cae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grom
Funny you mention the GTI. It's been a slow seller, and with the VW diesel scandal, I can see dealers giving huge incentives. That said, the Civic Si will be very special. I don't even mind if it doesn't have LEDs or comes with a 1.5 turbo, as long as there's a limited-slip diff and decent torque.
I'm hoping it slots somewhere between the Fiesta ST & the GTI, with the best bits of both ideally. The 9th gen was nice, but I didn't care much for the coupe or the sedan aesthetically. I've liked everything I've seen from the 10th gen, though. These renders are such a tease!
Sponsored

SRASC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SiR
Country flag
Honda sort of has this thing going with putting more attention on coupes getting more styling vs the sedans. Continues with the 10th gen Civic but not drastic as in recent years.

Agree though that the tail lights should be the same for coupes & sedans

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Very nice. Love the grille! It would be neat on the Si models to black out the chrome window strip as well. I personally don't mind it, but I think it would fit the Sport image nicely.

Also, considering every 10th gen Civic has two mufflers, I'd say it's a given that the Si will have dual exhaust tips.

Not so much a given that it will have LED headlights - but Honda would be wise to make it an option. Owners are going to be spending a lot of money upgrading to them anyhow - might as well make it easy for them!

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
Amazing looking versions here. I bet it's not far off from the real thing considering these were based on prototype pics mixed with the concept car.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Great job with the renders, gives us something new to dream about until the reveal anyway right? Now, how about some Si sedan renders, what do we expect there? I'd also assume projector headlights on the Si as they will be trying keep the cost down i hope. Neutered 2.0 please.

My biggest fear is the pricing, I'm in at the current prices and I know there will be some price creep, as long as it is price creep and not price jump then I'll be okay. If it jumps too much there are so many other options. A huge part of the attractino for me is the affordable bang for the buck in the Si so I hope that remains true in this new model.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Good job guys cranking out the best Civic renders... they're always wallpaper material. Don't think the rear diffuser will be that aggressive and don't think we'll see Brembo brakes on the Si. But I hope Honda is looking at these and thinking we have to put out a rear wing like that! :love:

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
Honda sort of has this thing going with putting more attention on coupes getting more styling vs the sedans. Continues with the 10th gen Civic but not drastic as in recent years.

Agree though that the tail lights should be the same for coupes & sedans
Already if you compare the the coupe concept to the revealed sedan it's clear the coupe will get the sportier styling which is expected because it's a coupe. But the overall styling bar was raised with this generation. The 9th gen looks completely dowdy compared so far, especially if you're comparing sedans. And if the Si turns out close to this beauty and you put it next to the 9th gen coupe, it'd probably make that look dowdy too.

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
Very nice. Love the grille! It would be neat on the Si models to black out the chrome window strip as well. I personally don't mind it, but I think it would fit the Sport image nicely.
Agreed. Current Si has black window trim paired with the black grille. If new one gets black grille we can probably expect black window trim too.

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2019 Touring PWP Coupe
Country flag
HOLY MOLY that white one is mine!!!!! level of want is very very high........ amazing looking if its even close to that im dropping my '12 and getting that in a heartbeat

Red Traveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Want NOW! So lifelike I can almost smell the leather! Awesome work.

I noticed a single tail pipe. Any reason for this and anyone expecting the Si to get the triple tail pipes like in the spy photos?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great job with the renders, gives us something new to dream about until the reveal anyway right? Now, how about some Si sedan renders, what do we expect there? I'd also assume projector headlights on the Si as they will be trying keep the cost down i hope. Neutered 2.0 please.

My biggest fear is the pricing, I'm in at the current prices and I know there will be some price creep, as long as it is price creep and not price jump then I'll be okay. If it jumps too much there are so many other options. A huge part of the attractino for me is the affordable bang for the buck in the Si so I hope that remains true in this new model.
Given the info we have about the EX only going up $200 dollars from the current i think it's safe to say the Si will retain its affordability.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Want NOW! So lifelike I can almost smell the leather! Awesome work.

I noticed a single tail pipe. Any reason for this and anyone expecting the Si to get the triple tail pipes like in the spy photos?
I think the triple tail pipes were more related to the Type R than the Si.. not sure the Si makes enough power to need 3 pipes. Most likely will have dual exhaust though since the 1.5T has them.

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Flat out stunning renders.

I think the triple tail pipes were more related to the Type R than the Si.. not sure the Si makes enough power to need 3 pipes. Most likely will have dual exhaust though since the 1.5T has them.
I think it'll have dual pipes too. But it actually only needs one pipe for its single-outlet exhaust manifold.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
If for no other reason than aesthetics, it should get dual pipes. Absolutely beautiful images by the way - really tastefully done that adds just enough performance/aero parts without threatening the Type R in any way. No doubt this would sell like hotcakes if they build it just like this.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
I'm not even sure any of the models will get 3 pipes. That definitely just looked like part testing and not a final design. Especially with all the other mismatched parts going on on that mule.
Sponsored