Optimized Boost and Throttle for CVT

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a 2018 Sport Hatch with a CVT and paddle shifters that are collecting dust because of turbo lag. I also purchased the CARB version because I live in CA so I'm totally missing out on this update

Is this CVT boost really so immediately noticeable that it's worth purchasing the race version for and is it user friendly to set up?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
As far as setting it up, it is simple. You get a "modifications" tab with the Race version. Just check off the mods for optimized throttle and boost. Done.

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As far as setting it up, it is simple. You get a "modifications" tab with the Race version. Just check off the mods for optimized throttle and boost. Done.
Thanks for the info. I thought you went over to the Ktuner side?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did but I still keep up with Hondata stuff. I wish they could add the updates to the CARB but because it's CARB certified, they can't. The RACE version is a nice upgrade.

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just know I'm going to take a huge loss trying to sell the CARB version but I'm loyal to Hondata and I trust that they have rigorously tested this new optimized CVT boost before releasing it

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
Does anyone know if the optimized turbo response also works with manual transmission? I only see threads for cvt

Pinchehenry

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic, 2002 subaru wrx
Country flag
Nope. According to Doug at Hondata, sadly, no driveability changes are coming to the CARB version. I wish they would add driveability upgrades to the CARB, but since they aren't, I recently switched to Ktuner.
If you wanted to modify your car as much as you do, why did you buy the CARB version of Hondata in the first place? They have other versions to use for people wanting to do custom tuning.

Last edited:

Pinchehenry

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic, 2002 subaru wrx
Country flag
I just know I'm going to take a huge loss trying to sell the CARB version but I'm loyal to Hondata and I trust that they have rigorously tested this new optimized CVT boost before releasing it
That's also why I chose Hondata for my 10th Gen civic si. They developed and test all their products/maps rigorously before release. I'm currently using their 1.5 fuel system and their flex fuel calibration and does it completely change the driving experience!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you wanted to modify your car as much as you do, why did you buy the CARB version of Hondata in the first place?
This is a very old thread. Five years ago when I first got into tuning I went CARB for simplicity. Big mistake on my part and I quickly outgrew it.
Sponsored