Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They want me to email the receipt once I get it. My service adviser was kind enough to show me all the snapshots and their data logs. Everything came back normal for the injectors and they had first assumed it was either the block or a software problem. They sent everything over to Honda and Honda advised to swap the injectors even though they looked normal. Interesting how they knew the problem as if this had happened before. I'll keep an eye out on things and hope it was a faulty part only.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
They want me to email the receipt once I get it. My service adviser was kind enough to show me all the snapshots and their data logs. Everything came back normal for the injectors and they had first assumed it was either the block or a software problem. They sent everything over to Honda and Honda advised to swap the injectors even though they looked normal. Interesting how they knew the problem as if this had happened before. I'll keep an eye out on things and hope it was a faulty part only.
I always been curious about what people mean when they send it over to "Honda"

Do they send it over the details to Honda in Japan and then a person who worked on making the engine takes a look at whats wrong?

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always been curious about what people mean when they send it over to "Honda"

Do they send it over the details to Honda in Japan and then a person who worked on making the engine takes a look at whats wrong?

Not sure if it's Japan but I read the notes and they pretty much called a "tech support" line and got help diagnosing it from there.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Not sure if it's Japan but I read the notes and they pretty much called a "tech support" line and got help diagnosing it from there.
This more goes to show that Mechanics at many dealerships are considered low duty nowadays. Gone are the days where a mechanic can build, spec, blue print, time carbs, and most importantly troubleshoot an issue with readily available technician books. Low duty meaning parts swappers. There's usually only 1 guy in a dealership that can do all but doesn't bother because it doesn't pay well when you're working against the black book.

There was only one guy that has impressed me with his ability to trouble shoot a 1998 BMW electrical system at a dealership; that only sells plug and play cars nowdays. He answered everything correctly and was able to diagnose it properly. Needless to say he was the shop foreman. The good mechanics are not turning wrenches but managing and stepping in when push comes to shove.

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know what the duty cycle is for our injectors from the factory or their flow limits? Curious if they are running over 80% when running any form of tune.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Does anyone know what the duty cycle is for our injectors from the factory or their flow limits? Curious if they are running over 80% when running any form of tune.
factory is around 28%
direct injection is different on the calculation.

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reporting back. Car is running superb and idles as it should especially on cold starts. Glad to see they fixed this issue and turned out to be a dud injector. I'm going to update the OP to reflect the solution Incase anyone has similar issues.

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aaaaand we're back. Cylinder 3 this time Honda Civic 10th gen P0301 Misfire on cylinder 1 Screenshot_20170902-104323

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow bad luck man. Did they replace all the injectors last week?
I'm assuming they did. The part number listed says it's a set. I'll ask on Tuesday

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm assuming they did. The part number listed says it's a set. I'll ask on Tuesday
we know what "assume" means lol. Gosh this sucks man, good luck Tuesday

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reflashed the tune yesterday and fired my car up at night and today just now.

Didn't misfire at all last night or this morning. :what:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reflashed the tune yesterday and fired my car up at night and today just now.

Didn't misfire at all last night or this morning. :what:
CHeck this out... may pertain to you....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/142.../?fref=gc&dti=667923043325791&hc_location=ufi

Ill post the post here too in case the group is private.....

Thought I would share.

Many of you know I am a 15 year Honda master technician. Today I was working on a 2017 civc hatch with over 38k on the odometer!

Had a very bad missfire. (Check engine light) most of it was in cylinder 3 but 2 was acting up too. Did the basic swap coils and plugs to eliminate spark plugs coils exc. no change.

Broke out the compression tester. 240 across all 4 cylinders. But a cylinder leakdown test showed cylinder 3 leaking 20%!

I pulled the valve cover off and checked the valve adjustment. Right away I found one exhaust valve on cylinder 3 very tight, causing the valve to hang open hence the leak.

Figured that was it. Put it back together retested and zero leakdown on cylinder 3.

Fired it up. STILL HAVE A BAD MISSFIRE IN 2 and 3!!!

Next step was to swap injectors. Since the 1.5 turbo motor is direct injected, and the car still under power train warrenty, I ordered a set of injectors and the required gaskets and feed pipe.

Installed them and why do you know. Fixed the car. Runs very smooth now.

If you look at the pictures it appears excessive carbon buildup on the heads of the injectors caused a odd spray pattern or clogged the injector.

Direct injectors bolt into the cylinder head. Not into the intake manifold like normal injectors. This way you get gas directly into the cylinder. The injectors operate and a very high pdi since it has to overcome combustion pressures. Add a turbo and it gets high! Hence the loud injector sounds.

I don’t know what type of gas this customer was using but I do recc using only premium gas and run quality gas.

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CHeck this out... may pertain to you....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/142.../?fref=gc&dti=667923043325791&hc_location=ufi

Ill post the post here too in case the group is private.....

Thought I would share.

Many of you know I am a 15 year Honda master technician. Today I was working on a 2017 civc hatch with over 38k on the odometer!

Had a very bad missfire. (Check engine light) most of it was in cylinder 3 but 2 was acting up too. Did the basic swap coils and plugs to eliminate spark plugs coils exc. no change.

Broke out the compression tester. 240 across all 4 cylinders. But a cylinder leakdown test showed cylinder 3 leaking 20%!

I pulled the valve cover off and checked the valve adjustment. Right away I found one exhaust valve on cylinder 3 very tight, causing the valve to hang open hence the leak.

Figured that was it. Put it back together retested and zero leakdown on cylinder 3.

Fired it up. STILL HAVE A BAD MISSFIRE IN 2 and 3!!!

Next step was to swap injectors. Since the 1.5 turbo motor is direct injected, and the car still under power train warrenty, I ordered a set of injectors and the required gaskets and feed pipe.

Installed them and why do you know. Fixed the car. Runs very smooth now.

If you look at the pictures it appears excessive carbon buildup on the heads of the injectors caused a odd spray pattern or clogged the injector.

Direct injectors bolt into the cylinder head. Not into the intake manifold like normal injectors. This way you get gas directly into the cylinder. The injectors operate and a very high pdi since it has to overcome combustion pressures. Add a turbo and it gets high! Hence the loud injector sounds.

I don’t know what type of gas this customer was using but I do recc using only premium gas and run quality gas.
Thanks for this, it seems thats why the "Honda tech line" advised my dealer to swap the injectors right away? Maybe this is a known problem that they know about and not us.

In any case, its been a few days now since that bad misfire happened and it's no longer happening anymore. Might have been an anomaly but the car is running fine for now.

Also, as I stated I always use shell 91 or chevron 91. Never anything else.
Sponsored