Owners of the first batch of CTRs, how's your alcantara holding up?

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
So I've been trying to be super careful about not leaning on any of the interior trim on my R but it annoys me that all the high-wear areas are covered in the least durable and most difficult to maintain material of all time. Even the seats! My old Integra Type R's alcantara wore down to this ugly shiny finish pretty quickly and the CTR has acres more of it and exactly where I like to place all my body parts.

So how's y'all's interiors looking after half a year? Any tips to share on upkeep? I make sure to regularly wipe down every other surface with detailer but I can't figure out anything else to do with the fuzzy stuff except vacuuming.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Mine seems fine, i stopped caring about it after a while still looks great.. i mean its only been a few months.. if it wears bad enough that it bugs me ill just buy it from honda and install new one.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
If it starts to flatten down, use a plastic bristle shoe brush to gently lift it back up. Did this with my old Recaros and USDM ITR seats.

vanovem1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2007 Honda Civic Si
Bought on June 15, still holding up well. 5,500 miles

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
got my ctr June 17th 2017 and it's interior is holding up well i have 7100 miles now ., when i vacuum the car's interior including doors and arm rest of the door i use the brush tip accessory ., i brush the interior and it helps a lot especially the doors arm rest stands the fabric back up .

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
The place I'm most worried about is the arm area. My arm is always on it. Wear is inevitable though. :popcorn:

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Had my ITR for ten years and had no wear on my seats, arm rest etc. If there is an issue, it's because you're rubbing on it.
If that's the case, get a car seat cover if you want to preserve the alcantara.

OP
OP
shihabp79

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Come on, no duh it's because a body part is rubbing on it. It doesn't magically wear down. Most of the wear was on the small center console cover that had the numbered plaque, not the seats, anyways.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
me too...bought first week of July and still holding up really good :)...although, I am considering interior nano coating now...:p
Any specific product you were looking at using? Was considering Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric myself.

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Come on, no duh it's because a body part is rubbing on it. It doesn't magically wear down. Most of the wear was on the small center console cover that had the numbered plaque, not the seats, anyways.
If you know that much, why is this an issue?

romulanvox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord CL7A JDM
Country flag
Holding up really well, bought first week of July. 6,500 miles on the odometer.
jonnystyperenterior2.jpg
Luuuuvvv that Alcantara wrapped steering wheel :spaz:
How much did it cost and how long did it take?

Did the shop remove the original leather or did they wrapped the Alcantara over it?

I would have done the shift boot too, and maybe the dash if it doesn't break the bank.
Sponsored

Last edited: