Ouch... poor Type R in NJ

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
My friend was in Edison NJ on Business and sent me this pic from his hotel room. I feel bad for the owner. Hopefully not too much damage was done to the car while they stole the wheels. Looks like the jack stand was put in a bad spot.
Honda Civic 10th gen Ouch... poor Type R in NJ IMG_1970[1]
Sponsored

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
wheel-locks. Duh!
Are you serious? Wheel locks don't prevent this shit.

What's stupid is that these wheels are really only good on a Type R. 5x120 means no other Civic can use them and the aggressive offset means no other car would want them. This is the 2nd Type R I've seen like this

https://i.imgur.com/78DaCGz.jpg

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you serious? Wheel locks don't prevent this shit.

What's stupid is that these wheels are really only good on a Type R. 5x120 means no other Civic can use them and the aggressive offset means no other car would want them. This is the 2nd Type R I've seen like this

https://i.imgur.com/78DaCGz.jpg
Saw that other one on Reddit the other day, the owner was from MD. The entire DC area has had, for years, a slew of similar incidents like this where they steal Civic and Accord rims and airbags, regardless of trim.

People think they're safe just because they're in a decent neighborhood. Nope. Entire "luxury" apartment complexes, gated/garaged included, will get hit overnight, sometimes upwards of a dozen in one night. Sad, but true. And you're right, wheel locks aren't deterrents for these guys, they only hit Hondas so they have all the tools they need. They're lucky if the car's even left up on cinder blocks, much less a milk crate.

Type R just nets them a bigger cash grab.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw that other one on Reddit the other day, the owner was from MD. The entire DC area has had, for years, a slew of similar incidents like this where they steal Civic and Accord rims and airbags, regardless of trim.

People think they're safe just because they're in a decent neighborhood. Nope. Entire "luxury" apartment complexes, gated/garaged included, will get hit overnight, sometimes upwards of a dozen in one night. Sad, but true. And you're right, wheel locks aren't deterrents for these guys, they only hit Hondas so they have all the tools they need. They're lucky if the car's even left up on cinder blocks, much less a milk crate.

Type R just nets them a bigger cash grab.
I had a 89 civic with 13" steelies on it as a beater car... they stole the wheels on the passenger side and set it on a rock. My mint RX8 with 3500 dollar wheels on in was parked to the left of it... they didnt even touch it ha. Thieves are so weird.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
My sister and brother-in-law live on a golf course in a Detroit suburb and one morning he came out to his Ford Taurus SHO on blocks with no wheels. I thought it was the funniest shit ever.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
The past few months near Detroit, people are breaking into car factories at night. They stole 6-12(can't remember exact number) new Ram trucks and new Hellcat's. With all the modern tech, there should be a solution to prevent wheel and car theft, that comes standard.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
While I definitely feel bad for the owner, the thieves played themselves with stealing these wheels. Those 20'' wheels are pretty much impossible to fit or will be unwanted on majority of cars out there so I can't see them getting a lot of buyers for it besides existing CTR owners. Hopefully the car is okay though.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I definitely feel bad for the owner, the thieves played themselves with stealing these wheels. Those 20'' wheels are pretty much impossible to fit or will be unwanted on majority of cars out there so I can't see them getting a lot of buyers for it besides existing CTR owners. Hopefully the car is okay though.
They fit any 10th gen with a lug adapter/spacer in fact several people have them on their Si's. I'm sure they will sell just fine.

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is why I prefer to park with as much around me as possible... yes you can get door dings and maybe even the really bad person hitting you pulling in or pulling out but thieves usually won’t want to be where someone could easily walk up near them and see them in the act.

Regardless, this trend sucks and I feel bad for the RR CTR in the OP.

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just hope this will not be follow trend like 00 SI, Integras and S2000 where seats, engine and other stuff get stolen. :bat:

Morning Mahogany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type-R
Country flag
Second RR in this condition I’ve seen this week. Other one was local...stolen, stripped, and dumped in the hills.

To those who think the market for these wheels is too exclusive to unload so easily...Try listing a set for $1000. Everything sells at the right price.
Sponsored