P0301 Misfire on cylinder 1

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for this, it seems thats why the "Honda tech line" advised my dealer to swap the injectors right away? Maybe this is a known problem that they know about and not us.

In any case, its been a few days now since that bad misfire happened and it's no longer happening anymore. Might have been an anomaly but the car is running fine for now.

Also, as I stated I always use shell 91 or chevron 91. Never anything else.
no problem! As soon as I saw this I thought of you and felt it was very pertinent to this thread. For a second I wondered if it was your car he was talking about then I reread and he was talking about a hatch
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It would be interesting to know if the tech saw the same thing on your injectors. If so, might be worth digging a bit more.

I'm inclined to rule out the tune as I don't think the OTS calibration affects AFRs or timing. But I'm curious if there's a possible link to the increased boost. (I just don't see how.) :dunno:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
It would be interesting to know if the tech saw the same thing on your injectors. If so, might be worth digging a bit more.

I'm inclined to rule out the tune as I don't think the OTS calibration affects AFRs or timing. But I'm curious if there's a possible link to the increased boost. (I just don't see how.) :dunno:
well its misfiring with the factory calibration too

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I should have asked about that. I wonder if they still have the injectors.

Regarding the tune, aren't Hondata tunes known to run rich to be on the safe side? I'm inclined to think that could contribute to the carbon build up so quickly even though I'm using high tier gas

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I should have asked about that. I wonder if they still have the injectors.

Regarding the tune, aren't Hondata tunes known to run rich to be on the safe side? I'm inclined to think that could contribute to the carbon build up so quickly even though I'm using high tier gas
The factory tune runs the richest to be safe for all forms of driving. The off the shelf tune run a little more lean than the Hondas for power and performance, and the custom tunes are most likely the leanest for the most power. If this is a honda issue dealing with running rich, we will see it in far more factory cars than we will tuned cars

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I'm at a loss. If the injectors really did get clogged up even after using quality gas all the time (something I swear by and never skimp on regardless of price) and using the occasional fuel system cleaner, then this is honestly a major underlying issue that someone is going to be running into and it's going to be a huge pain in the ass to fix/replace without warranty. No matter what kind of fuel you put in, this will be the end result anyway. And even at 30,000 miles (or 38,000 like @dallasjhawk 's hatch post) I feel like thats far too young for a car to have carbon build up issues.

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a small update, ever since I reflashed my tune after that error, my car hasn't misfired or felt bad since then and is running normal, including the datalogs. I'm going to write this off as an anomaly and hope it doesn't come back again.

coreyw2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I just threw the same engine code today. I'm going to call my dealer in the morning and get it in - headed on a long trip in a couple weeks and I need my wheels! Syntek, did you get any other errors or lights when you got your error? When my engine light came on I got errors for the brake system, power steering system, and all of my sensing features were apparently not functioning. I'm at 33000kms, which is about 20000 miles. Seems really weird to me that these unrelated systems were sending in errors. I drove the car on the highway for an hour and both the power steering and brake systems work, but my sensing features wouldn't activate. 1.5 '16 sedan.

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just threw the same engine code today. I'm going to call my dealer in the morning and get it in - headed on a long trip in a couple weeks and I need my wheels! Syntek, did you get any other errors or lights when you got your error? When my engine light came on I got errors for the brake system, power steering system, and all of my sensing features were apparently not functioning. I'm at 33000kms, which is about 20000 miles. Seems really weird to me that these unrelated systems were sending in errors. I drove the car on the highway for an hour and both the power steering and brake systems work, but my sensing features wouldn't activate. 1.5 '16 sedan.

Yes, my parking hold, hills start, traction control, brake problem. Basically everything went off when my CEL came on. I'm wondering if it's a software error when a CEL comes on that everything else errors out too.

coreyw2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
That's what I kinda thought too. Seems like an odd oversight on Honda's part though... If I have an engine light on I don't need a bunch of notifications and disabled options

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
are you tuned or stock?
Sponsored