First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone received this? I went hard on the accelerator from a crawl on the highway and the car went directly into limp mode. Pulled over, turned it off and back on again drives like it did before. Woah! Limp mode is scary. I couldn't tell if I had no drive and the car was coasting or what.
Sponsored

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@KTuner have you come across this code? I'm wondering what I should pull/check. I have P0420 disabled, which I'm guessing could show alongside P061B if a flow issue with a breach or rupture.
@PRL Motorsports how about you? If I need to inspect the cat in my downpipe, is it possible to get a scope in without removing the pipe?
I'll check the air filter and fill with fresh gas with some ring cleaner to boot. But if it doesn't throw again...
I guess I could pull the plugs, get under the car and look for wire harness involvement, and sea foam? I've never touched the MAP. So aside from an unprovoked equipment failure I'm guessing some sensor is dirty. I have to, because another thing that makes sense I don't want to think about is CVT Slip..

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If I recall correctly from the tuning survey, aren't you on a custom tune / E30 setup?

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I recall correctly from the tuning survey, aren't you on a custom tune / E30 setup?
For pleasant months, yes. Thanks for the reminder! We should all be bringing this up to nudge updates out of one another.
Updated : https://www.civicx.com/threads/tune...i-type-r-with-stats.42361/page-15#post-707924
I'm detuned for DD in winter. I continue running an E30 Blend, but still haven't gotten 'setup for ethanol.' Still custom, but conservatively so- BBG and Boost Table Limits/Softening to keep from sudden boost and tire slipping in weather. When this all happened I was in tune 1 /3, which is factory boost levels with the stage 1 rates enabled.

I've just gotten a fresh tank of gas, kicking the tires, and pulling the dipstick. Did some aggressive pulls in tune 1 and 2 /3. Some alongside a corvette and what sounded like a Mustang :yes:
AFR was clinging to stoich at speed and mild to moderate acceleration. Swung between 14.1 and 14.9, and would climb to 29 when coming out of throttle. Nothing to write home about. Temps were nominal. Fuel trim and kcontrol were too.
The car sounded, felt, and responded just fine- as in great. Picked up 3 kcounts through the pulls. Tire screeches sounds on WOT are just as fun.

I'm hoping the crummy patch of road where I was and the odd decel to throttle-jamming caused some funky tire slip that evaded VSA and cause the ecu to throw on behalf of a control module. Fortunately no misfire or detonation codes. Just hoping the throw wasn't on behalf of the TCM. I hear belt slip is like opening a can of Pringles :fear:

The shudder and thud from the CV Axle when putting the car in gear is currently more of a threat.