Opinions wanted: HFP Package

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Personally, I want to retain OEM reliability, fitment, and function (sport mode). I'm planning to buy the HFP suspension by itself (around $1500) and installing it myself, possibly with the Swift springs.

Also I'm a sucker for how the HFP sideskirts look on the coupe, so they're on my wishlist.

The kit as a whole, and at MSRP is very overpriced, not to mention the $4k is not including the dealer install fee. Pick and choose the parts you like and find them for a good deal online. The more you can install yourself the more pride you'll have in your car and you'll save the ridiculous dealership install rates.

I'm still of the opinion the Si with the HFP kit is the car they should've sold as the Si.
Sponsored

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
i bought the HFP Sideskirts on eBay. got them around 40% off

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm still of the opinion the Si with the HFP kit is the car they should've sold as the Si.
Totally agree. Simply because the only really unique things about the 'base' Si exterior are the spoilers and the badges. Front and rear bumpers, side skirts, and rims (apart from being machined) are just borrowed from the other sedan/coupe/hatchback models. Would have been nice for a little more distinction in the Si, and the HFP add-ons are not too extreme.

The suspension is really tempting considering all the reviews claim it is "stiffer in sport mode but softer in normal mode", which sounds ideal. Especially since the HFP suspension should be connect perfectly with the adaptive dampers and shouldn't throw any codes, which I hear can be a problem with aftermarket suspension on this gen Si. However, the price is a bit much, as others have stated.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Totally agree. Simply because the only really unique things about the 'base' Si exterior are the spoilers and the badges. Front and rear bumpers, side skirts, and rims (apart from being machined) are just borrowed from the other sedan/coupe/hatchback models. Would have been nice for a little more distinction in the Si, and the HFP add-ons are not too extreme.

The suspension is really tempting considering all the reviews claim it is "stiffer in sport mode but softer in normal mode", which sounds ideal. Especially since the HFP suspension should be connect perfectly with the adaptive dampers and shouldn't throw any codes, which I hear can be a problem with aftermarket suspension on this gen Si. However, the price is a bit much, as others have stated.
For a while we had the polygonal exhaust unique to the Si until they poached it for the sport.

It just confuses me why it made sense to them to develop these alternate parts and not include them. The suspension, for instance, being unique to the Si already meant they developed and manufactured two entirely different sets of springs and dampers. How is that more cost effective than simply developing and manufacturing the HFP version and putting it on every Si?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
When I had my Si I went with the the front lip, the side skirts, and floor mats. The lip and side skirts look fantastic. The HFP wheels were heavier than the stock wheels so I didn't want to pay for a performance downgrade. Couldn't justify the suspension cost without being able to test it first.

If I could do it again I'd do the same thing but skip the floormats because they get very dirty very quick due to color.
How often do you get to test an aftermarket suspension upgrade before buying it?

Gogoggansgo

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big turbo fiesta st
Country flag
For 4 thousand dollars it’s a really bad value for money, when Ford has the Ecoboost high performance package at 5k, which includes a upgraded engine, and the old performance package included. Honda could of done better. At least throw in a better clutch lol

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
For 4 thousand dollars it’s a really bad value for money, when Ford has the Ecoboost high performance package at 5k, which includes a upgraded engine, and the old performance package included. Honda could of done better. At least throw in a better clutch lol
HFP package ($4000)
- suspension including shocks ($1,600)
- color matched HFP spoilers including front and side ($1,000 unpainted if ordered after)
- HFP 19inch wheels ($1,300 all four)

If you really break it down, the prices seem reasonable whether you want something individually or all together. $1,600 for an entire suspension upgrade without worrying about dashboard lights seems fine. It'll cost nearly $700 in parts alone for only springs and a camber kit.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
HFP package ($4000)
- suspension including shocks ($1,600)
- color matched HFP spoilers including front and side ($1,000 unpainted if ordered after)
- HFP 19inch wheels ($1,300 all four)

If you really break it down, the prices seem reasonable whether you want something individually or all together. $1,600 for an entire suspension upgrade without worrying about dashboard lights seems fine. It'll cost nearly $700 in parts alone for only springs and a camber kit.

-The lip kit comes painted from the factory and can be gotten for closer to 700+ tax shipped (400ish for sides, 300ish for front).
-1300 HFP wheels. You can get "better" wheels for less. Also, no reason to go 19's unless you prefer the look of the bigger wheels.
-Suspension wise, you can get the Tien flex z with cancelers for under 1100 shipped.

And the most important thing about doing it this way is that you get to keep your factory parts. So, you can see these mods to re-coup a decent chunk of your mod money before returning it to stock and selling the car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
I personally just added the side skirts and front lip to my '19 Si Coupe. I wasn't a big fan of the HFP rims and I definitely did want the floor mats. I am happy with the Si's suspension other than the classic clunk in the rear during very cold days. I own a '17 Type R as well so in comparison, I am happy with the stock Si suspension as compared to the Type R.
Good luck with your choice and enjoy your new ride.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just had the HFP suspension installed this week. It replaced the stock SI struts and Whiteline springs. Yes, it was quite expensive in Canada, but now it is a different car and I am very very happy with it. (except for the typical few scuffs on my paint and damaged interior panel that comes with using a Honda dealer for installs). But the Honda dealer was kind enough to install my DC Sports upper strut bar for free at the same time. In normal mode its feels so much smoother, very luxurious and feels like my previous Lexus IS. In sport, it is much stiffer but still smooth. Doesn't have that slight bouncy feeling I had with the springs and handles better, it is difficult to explain but the car just feels fantastic. Also in the cold weather here I have no more clunking. However given the test of time maybe cold weather clunking will come back. The aftermarket springs just left a bad taste in my mouth, maybe I had just selected the wrong ones. I have no experience with coil overs and how they would ride, but another factor is I want the ability to have comfortable highway drives, with the odd weekend track day. Also the roads are very poor and bumpy here and the HFP handles the rough roads pretty well. But I cannot quantify how much better it feels than a stock SI, the stock SI handles pretty darn good to begin with. But I must say though, that lightweight rims and high quality performance summer tires are by far the biggest jump to improve handling you can do. I would recommend rim and rubbers before anything else. Cheers!

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
OP originally posed the question in November, any decisions/purchases made?

I saw you mentioned that your budget is relatively flexible and a Type R is well within reach, which if I were you, that would be the route I would go. I fell in love with the Type R but my budget wouldn't allow it so I opted for the Si as a compromise. Don't get me wrong though, its a great car and I love owning it, but if your're considering buying a new one and dumping 4k+ into it immediately you might as well get a lightly used Type R because it would still out-perform your Si after all the money you threw at it and wouldn't cost a whole lot more than what you spent in aftermarket parts. The 2020 Type R's seem to be a great value too with the added features that came with the refresh, so I don't know if they have any of the creature comforts you were looking for that the pre 2020's were lacking, but I think it's a better buy than the pre 2020's were brand new. And if the adult-ness concern of the Type R's look worries you, you can likely buy an OEM or replica spoiler/wing from the 2020 Sport Line trim in the not so distant future, which is a lot less in your face than the US OEM wing.

Regardless though, curious to hear what you decide(d) on!

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all, so I’m looking at upgrading from my 2016 civic ex-t to the a 2020 civic si. I haven’t decided on sedan or coupe quite yet but am having a ton of trouble deciding if the HFP Package is worth the extra $4,000 or not.
Here’s what it includes:
- HFP badging
- HFP front lip
- HFP side skirts
- 19in black HFP wheels
- Summer tires
- lug nuts
For $4,000, I can see the value. Especially since the suspension is basically the same from the type r from my research. (Please correct me if wrong) Here are my current issues though, does the originally parts go with the car too? Like if I wanted the originally wheels for a winter wheel/tire setup. Other then that, I plan on buying Option Lab R706 wheels pretty early into having the car and also plan on modifying the car quite a lot. However, I really like the look of the car stock with the HFP Package and it would allow me to not have to buy side skirts or a front lip. I’m contemplating it really just for the suspension, side skirts, and front lip. What do you guys think? (thanks for all opinions)
I would go with what you like the best. Consider what your end build will be, how much will it cost. What order and what your goals are will determine how much $ you’ll need on your pocket and when,

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The HFP kit is expensive, sure but you definitely get the reliability of knowing it's factory Honda parts like JT Si said - I purchased and installed my kit about 6-7 after purchasing my Si. I did a quick follow-up vid after I had some miles on it. Might help anyone else contemplating the upgrade...

Sponsored