P0035 on 16 Civic Touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring, 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone. Just like the title says,I have a P0035 code. I have a 16 civic touring with about 67k miles on it. I’ve been tuned on Ktuner 16.5/21 tune for about 6 months now. I was driving on the highway one day, cruising at about 85-90, and BOOM the light goes on, car can’t hit boost, all the warning lights come on. I pull over to a gas station and I was able to clear the code. Went away for about 2-3 days and it came back on again. I can clear it and the car will drive like normal for that one drive but will come back the next time I either turn the car or just barely get into boost, no specific condition is needed for the code, once it came on when I was barely pulling out of my neighborhood at about 10mph. Other times I can make it a few miles before it comes on. I’ve looked on the forums here(nobody seems to have a clear answer on what their fix was) and have noticed some specific wire harness locations that are prone to breaking, I’ve checked my connections and harnesses, they seem to be okay. At least from what I can see. Anyone have any clue as to what it might be? I’m thinking it’s the boost solenoid that’s bolted to the turbo assembly but cannot find a proper way to test it since it works just fine when I clear the code. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mods on the car are PRL catted downpipe, Stage 1 PRL filter and intake, Two step performance Flex fuel kit, Ktuner V2.
Sponsored

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Other checks would be the Bypass Valve. Check the small hose and the unit itself. Not an expensive part BTW. Maybe consider an after market version for a better release.???

OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hose to the valve is good. Aftermarket bov?? I’ve heard not so good things

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven’t seen too many aftermarket bypass valves tbh

Enday24si

First Name
Ayinde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Hey everyone. Just like the title says,I have a P0035 code. I have a 16 civic touring with about 67k miles on it. I’ve been tuned on Ktuner 16.5/21 tune for about 6 months now. I was driving on the highway one day, cruising at about 85-90, and BOOM the light goes on, car can’t hit boost, all the warning lights come on. I pull over to a gas station and I was able to clear the code. Went away for about 2-3 days and it came back on again. I can clear it and the car will drive like normal for that one drive but will come back the next time I either turn the car or just barely get into boost, no specific condition is needed for the code, once it came on when I was barely pulling out of my neighborhood at about 10mph. Other times I can make it a few miles before it comes on. I’ve looked on the forums here(nobody seems to have a clear answer on what their fix was) and have noticed some specific wire harness locations that are prone to breaking, I’ve checked my connections and harnesses, they seem to be okay. At least from what I can see. Anyone have any clue as to what it might be? I’m thinking it’s the boost solenoid that’s bolted to the turbo assembly but cannot find a proper way to test it since it works just fine when I clear the code. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mods on the car are PRL catted downpipe, Stage 1 PRL filter and intake, Two step performance Flex fuel kit, Ktuner V2.

Enday24si

First Name
Ayinde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag

Honda Civic 10th gen P0035 on 16 Civic Touring 3BED545A-6B0A-4741-8276-335EED74864E

Enday24si

First Name
Ayinde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
The green wire is the problem for code p0035 it looks intact from the outside but inside the wire isn’t connected and is giving boost shortage cut it make the wires connect and you’ll be fine

rollerchester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CIvic LX 2016
Country flag
The green wire is the problem for code p0035 it looks intact from the outside but inside the wire isn’t connected and is giving boost shortage cut it make the wires connect and you’ll be fine
I'm having this problem as of now. Apparently reflashing my car takes away the error for couple of hours and then comes back. What exactly did you do?

rollerchester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CIvic LX 2016
Country flag