3x more expensive than a CTR.
Yikes, can you elaborate on what was done to your car? And which city is your work located in if you don't mind me asking?

My experience is that nicer neighborhoods usually get hit a lot more often than some ghetto neighborhoods. I live in the more run down part of Sunnyvale and I actually never ran into any theft or vandalism in my neighborhood in the last 3 years or so I lived here (knock on wood). My gf lives in Tino (maybe half a mile away from Apple HQ) and her complex has gotten a lot of package theft and a few car break ins (though they were mostly Teslas).

OP
OP
samji

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dude, you're in the bay area. Even regular civics get stuff stolen. Get a temporary storage unit.
Yeah I might have to. Last time I checked, they were upwards of 300-400 dollars for a unit that can fit my car so they're quite pricey. But at least I'll have a peace of mind ...

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was there in 2017 and the amount of nice cars and luxury goods there is ridiculous lol
Don't go there now with the 9-month-long protests still going on. I had a good time there in March this year before the chaos and bought my CTR sight-unseen in HK by texting a dealer in the US. Saw a McLaren parked on the street there the first night and a million-dollar (USD) 500 sq-ft apartment is common. Will definitely go back when it calms down.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is the Bay Area that prone to car theft / vandalism? I've parked my CTR outside almost every day without issue over here in the 'burbs of Philly.

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
I wouldn’t worry about theft with these cars. Theft should be the least of your worries. As far as vandalism I am not sure as those things could happen spontaneously at any given area and any given neighborhood. Just recently in the City of Calabasas vandals spray painted and vandalized cars by graffiti. So it’s all a coin toss. Either way I wouldn’t worry about parking the CTR in you area. As you mentioned you have lived there for 3yrs without any issues so there shouldn’t be any issues now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...-calabasas-ruined-overnight-by-vandalism/amp/

b534202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR WRX Legacy Hellcat LC500 GRC
Country flag
Is the Bay Area that prone to car theft / vandalism? I've parked my CTR outside almost every day without issue over here in the 'burbs of Philly.
I don't live there anymore but 20 years ago, the first thing they do to a Honda parked on the street is jack all your Honda badges.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Yikes, can you elaborate on what was done to your car? And which city is your work located in if you don't mind me asking?

My experience is that nicer neighborhoods usually get hit a lot more often than some ghetto neighborhoods. I live in the more run down part of Sunnyvale and I actually never ran into any theft or vandalism in my neighborhood in the last 3 years or so I lived here (knock on wood). My gf lives in Tino (maybe half a mile away from Apple HQ) and her complex has gotten a lot of package theft and a few car break ins (though they were mostly Teslas).
my door was kicked in multiple times and side mirror broken off. I work in union city

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
I was there in 2017 and the amount of nice cars and luxury goods there is ridiculous lol
yeah I was there around then too. Mercedes and Audi’s were like Accords and Camrys here. I’m in the Boston Area so you don’t see exotics but over there I saw Lamborghini’s and McLarens driving around.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
I don't live there anymore but 20 years ago, the first thing they do to a Honda parked on the street is jack all your Honda badges.
That’s what I would worry about first. Random car vandalism happens everywhere to certain degrees but the Red Honda badges are just a butter knife away for a kid with a Civic.

I park in Boston but it’s safe where I am, but stuff can still happen. That’s just a risk with these cars whether it be stolen badges or car accidents. If my badges get stolen, lesson learned but i can’t do anything to protect them anyhow. Can’t lock them down. If someone does steal them I would buy a couple to keep safe and leave them off the car for now.

what I would do is make sure you vary the places you park if you can. Park under a bright street light. Get a dash cam with a blinking light. It might deter someone who otherwise may not want to be filmed.
Sponsored