Shayan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

So I messed up today, when leaving my underground condominuim parking, I am parked beside a pillar. When leaving I turned to close to the pillar. And so it scratch the right side back door area, near the end of it and after. I attached a picture below for you guys to see the damage. I am driving a 2017 Civic EX-T. Do you know what the best options would be for me to fix it? Is it covered under warranty by the dealership, should I use the touch up pen although it seems like too big of a job for that. Or if I have to get it repaired do you know how much it will cost? any recommendations to where I can go ( I am in Greater Toronto Area)?

Thanks for your help

Honda Civic 10th gen Options for Paint Repair on Back Right Side Door Area C94752FE-8918-47C8-8C13-48430A11B968
Sponsored

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Door can probably polished out to a certain extent. Fender - 99% needs to be re-sprayed. White stuff, is that a paint transfer or scratches are deep all the way down to the primer? can you catch them with a nail?
Warranty has nothing to do with the damage. You may want to use your insurance.

OP
OP

shayansiddiqi3

ssiddiqi3
First Name
Shayan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Door can probably polished out to a certain extent. Fender - 99% needs to be re-sprayed. White stuff, is that a paint transfer or scratches are deep all the way down to the primer? can you catch them with a nail?
Warranty has nothing to do with the damage. You may want to use your insurance.
I believe it is all the way down to the primer. Insurance I asked but they said won't cover normal wear and tear, so not sure how I can go through them.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can try touch up paint, but it will still be noticeable. Only real way to fix it is to take it to a body shop and have them repaint it.

I did the same thing, with similar damage, wasn't paying attention and scraped a corner in my underground parking. Cost me $1500 to fix the sheet metal and repaint/reclear. Now you can't tell the difference. I used Vaughan Fine Touch Auto Collision at Jane & Rutherford in Vaughan (close to Vaughan Mills).

They removed all the door/window trim and painted from the rear quarter panel to half way past the door (coupe), top to bottom, to blend in with the existing. I have pearl paint which was more difficult to match (possibly more expensive), and I believe he said they use PPG paint.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I believe it is all the way down to the primer. Insurance I asked but they said won't cover normal wear and tear, so not sure how I can go through them.
It's hardly "wear and tear" .. You have had an "AT FAULT - COLLISION ACCIDENT with a Post.!! (Your Fault - Not the Post's fault .. it did not drive into you !!) :doh:

Nothing "Normal wear and tear" about a "COLLISION ACCIDENT" (unless you are a Crash Test Dummy)

Honda Civic 10th gen Options for Paint Repair on Back Right Side Door Area crash-dummies-cartoon-art-records-crash-test-dummies-cartoon

"Normal wear and tear" is like worn down tires,, your Insurance company is NOT going to buy you a new set of tires, because you wore your old ones down with "Normal Wear and Tear", or pay for your Oil Change, because the oil has "worn out" from normal usage. etc etc

Did you damage the post ? If so, you may be liable for it's repair as well.
Highly unlikely, but if you were, your insurance should cover that.

As far as the car is concerned, I cannot believe that you do not have COMPREHENSIVE insurance for your new car, so after the deductible, Insurance should pay for that COLLISION damage.

However, you "may" end up paying for it in the long run, if your Insurance Company puts up your rates, because of the "ACCIDENT" -- or you lose any "No Accident Claims" discounts.

see
https://www.carinsurance.com/how-much-does-insurance-go-up-after-accident.aspx

If you don't do anything to (at least temporarily) fix it, and the scratch is down to the bare metal, it will soon start to rust, and then any repair gets significantly more complex ( and expensive).

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ouch.
That’ll be $1500 easy.
Re-level the panels and blend over the entire side of the vehicle.

Don’t ask about warranty, unless you want to be laughed out of the dealership.
That damage has nothing to do with how the car was manufactured

Goseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring
Country flag
You can use a touch up pen, but only if you don't care how ugly it will look. I did something similar to my previous car. Cleaning it will help remove a lot of the scuff, but there looks like some deeper damage too. You can fill that up with the touch up paint, just don't expect it to look good, passable at a distance at best. If it really bothers you, it'll cost $$$
Sponsored