First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo, 2003 350z, 1998 CRV, 2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why did you purchase your current vehicle? was it special features, safety, time for an upgrade? or because you are an automotive enthusiast and the car was appealing to you or is/was your "dream car?" Or both?

I have been active in the automotive industry for quite a few years now. I enjoy hosting car shows/meets, attending track/autocross events, tinkering with the mechanic side of things. I was a mechanic for a few years but working on cars every day really took away from my hobby, I more so enjoy the customer service part of things and sharing my knowledge and experience with others. I would consider myself both owner/enthusiast for I have always put deep thought and dedication into my next car purchase/project.

It's always interesting to hear why others have purchased the car(s) they have, whether its just a way of transportation to them or has a meaningful story behind it.
Sponsored

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Much more than transportation...
I had a Mini Cooper Coupe S. Only made four years, a two seater. 88K miles. Wanted something with luxury but affordable. I run lots of miles and that kills having a luxury car. I looked at Cadillac, Mercedes (CLA), BMW. I could afford more car as professional CPA but I am also like most accountants cheap. The Hatchback Touring was stylish like my Mini but huge. The options wonderful...
Auto Dimming Headlights
Power Seats (No memory but I am the only one in the car)
Heated Mirrors (That work)
Heated Seats
Leather (I would go for fake leather but NEVER cloth)
Gas Mileage 37 mpg
Navigation
Adaptive Cruise Control
Auto Lock (Walk away feature)
Many other nice safety features too. LKAS and such.

I tend to be OCD about my car. Clean and detail it. No crumbs on the floor. After 10 hour days it is my sanctuary to relax. Because of high mileage I trade every 5 years. Maybe not this one? What are my hopes? Not having 2K repair bills all the time! And service done where the car is returned clean or I will trade to find a dealer and car that does not return the car full of grease.

Want more PM me. Car has 2500 miles. So far so good. Compared to the Mini I might save on dental bills. Rides like a Cadillac. Mini, God help us all. Like a go cart.

Last edited: