Optimized Boost and Throttle for CVT

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure when this was added as it's not in any patch notes, and I jumped straight from 3.1.2 to 3.1.6, but us CVT guys now have mods for optimized boost and throttle!!
Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what does that do exactly

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It eliminates factory padding, so instead of ramping up to what you are requesting from the throttle and turbo it just does it. If you think your cvt is a slug off the line than turn these two mods on and be amazed. Turns out all that cvt and turbo lag that everyone bitches about was programmed in.

Ktuner has had the options pretty much since launch, there are a ton of threads out there that explain it way better than I just tried to lol.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
It eliminates factory padding, so instead of ramping up to what you are requesting from the throttle and turbo it just does it. If you think your cvt is a slug off the line than turn these two mods on and be amazed. Turns out all that cvt and turbo lag that everyone bitches about was programmed in.

Ktuner has had the options pretty much since launch, there are a ton of threads out there that explain it way better than I just tried to lol.
@gtman? Tried this out yet?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tried it this morning on my way to work. Definitely feels more responsive, and I also feel that the jerkiness from the CVT with a tune has been improved as well.

Tahjo7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch
Country flag

Any updates or videos, I'm intrigued, does hondata have this option as well?

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates or videos, I'm intrigued, does hondata have this option as well?
Video isn't going to show anything, and yes this is the Hondata sub so I am talking about Hondata. I referenced Ktuner because they've had it for longer so it's been more widely discussed on their sub. Just turn it on and see for yourself. I promise you won't be disappointed!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance this was added for us limited CARB owners?
Nope. According to Doug at Hondata, sadly, no driveability changes are coming to the CARB version. I wish they would add driveability upgrades to the CARB, but since they aren't, I recently switched to Ktuner.

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, white
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure when this was added as it's not in any patch notes, and I jumped straight from 3.1.2 to 3.1.6, but us CVT guys now have mods for optimized boost and throttle!!
What tune do you use and what car do you have, i have a 2018 ex hatch without paddles is it worth it?

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What tune do you use and what car do you have, i have a 2018 ex hatch without paddles is it worth it?
I'm in a 2016 EX-T coupe, the Canadian version so I do have paddles. I rarely drive in S without them, but this does make a dirrerence even then. I run the +6 for my SRI. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Tracking this. I have the CARB version so no option for me. Any comments from Hondata on CVT reliability impact? More low end torque might over stress things I assume. Soo tempting to maybe sell mine and go non carb.... maybe if it could be mapped to the econ switch do leave it normal ramp most of the time, have a dicey merge onto highway and enable it.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just tried this new update. you can feel the differance, especially in S which makes the car throttle feel really sensitive at low rpm