First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great to see! It's actually with respect to several Civics: sport hatch, Si, and Type R. The Accord also made it on there. Really good look for Honda considering some of the price points in that list.

Also, the writer had this to say about the sport hatch :D
And it's as entertaining as a bathtub full of otters.

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice! I can't really argue against anything on this list, which I haven't always said. Good to see Honda with two on the list. Also, happy to see the M2 and 718 on there, two cars I've always had a dream of owning someday.

OP
OP
Captaindicki

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
For Honda it’s a repeat success from last years 10 Best with those 3 Civics and Accord. For the Si to make it on that list again just validates what I’ve always thought of it since the day I took ownership of mine back in April. You know it’s a special car the moment you put it into gear and drive off. Can’t see myself parting with this Si ever, and I will be keeping this thing stock except for some additional minor chassis bracing

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
The civic SI doesn’t outclass any competitor in the category (except maybe for the handling) but the overall value for the price makes it a winner.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
The civic SI doesn’t outclass any competitor in the category (except maybe for the handling) but the overall value for the price makes it a winner.
It definitely outclasses the Focus ST in every way except for straight line speed. Quality, price, handling, chassis, ergonomics, braking, putting power down, balance/stability, comfort, sportiness, steering feel, fun factor, I can go on and on. Same can be said about the Elantra Sport also being outclassed, in fact its only real competitor in its class is the GTI and maybe WRX and it still delivers better on most of those things I listed.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
It definitely outclasses the Focus ST in every way except for straight line speed. Quality, price, handling, chassis, ergonomics, braking, putting power down, balance/stability, comfort, sportiness, steering feel, fun factor, I can go on and on. Same can be said about the Elantra Sport also being outclassed, in fact its only real competitor in its class is the GTI and maybe WRX and it still delivers better on most of those things I listed.
It outclasses 100 percent the VW GTi in this aspect: it will outlast it, which makes it better than the GTI. As a former VW enthusiast I have owned several VW's including the GTI. They drive and handle great, are fast and fun, but they are constantly plagued by problems. Everything from heating issues, cracked radiators (they are made out of plastic), excess oil consumption, failing components, burned relays, I could go on and on. Everyday when I would head out the house I would ask myself, is it going to start today? Repairs on these cars were expensive, so I had to find an independent VW shop and let me tell you, I became friends with the mechanic pretty fast, as my cars were always in his shop!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it traded paces with the Camry then it wouldn't be 33 years in a row, unless you mean it traded places over 33 years ago.
No, what I was saying is that the Accord and Camry have been trading places with each other for the top spot for years, I am not referring to Car & Drivers top 10, but among the other various auto publications. Camry is in the top 10 best selling cars and trades with the Accord year to year, although both are starting to lose out to Trucks, SUV's and crossovers

Last edited:

Sal Bandini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
No, what I was saying is that the Accord and Camry have been trading places with each other for the top spot for years, I am not referring to Car & Drivers top 10, but among the other various auto publications. Camry is in the top 10 best selling cars and trades with the Accord year to year, although both are starting to lose out to Trucks, SUV's and crossovers
Agreed on that point. Either car is a great choice if you are looking for a sedan.
Sponsored