Jonno426

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Has anyone seriously considered getting the rear wheel "e-nitrous" kit from Orbis for $10k? It looks like it adds +50 Hp and 70 lb-ft of torque per rear wheel. The tests at Motortrend have shown it decreases 0-60 times down to 4.4 seconds but the main issue was there was no clutch to disengage the rear drive and so the 1/4 mile test was aborted. I haven't seen any updates but they would have had to solve that known issue before offering this up to the public.

It seems like a sweet upgrade for acceleration and possibly MPGe but mainly alleviating the known traction issues in the Type R.

Sources:

https://orbisdriven.com/honda-civic-type-r/

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/honda/civic/2018/orbis-honda-civic-type-r-awd-review/
Sponsored

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I think it is a tough sell even at half that price. It is a bastardization at best IMO.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I think it is a tough sell even at half that price. It is a bastardization at best IMO.
x2, search this it’s been brought up 1000x

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Looks sooo ugly I wouldn’t get it if it was free!

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nope, they even give a warning on the website that this shit won't last long lol

Might as well wait to see if Honda brings out an AWD version of Type R then trade it in, if not there'd be a lot more options out for this platform by then anyway
Sponsored