Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
After washing my car today, I noticed that I have orange spots all over the place. I spent $500 dollars on nano cure to protect from these things. Would a clay bar treatment remove these orange spots? What should I do?
Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Orange spots all over (resolved) 20200317_175023
Sponsored

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
After washing my car today, I noticed that I have orange spots all over the place. I spent $500 dollars on nano cure to protect from these things. Would a clay bar treatment remove these orange spots? What should I do?
Thanks

20200317_175023.jpg
It’s called “rail dust,” but it’s really just oxidized metallic debris (brake dust, etc) on the road that dries onto the car usually after a rain storm or similar event.

Go to an auto parts store (or wherever you prefer), and buy a clay bar kit. Usually Meguiar’s or Mother’s sells a kit for about $15-20. You simply spray the area with the included product (detailing spray), and gently go over the spots with a small piece of the clay bar. It will remove the oxidized particle easily in 4-5 passes. Wipe the area with the detailing spray to clean the surface. Don’t press hard on the clay, and keep the area wet. Directions for usage are also explained on the packaging.

Honda Civic 10th gen Orange spots all over (resolved) pcD8ZY7

Honda Civic 10th gen Orange spots all over (resolved) lAyodcX

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I actually just had some Iron X delivered today from Amazon. I noticed the same spots on my WOP sedan and came upon Iron X as the recommended solution when looking up what it was.

I haven't used it yet, but the videos I've seen, show that it will work great even without following up with a clay bar (though, a clay bar treatment wouldn't hurt, of course).

I've had white vehicles before and have never noticed this happening with them. I wonder if there's just some paints/clearcoats that are just more prone to it?

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just as a heads up...Iron X smells like a mixture of sewage and hair salon.

giphy.gif

Don't open it in the house. Learn from my mistake. Lol.
Your gif choice is top tier, good sir.

I also have a shit ton of these spots and I thought they were chips in the paint already beginning to rust. 20k miles in 6 months leaves a lot of opportunity for these little "rail dust" spots. Glad I came across this thread!

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Thanks

20200317_175023.jpg
Wax alone will sometimes take them off. If not clay then wax and keep it waxed and you won't get them again.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The carpro iron remover works great also synthetic claybar works good too ( clayzilla by surf city garage) and mother’s has one too

OP
OP
Annexed

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Wax alone will sometimes take them off. If not clay then wax and keep it waxed and you won't get them again.
Well wasn't the nano-cure supposed to protect against this stuff? That's why I'm a bit confused

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Just as a heads up...Iron X smells like a mixture of sewage and hair salon.

giphy.gif

Don't open it in the house. Learn from my mistake. Lol.
:lol:
Yeah sure it stinks, but it's a miracle compound which, besides cleaning car wheels or paint, can also curl hair, depilate a pig (or human) skin, and cure pimples.:thumbsup:

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Well wasn't the nano-cure supposed to protect against this stuff? That's why I'm a bit confused
Like myself you live up north with a ton of salt on the roads. That's what is causing it to happen. Try to wax it about every 6-8 weeks and as late in the fall as you can before the snow fly's. I usually way twice in late Oct, Nov and never have any problems anymore.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car is coated with N-xtc which was over $1000 .And it still gets these little spots .Just use iron x or similar products every 2 -3 months it gets rid of them.
The coating protects the paint and helps to get dirt of more easily,but it doesn't prevent dirt or metal particles to completely not stick onto the coating.There always Will be some that Will stick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Annexed

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
My car is coated with N-xtc which was over $1000 .And it still gets these little spots .Just use iron x or similar products every 2 -3 months it gets rid of them.
The coating protects the paint and helps to get dirt of more easily,but it doesn't prevent dirt or metal particles to completely not stick onto the coating.There always Will be some that Will stick.
Will the Iron X will remove the ceramic coating?

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Will the Iron X will remove the ceramic coating?
That’s a good question. I have looked for some official statement on their site about its compatibility on ceramic coatings but I could not find one. You may have to email their support team and ask them about the interaction.

This is their site: https://cqfinest.com/maintenance/carpro-iron-x/
Sponsored